Diablo® III

Hardcore Ironman.

And another one bites the dust!...my Lvl 14 barb died...then I has Septimus rush my DH to act 2 we were doing fine looking for VOA on MP6 but those dam monsters that explode and shoot poisionus gas everywhere, killed me. we killed like 50 of em and nowhere to run... So two HC toons in one day, thats a record for me. On to the next one aye. My profile is looking like a HC graveyard.
Edited by Troubleshoot#6790 on 3/21/2013 12:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ouch, ah well that's the fun of it!

Played IronWizard (yeah I know, fairly generic name) last night to level 7 on HC MP10. Lots of fun, although I need to grind some of the earlier quests more as after I killed the blacksmiths wife and headed north I found the monsters there were too hard.

So I'll go back and do some of those earlier quests a bit to level up and hopefully get a new drop or two!

Good luck in game, hope Friday night treats you guys better =)
Reply Quote
Yeah I hope so too mate, give us a yell when youre in game we can quest togther, it's better that way. Then we can swap gear if I find something that might be usefull to you.
Reply Quote
IronWomanTwo is level 39 and rising. I couldn't believe it when I looked and saw nearly 40 and only just moving into Act 2 nightmare. (Killed the butcher NM last night..)

Still, I think that's why she's still alive, because we are playing a really hard version of HC. Being unable to enhance your EHP by using the AH is very difficult, and I don't know whether I will be able to make it all the way to Inferno. I'm getting rather fond on my "stinking WD" so I'm stacking vitality and giving it my best shot whilst enjoying it immensely. I think I will go back to act 1 now and grind a bit more to level her before trying to progress further in act 2.

Well done Chris and I hope we meet ingame shortly.

And trouble, let's just keep on plugging.
Reply Quote
BetterNotDie is my Lvl 11 HC Barb. Liking the Ironman style gameplay. Not liking that sometimes HC seems to have bad latency for me when compared to SC...???
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 06:04 PMPosted by DJVege
BetterNotDie is my Lvl 11 HC Barb. Liking the Ironman style gameplay. Not liking that sometimes HC seems to have bad latency for me when compared to SC...???

Hahahaha. Love the name. I love the style of play, tends to keep you on the edge of your seat most of the time. I have only had one really bad lag spike resulting in a DC. Fortunately, I had killed all the monsters around me at the time. Hope we meet in game sometime.
Reply Quote
:) zarajank has been after me since launch to play HC. I said I would after I level all 5 classes to 60. lol. Left my Barb for last. Finally made the plunge on the weekend with zarajank (only have 3 classes at 60 in SC). Love the Barb, though. Definitely best to leave him to last! Something about that THUD when you smack a demon! And bodies flying around everywhere after you thump them! :)

Problem is I'm too used to SC. Just jump into a group or elite groups without thinking... see my health drop under 25% and think, "whoooaa... hold on!" :)

Will add you in game mate, if I haven't already.
Reply Quote
Hardcore is a very different kettle of fish to softcore. I think a few of us have found that out the hard way, me included. My son gave me some very good advice and as he has a good HC character, I take his advice gratefully. He said "make sure you stack plenty of vitality and life and are comfortable in the level you are playing before you advance to the next." Now I am assuming by comfortable, he means feeling fairly immortal in that level.

So even though I have advanced to Act 2 Nightmare, I am going to grind the levels in Act 1 until I feel totally safe at a high monster power, before I go any further.

I am soooo looking forward to level 60, even if I am just starting Hell, because I should be able to find some good upgrades to my items with NV. At the moment, rares are just that.

I have found 4 legendary items so far and couldn't use one of them, but have given them to other players to help them.

