Diablo® III

Blew 3+ bil on my wiz...help?

I never been against anyone spend RM. Seems way smarter to me actually based on my experiance. I like wiz and like playing otherwise I calculated I make like 23 cents an hour playing. Minimum wage job would pay me better.

Anyway did you pop for that nats ring? Cos it's gone there is a 34 cd one tho but with worse AR
Reply Quote
Don't see the issue, that's how much they cost. Other classes can sit over the fence and whine how OP CM/SNS freeze build is but till you actually invest in it and realize how MUCH more expensive it is compared to other classes to get a decent result then you have no right and should shut the hell up. You've just earned your pass, congrats.

Besides the Nat's ring and the generally low armor I don't see any slip ups in your selections. AR Nat's rings are kinda useless IMO. Go CC + LOH or CHD. You don't need 800 AR, only if you don't have 4k armor. It's cheaper to get armor for the same mitigation since armor value will always be less % than AR, giving you more because it's always less than the 10:1 value. You're like at 10:3. Know what I mean?

TL;DR - You didn't screw up, what a good CM wiz costs.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 3/11/2013 4:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree with Jay here. At first glance, 3bn seemed really overpriced (Might've overpaid with 500mil, I'm guessing) but with the constant inflation, that's just what a decent SNS cost these days.
Reply Quote
@Aimless

Nah it wasn't me man I still have another 2.5 hours or so here at work =\ how much lower is the other resist one? I figured I can afford to lose some if I'm going to add some on my bracers.

@Masterjay and @Niko

Thanks guys it'll be we'll over 3.5b after tonight -.- I'm excited to try something new other than just face tanking mp10 with my monk though! I already have over 1k LoH with my pants and amulet so I don't think I'll really need to add any on my ring I like the AR on it really. Can't wait to get home to check AH, I never thought that's something I would say lol.
Reply Quote
Hey OP, firstly congrats on joining Team Wiz

I can spot multiple things in your gear that could be upped. I spent only 2.6 bil on my current gear. And im at 265k. Im only para 30. Im more than willing to help you out free, and im interested in discussing your gear with you. I will be on for the next 6 hours, and ive sent you a friend request. Im also able to skype with you although you dont have to if you dont like. Wish you the best of luck bro!
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 04:40 PMPosted by MrNastyTime

Prolly a hell of a lot less than i could have earned in 1500 hrs of grinding by working;)

Lol right! I work 50+ hours a week man I only have time to play on weekends and a few hours at night I deserve to spoil myself a bit for my entertainment =) I mean I still have 50k elite kills and 1 mil total kills its not like I just started playing and spent money.

^ i mean, people spend thousands on making cars go faster, to what ... burn more gas and get more speeding tickets along with higher insurance payments? there's nothing wrong with spending money on what makes you happy, cars are fun too ... to each his own! ; )
Reply Quote
I think u should really consider upping ur dps. I was a 220k Sns and usually played buffed at 250k with 700ish resists and 4k armor. At the right break point with good LoH it works beautifully especially with the new apoc returns. Mp 10 diablo solo went down easily and quickly solo. U really need to hit those 200k+ dps numbers to drop mp10 fast
Reply Quote
@Codey

Sounds good man I'll definitely hit you up when I get home tonight's!

@Chaotic

Yep to each his own! This is way cheaper than working on my car though =p

@Harrower

I'm not quite sure what an sns is? I'm just mainly making a perma freeze one not sure if that's the same..but I plan to up my DPS some tonight when I get home but I don't think I'll hit the 200k mark though =\
Edited by MrNastyTime#1577 on 3/11/2013 6:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm suggesting to get Nats ring similar to mine with:

Avg Dmg (20-40+)
Dex
Int (50+)
Critical hit damage (40+)
IAS

Its always below 500m, but its the highest dps booster for wiz among all Nats ring, surpassing billions trifecta nats ring with average damage.
Reply Quote
Nasty,

What he's talking about is ShockNadoShards ... referring to Shocking Aspect, Chain Reaction, and Diamond Shards ... i may be incorrect, but i believe it gives the largest multiplier to your paper dps with one slot left open (most people usually fill it with teleport, magic weapon, or slow time) ... it really depends on personal preference for this and you will have to experiment with each one to figure out which one you prefer

Just for reference, my profile has the standard SNS build

and P.P.S. lol, i converted from monk over to wiz not too long ago as well, its addicting and hope you enjoy the class and community!
Reply Quote
@OP: Wow nice gear, at least in value, but here's a few tips from a guy who farms MP10 at the MF cap, WITH EASE! :)

