Diablo® III

Stash Space has limited my playtime...

This is Diablo 3 a game about hunting loot. In a game about hunting loot i would like space to store said loot. Unfortunaly in Diablo 3 our stash space is VERY limited and I would like to see an increase in stash size.

Currently I am no longer playing the game...Not because the game isnt fun or balanced, but because i cant store anymore loot.

My stash is full, my AH is full, i have made mules and moving things around at this point is tiresome. I have to make hard decisions on rather i should vendor decent items or not play the game. Its become easier for me to just not play the game. Dont get me wrong i love the item hunt and i could hunt forever but i dont have the stash space to do this.

Some points i hear defending our stash is that it is "bigger" than the stash in Diablo 2. Well that may be trueish but not fully. In D2 we did not have a shared stash and each Hero you made had their own stash. You could make as many accounts as you wanted and as many heroes as you wanted so really in D2 your stash space was infinity. In Diablo 3 our shared stash Is the only stash ALL our Heroes can use.

One thing i think would be nice is if each character had their own NON-SHARED stash as well as the shared stash. Here you could keep alternate sets and items for that character only and would not get lost in the shared stash.

I know im going to see people here post "dont hoard items". Well all the items in my stash could sell in the AH for a few 100k at least. I know thats not a lot but its more than i would get at the vendor and it would feel like a waist to just vendor these items.

If i could post more stuff in the AH that could be one way to get rid of all my junk but 10 at a time is too slow for the masses i have accumulated in my stash.
Reply Quote
It sounds like you need to do more item research and undercut comps with buy-outs. This will keep your inventory and AH clear and keep the money rolling in. Only in rare cases should you use a bid without a valid buy-out option if you want to move items quickly.

I sell many 25-250k items with a few simple steps. Search for similar items. Check buy-out prices. Check bid prices ending within 30m. Use those as guides and under-cut those with your buyout prices. The item will generally move quickly. I also keep my bid and buy-out prices fairly tight on most auction items.

Is it possible some one will attempt to flip? Yes, but they have to deal with it and you have gold that takes up zero inventory space.

In the rare case that you don't do a BO, if it's an item that you are sure will sell you should put the starting bid very low. This will allow many people to place a minimum bid on the item without tying up a lot of gold so they can "watch" the item. This gets you more bites, and potentially a higher ending bid.

Just my $0.02.
Reply Quote
I agree with what Danov said. Considering you're not playing the game right now that should free up time for you to sell your items. Storage space is not a problem. You just need to be a little more diligent in selling.
Reply Quote
It is funny how they argued back then with their huge space compared to D2 while in D2 I could make infinite mules to carry stuff. In D3 your space actually will run out at some point.

Good for them that there are not too many items to pick up in D3, so the stash wont fill up so quickly.
Edited by Gunblade#2868 on 3/20/2013 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I hate loggin in just to sell thing in the AH and log out. I want to play the game not the AH. :(
Reply Quote
Then play the game....either vendor some of what you already have or vendor the drops you find. 99% of what you find should be vendor'd anyway...
Edited by Arma#1418 on 3/20/2013 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Guaranteed that at least 70% of the "decent" items you're hoarding are utter crap.

Clean house, it isn't that hard. It's a lot easier than coming here and asking Blizzard to enable you to fall further into your hoarding disorder. You are supposed to control yourself, not rely on others to do it for you.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
So what. Who cares he is not playing the game because he is a hoarder. We all play the same game and face the same issues. Give him more space he'd just hoard more. He filled his stash, filled his ah so what would adding stash buy him. a few days play. I don't want blizzard to open stash up because a person can't decide what to vendor. He bought this problem on himself.
Reply Quote
As i suspected people are calling a a hoarder. I still vendor 99% of what i find, i know alot of people have the mentaility of if its not a godly Legendary vendor it.... but i like having lower tier good items to lvl alternate heros.

I mean are we not supposed to keep ANY rares unless they are GODLY?

Seems a waist to vendor items that could sell in the AH for much more.

In a game about collecting loot, im not supposed to keep any of it? Its like the game isnt about loot anymore its about gold. You can store gold to infinity...
Edited by TimeSpike#1874 on 3/20/2013 12:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
We do need more space. But OP is a hoarder.

I have lots of items (2 of each leg/set I found); a few rare items (like lvl 63 weapons with 100k dps or strange names) diff building gears and I still have space.

Just clean up a bit
Reply Quote

Just clean up a bit

I have done this so many times now im only left with stuff i dont want to vendor. Yes i may have hoarded a little at 1st but i have cleaned my stash out of all the crap and have replaced it all with decent items that i dont feel comfortable vendoring.

Maybe the problem isnt stash space at all...

Maybe the problem is that there is no good way to turn large masses of items into profit. The AH is nice but is slow and only lets you post 10 items at a time.

Vendoring is an option but they give you so little for items i could fetch at least 100k for on the AH.

Maybe if vendors gave you more money for items with certain combinations of affixes i would be inclined to sell some of these items.

Whatever you may think hoarder or not there is a flaw related to the large amount of items in my stash that is preventing me from further enjoying the game.
Reply Quote
I'm willing to bet 90% of your items wouldn't even sell for 10k if you put them on the AH.

Vendor them, you're probably a hoarder lol. Nobody searches for 100k items anymore, they search for real upgrades.
Reply Quote
Stash space feeds the auction house, and forces the "for profits" to buy additional accounts, etc..
Reply Quote
I'm willing to bet 90% of your items wouldn't even sell for 10k if you put them on the AH.

Vendor them, you're probably a hoarder lol. Nobody searches for 100k items anymore, they search for real upgrades.

Wrong, people search 100k items. Gold is slow to find in this game. Say you make a new monk lvl him to 60 and only have 1 million to spend. You will gear him out in my decent gear for 100k a piece and at least be able to farm act 1 inferno till you can find better upgrades. I have done this numerous times, i cant be the only one...
Reply Quote
A good part of my income is selling items around the 50-100K amount. I am not rich at all and generally only have 2-3 million on hand at any point in time. The thing is... I price my items to sell... so they sell quickly. This keeps my inventory cycling as I am finding new things.

For example: I find a pair of Dex/Vit/AR/Crit% bracers that are worth 150k going by comps. I put them on AH with a starting bid of 50K and a Buy-Out of 100K. They will probably sell before my next Act 3 run is finished.

You might look at it as loosing 50K. I look at it as gaining 100K that I wouldn't have had if the item never sold and took up space in my stash or AH. Dropping Prices = Selling. If your supply has clearly out-paced the demand then it's time to slash prices. Business 101.
Reply Quote
Well its not that i dont know what price to sell an item for. I got into this situation because i dont enjoy posting things in the AH so i had large gaps when i would be finding items but not selling anything in the AH because i was too lazy to post anything up.

This has left me in the current situation where i have alot of decent items and no place to sell them! Other than slowely through the AH 10 at a time...

You see i enjoy the game and the loot more than the AH and gold. I want to hunt for more loot but i dont have anywhere to sell my items!
Reply Quote
You keep saying "slowly" through the AH. The AH doesn't have to be slow. You don't have to wait 36 hours.

If you price your items correctly they will sell in minutes... and your stash problems will be over.
Reply Quote
You keep saying "slowly" through the AH. The AH doesn't have to be slow. You don't have to wait 36 hours.

If you price your items correctly they will sell in minutes... and your stash problems will be over.

De/relist items that doesn't sell within a few hours; this only works for buyout auctions because no reserve auctions doesn't really get bids until the last 10 seconds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]