Diablo® III

Blew 3+ bil on my wiz...help?

I decided to roll a wiz instead of upgrading the Mempo on my monk and after blowing 3+ bil, I'm not so sure I'm happy with the results of my wiz -.- I knew I should have seemed helped in the wiz forums but I was too stubborn, and lazy. I only ended up with 160k DPS, I could have upped that a bit more but I decided to go with the Blackthornes amulet for the LoH and Litany for the damage reduction, should I just swap those out for more offensive stats?
Reply Quote
wow... i dont even know how you spent that much on that. You made some really weird choices, your gloves are not a trifecta, your nats ring/boots setup is doing nothing because the ring only has IAS you might as well just wear a bifecta with regular boots

where do we start! lol
Reply Quote
Should've done bids rather than buyouts. Most gold is saved that way unless you camp for 1d12h snipes.

Oh, man, I should've kept JellzRoc's CM set then, haha. 170K+ DPS and decent mitigation for 1.5 billion.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 3/11/2013 10:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmm. You really shoulda asked one of us for help before pulling the trigger
Reply Quote
^^ agreed. my wand cost 200something mil LOL
Reply Quote
It is also pretty important to point out that you do not have a single plvl yet. Every plvl will net you 3% to damage. 160K and 0plvl is pretty high DPS. IMO
Reply Quote
Lol my gear was worth more than 1.5 bill by a very sizable amount. I totally lucked out lol
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 10:21 AMPosted by Paranoyed
It is also pretty important to point out that you do not have a single plvl yet. Every plvl will net you 3% to damage. 160K and 0plvl is pretty high DPS. IMO

3 int does not = 3% dmg..

yeah lets say hes Plvl50 *3 int, 150 int is only gonna be like 15k dmg at most
Reply Quote
^ not even that much. for me every 1 int is like 75dmg. so 11k dmg at most.
Reply Quote
Ok thanks for telling me that cause everything I looked up through Google said it was 1% per int point
Reply Quote
I had no wiz friends and got impatient and just bought out a lot of the pieces -.- why must I be such an impulsive buyer! I found a wiz that told me I was fine with my 2.74 aps and I just crafted those gloves last night so instead of spending more gold I just used those for now should I get a trifecta pair then?
Reply Quote
^ its not wrong. but considering u have about 2000% already so 1% of the base is really like 1/2000 of ur current dmg..which is about 75 yes
Reply Quote
I only ended up with 160k DPS

I don't see the issue. As CM with much lower dps I kill Ghom the same speed as blades alone at current dps due to the other build multipliers. Don't focus so much on your sheet dps. I'm sure coming from monk you know more than I do about actual damage and multipliers.
Reply Quote
fine gloves. better if u can get tri, but since ur at 2.74 i guess that doesn't matter. prolly cc on the nat ring is more important
Reply Quote
@void Thank you for the clarification.
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Void
fine gloves. better if u can get tri, but since ur at 2.74 i guess that doesn't matter. prolly cc on the nat ring is more important

I'll try and keep crafting and hit AH tonight for a trifecta pair but I'm at 54% crit should I really get some more crit on the nats? I have a few more hundred mil left before I'm broke and since I already made such a big investment I might as well just ball out. I just wasn't sure if I ended up well since I see all these wiz's with 300k DPS and what not.
Reply Quote
Without Para you have all those stats, pretty good. But I believe you can have more with 3 bil. You can just use Trifecta Gloves and drop your Lacuni you don't have enough mitigation to afford the lacuni. Also you don't need TriCross you already have high HP, that Cross only eats your Gold and holds your DPS and/or mitigation back at the same time, totally counterproductive. Also you don't need that much APoC on your Source, 5-6 APoC are enough nowadays due to the APoC change.

So you overpaid for your Amulet and Source, which can be much better if they were not TriCross (or any kind of Cross in fact) and 10 APoC Source. They are not bad purchases but you can do better.
Reply Quote
Without Para you have all those stats, pretty good. But I believe you can have more with 3 bil. You can just use Trifecta Gloves and drop your Lacuni you don't have enough mitigation to afford the lacuni. Also you don't need TriCross you already have high HP, that Cross only eats your Gold and holds your DPS and/or mitigation back at the same time, totally counterproductive. Also you don't need that much APoC on your Source, 5-6 APoC are enough nowadays due to the APoC change.

So you overpaid for your Amulet and Source, which can be much better if they were not TriCross (or any kind of Cross in fact) and 10 APoC Source. They are not bad purchases but you can do better.

Well I mainly bought the cross for the LoH though so I have 1k with my pants. On the source I actually won it through bid at 400m with a few mins left so I atleast feel like I didn't over pay but idk what's fair since I'm new to wiz but I know I definitely overpaid for the amulet I think 375m buyout it was just out up though and other comparable ones were 500m+. I was thinking about dropping the lacuni's for something with more ehp if I got ias on my gloves though.
Reply Quote
80M for 2% XP... *smacks OP over the head*

MH and OH are nice. Mempo is solid. Love the WH. I would guess you're probably taking a little more damage than you want from stuff like plague and other ground DOTs. Your resists are pretty good but you might wanna increase your armor. As for rings, yeah you wanna get at least a bifecta nats. Otherwise, like Drizz said, you might as well just get a 6cc 9ias rare and use super ehp ice climbers. BTW, 100 plvls should get you over 180k in that gear.
Reply Quote

Well I mainly bought the cross for the LoH though so I have 1k with my pants. On the source I actually won it through bid at 400m with a few mins left so I atleast feel like I didn't over pay but idk what's fair since I'm new to wiz but I know I definitely overpaid for the amulet I think 375m buyout it was just out up though and other comparable ones were 500m+. I was thinking about dropping the lacuni's for something with more ehp if I got ias on my gloves though.

Source is okay I was just updated lol

However no matter what kind of Cross it is, you are always better with a Rare Amulet, Trifecta+LoH, you will have either more DPS or more mitigation, probably more LoH, and ofc more CD. It's the matter of performance now when rare Amulet nearly outperforms TriCross in your build at any price level.

Just buy good Trifecta Gloves lol it's much easier compare to crafting, Rare Bracers with high Armor and/or Str will definitely buff you Armor significantly, if you want to craft I think crafting bracers is better, to Craft Trifecta Gloves with high value of stats I think it's one in a million chance lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]