Please let us know how you are going in your Ironman quest.
Reply Quote
I think I have found out that this kettle of fish is one that bites back if you aren't careful. Thanks again for your help Sep. The first run we did we got to the butcher killed him, then the flames from the ground got me...That was funny really. Then the next toon, we got past the butcher and to Belial, I was supose to stay in town while Sep killed him, but I accepted the quest when prompted..Wups! A lvl 4 in act2 MP5 fighting Belial...."Hello, my name is trouble, and I am from the town of No Chance...Population ME!" It should go with out saying but I will say it anyways, I had to start a new toon yet again. Now I'm in act 4 half way done and I am only a lvl 7 I think. And I think i will just stay in act 1 for a while, until I don't get any more XP. I don't know what it is but I really suck at HC and can't seem to stay alive, not only is it frustrating but also gets a bit boring doing the same thing over and over and over and over, while still being a low lvl toon. Any ways, I have promised my self that I will take my time and that I will stay until I can no longer get XP in an act. So lets hope that this toon will be the one that gets to 60....
Edited by Troubleshoot#6790 on 3/24/2013 4:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I thought Ironman meant you couldn't grind/replay quests/acts..?? Right/wrong?
Reply Quote
I think the original Ironman from D2 was that way. Having said that, we felt it was hard enough this way and no one wants to loose a HC character without a second thought - even Trouble - LOL.

So in our form of Ironman, you can grind and replay quests, you can even get rushed so long as its by another Ironman character without shop bought armour and weapons.

Actually, pretty much anything that will help you survive is ok. so long as you don't use the merchants and AH.
Reply Quote
Ok sweet. Screw not using health potions (don't mind not using the healer, because I never do), but without health potions... I is out! :)

I need more vitality! Surrounded by elite bulls in Fields of Misery or the Highlands, all about to rush = Button bashing extraordinaire + crap in pants!
Reply Quote
03/24/2013 11:01 PMPosted by DJVege
Surrounded by elite bulls in Fields of Misery or the Highlands, all about to rush = Button bashing extraordinaire + crap in pants!

Hahaha! Nicely put.
Reply Quote
Ok sweet. Screw not using health potions (don't mind not using the healer, because I never do), but without health potions... I is out! :)

I need more vitality! Surrounded by elite bulls in Fields of Misery or the Highlands, all about to rush = Button bashing extraordinaire + crap in pants!

Still soft in the middle I see.
Reply Quote
I had my button mashing moment last night in act 2 NM. OMG soooooo close (although it didn't proc Spirit Vessel, so I guess it wasn't quite as close as it felt). I don't want to loose my level 43 toon now lol, so should back away from desert sands for a while.
Reply Quote
Whatever... fine, no stupid potions. But you're getting a punch in the junk, AND you'd better heal the **** out of me while in HC, zarajank! :-)
Edited by DJVege#6219 on 3/25/2013 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/25/2013 04:31 PMPosted by DJVege
Whatever... fine, no stupid potions. But you're getting a punch in the junk, AND you'd better heal the **** out of me while in HC, zarajank! :-)

Haha, I'll run just far enough away so my heals miss you :P
Reply Quote
03/25/2013 04:31 PMPosted by DJVege

Hahaha! I use the vrap out of potions DJ, don't let him get the best of you....Potions are my best friend in HC. I'm a potion horde...I even have old potions in my stash from old toons. No shane in my game dude. You can call me what you want. Soft or jelly, but once you loose a toon in act 4...because your too big fro potions...you'd wish that you would have listened to Trouble.
Reply Quote
Hey,

Yeah I think I deviated from the plan in regards to ironman. I started out playing on MP10 HC and was enjoying the challenge. However I found that I needed to grind the same places over and over and over again in the hope I get some better gear. I like MP 10 as the rewards are very nice, especially the gold however I don't have the time to grind the same places again and again in the hopes that I get some gear.

So now the AH is my friend on HC MP10 and I have the best of both worlds. The constant risk that I could die and the great rewards of the higher MP. I'm only level 25 at the moment but I've done everything on MP10 and am just taking my time.

Been good to catch up with a few people in game, good luck in your adventuring =)

Cheers,

Chris
Reply Quote
Ah well Chris, that is your option. Who knows, later that may happen to more of us. But at the moment, I would really like to continue without merchants and AH, and MP 0 suits me fine lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]