Diablo® III

Blew 3+ bil on my wiz...help?

thx.. seems i need over 4800 armor to make 90%
Reply Quote
View profile
^

No problem @ all.

I try to get around posting on my lunch breaks.

Definately ask the community, we are a helpful bunch. for the most part :P

Yeah I've been reading some threads the past few days and figured I can gear her myself and looking at some profiles I know it definitely coulda been better I knew I should have seeked some help lol. I guess I'll have to learn through trial and error this time =p

Another question, is it more critical for me to upgrade my nats ring to a CD/AR one for more DPS or upgrade my VW for one with some strength to add more armor?
Edited by MrNastyTime#1577 on 3/11/2013 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
^

No problem @ all.

I try to get around posting on my lunch breaks.

Definately ask the community, we are a helpful bunch. for the most part :P

Yeah I've been reading some threads the past few days and figured I can gear her myself and looking at some profiles I know it definitely coulda been better I knew I should have seeked some help lol. I guess I'll have to learn through trial and error this time =p

Another question, is it more critical for me to upgrade my nats ring to a CD/AR one for more DPS or upgrade my VW for one with some strength to add more armor?

CD on the nats ring will give you the most DPS.

I'm not sure what your CC situation is and your playstyle, but I'm sure its not dire.

VW with STR are relatively cheap without vitality on them. If you want vitality + STR on viles there isn't many worth using TBH unless you are patient.

Up to you how you want to allocate the gear. But i'm sure you can add some 150 armor + to your viles without breaking the bank and upgrade your nats along the way.

But AR/armor is probably the stat you want right now on whatever gear you can afford on. Again, not sure your situation budget wise.
Reply Quote
View profile
@Boozer

Well I had 600 something left to spend but Aimless just bought me some gloves for 290 I think it was so I have just over 300m left to upgrade my VW, Nats ring and replace my Lacuni's for a rare with high intel/vita if I'm going to get a strength VW I'll need to make up the HP loss from the vita and life %.

Edit: My crit chance is at 54% currently though.
Edited by MrNastyTime#1577 on 3/11/2013 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
^

Hmm... Probably won't be enough.

The glove wasn't your weakest link IMO.

Your not adding AR with that new glove so no real boost there. Just the IAS which is the right path for upgrade and losing the lacunis BUT, probably didn't have to spend so much to do it. IMO.

280m is a fair price, not a steal by any means.

For 300m remamining I'd take <50m to the viles and see what you can get in terms of armor.

Rare bracers can be crafted, they are better then any that can be purchased. These would have strong armor preferable and will break you over 4k so you should feel a difference.

Forget about the AR/CD nats for now it will be out of your budget.
Edited by Boozor#1433 on 3/11/2013 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
9 ias Gloves let him wear real bracers IMO for a ton more EHP and DPS. I have made 12 that add over 7K dps and .6 protection over his lacuni.

Still no 603 armor ones tho so f em lolz I wont wear em. I already feel dirty <5K armor no way I'll wear 220 armor bracers, just for some DPS.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/11/2013 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Oh an Nasty I got some Bracer like mine I'll just give you till you make a good set. they have 170 int tho and only 525 armor 76 ar 5.5 cc
Reply Quote
View profile
@Boozer

I can probably scrape up some more up I'll have to see where km at for sure but if the VW will only cost 50m or so I can get the nats for 180+50 so I'd still have atleast 70m left for some high intel/vita bracers and I could add some all res there as well if needed but I'm at like 795 I think?

@Aimless

I'm all out of demonic essences so I'm going to have to buy a pair of bracers in place of them for now though. What time is it where you're at? I want to try and catch you on later tonight for those gloves if its not too late.

Edit: Aimless I just saw your other post about bracers I think I'm really going to need some vita on the bracers to make up for the loss at the VW if I get a strength one for more armor because I'll lose the vita and life % but I really appreciate the generous offer!
Edited by MrNastyTime#1577 on 3/11/2013 2:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I live in PST. I dont suggest pure STR INT viles but

190 STR
280 INT
~70 VIT

This combined with some high migration bracer and you'll have little issues with life.
Reply Quote
I still think you did great for a first try, better than most with a budget that size. And you didn't make any irreversible mistakes. You can sell what you bought and can easily upgrade to get the ehp you need and a dps boost. Most of us have had to upgrade every piece a bunch of times to get there and wasted lots of gold that way. Now you need to go punish some high MP mobs with you new wiz!
Reply Quote
View profile
03/11/2013 02:13 PMPosted by QIpcquebec
I still think you did great for a first try, better than most with a budget that size. And you didn't make any irreversible mistakes. You can sell what you bought and can easily upgrade to get the ehp you need and a dps boost. Most of us have had to upgrade every piece a bunch of times to get there and wasted lots of gold that way. Now you need to go punish some high MP mobs with you new wiz!

Thanks man what's a good number for ehp should I be aiming for anyways?

@Aimless

I got your email about the VW I'll have to see what I'm left with after the nats ring and new bracers before I get a new VW I think.
Reply Quote
Just curious - how much real $$$ have you spent across all your toons?
Reply Quote
Forget about DPS. You bought the wrong wand though. Get a chantodos without the socket but with 11% IAS instead. Sheet DPS will plumet, actual dps will skyrocket. Your gear though is horribly overpriced, like you have very few pieces with perfect 9 ias. If I were you, I would buy nothing less than 9 ias, everything else is optional as long as your crit is above 40. Enjoy CM it's suuuuper fun.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/11/2013 02:50 PMPosted by Professional

What's it matter if you're just going to flame for me how I spent my own money on "virtual" items and could have spent it in something else in real life blah blah and I'm just dual wielding mommy and adds credit cards?

@Cody

Yeah I understand I overpaid for items like I said I got impatient but regearing is definitely not an option at this point. I do plan on upgrading some pieces though.
Reply Quote
._. !!!
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 03:15 PMPosted by CODY
Forget about DPS. You bought the wrong wand though. Get a chantodos without the socket but with 11% IAS instead. Sheet DPS will plumet, actual dps will skyrocket.

You still to recover the lost dps with an IAS wand against OS.
Reply Quote
How the hell did you spend 3b on that?
Reply Quote
View profile
03/11/2013 02:50 PMPosted by Professional

Prolly a hell of a lot less than i could have earned in 1500 hrs of grinding by working;)
Reply Quote
View profile
03/11/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Aimless

Prolly a hell of a lot less than i could have earned in 1500 hrs of grinding by working;)

Lol right! I work 50+ hours a week man I only have time to play on weekends and a few hours at night I deserve to spoil myself a bit for my entertainment =) I mean I still have 50k elite kills and 1 mil total kills its not like I just started playing and spent money.
Reply Quote
I live in PST. I dont suggest pure STR INT viles but

190 STR
280 INT
~70 VIT

This combined with some high migration bracer and you'll have little issues with life.

Where are these mythical shoulders you speak of?

On Aph + Shandlar?

Ya ... GL to all then.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]