- First off, don't touch your weapon, offhand, belt, pants, bracers, amulet, gloves or shoulders
- IMO the Zuni 3 peice is a MUST, even for a wizard. Might be slightly less dps but adds RIDICULUOUS AR. I get 260 AR from those 3 items, which averages to 85-90 AR per slot.. not bad eh? Also, Zuni boots provide some black damage, which may in fact be more DPS than the nat's combo you have.
- Litany is pretty good, but work towards a Hellfire for the XP bonus. If you want pure damage, high avg damage and crit damage typically add the most dps per gold spent.
- Crit Mempos are a waste of money. You heard it here first.. a good Storm Crow provides you some good black damage, extra APOC (which adds more damage the calculator doesn't factor in), and LOH. Remember, the faster you regen AP, the more damage you are doing
- Shocking aspect is for ubers/single targets, but useless on larger packs. Pinpoint is better for dps with 3+ targets.
- Teleport with fracture is a must when doing MP10 farming.. adds some extra tanks and gets you out of jails/walls/firechains/cave ins/etc. Stretch time or Magic weapon are OK if you aren't the only tank, or doing lower monster powers
- Blur works for ground effects, which is your #1 way you MIGHT die, take it over Evocation
- Also, if you haven't figured it out, holding down the left button ON a target while moving the cursor a bit is the best way to chain cast twisters. It'll save your from finger cramps :)
Reply Quote
@Fatamorgana

Yeah I definitely plan on looking for a new nats ring tonight man I'll see if one similar to yours will be within my budget, which right now doesn't look so bright lol I may have to go with one that just has cd and all res instead of the average damage.

@ChaoticF

Ah thanks man everyone has definitely been very helpful! I just wish I would have seeked helped before I bought all of my stuff lol but very nice wiz you have there man! I plan on playing around with mine some tonight I haven't really had a chance to I just got her power leveled last night and been shopping AH all weekend.
Reply Quote
@Lammy

Thanks for the tips man! I don't think I can switch to the Zuni 3pc set though I'd lose the 7% crit bonus and I think the Zuni boots damage % only effects black damage weapons it won't help since I have the Chanto set which is fire damage I think? I'd have to check I'm on my iPhone so it doesn't show me item stats. I have 20 APoC and already spent quite a bit on the Mempo to just swap to a stormcrow, plus it doesn't roll a socket does it? I plan on playing around with the skills a bit tonight though I just haven't really had a chance to. With the Zuni's is also be losing out on the ias on my chest too so I won't be at the 2.73 break point anymore.

Edit: Jk I see your stormcrow has a socket lol I don't want to lose out on the IAS and life % from my Mempo either though!
Edited by MrNastyTime#1577 on 3/11/2013 6:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Aimless
aim, while ur at it. which is better? 910ar/4300armor 840ar/4600

The first is 89.13% damage reduction

Second is 88.91%

does that little bit of damage reduction make that much of a difference?
Reply Quote
@Lammy

Thanks for the tips man! I don't think I can switch to the Zuni 3pc set though I'd lose the 7% crit bonus and I think the Zuni boots damage % only effects black damage weapons it won't help since I have the Chanto set which is fire damage I think? I'd have to check I'm on my iPhone so it doesn't show me item stats. I have 20 APoC and already spent quite a bit on the Mempo to just swap to a stormcrow, plus it doesn't roll a socket does it? I plan on playing around with the skills a bit tonight though I just haven't really had a chance to. With the Zuni's is also be losing out on the ias on my chest too so I won't be at the 2.73 break point anymore.

Edit: Jk I see your stormcrow has a socket lol I don't want to lose out on the IAS and life % from my Mempo either though!

The Mempo will get you a LOT of gold if you put it back up for sale. Just saying I've tried em both, and monsters life goes down faster and my life goes up faster with a Crow. 1500 LOH is easy mode farming.. 2 packs of elites at MP10 with 3 other players in town is not a problem for me.

The Nat combo with Tal chest is maybe more DPS, but you can always get IAS or crit on your Zuni Pox too. The black damage from Zuni Boots is nice. And FWIW, 100 int from the Zuni 2 peice is actually about the equivalent to 9IAS. The Nat Boots with such low int are also harmful to your dps. A net 200 int loss is about the same dps loss as 18IAS. Try it out, it's cheaper too!

The 2.73 breakpoint is nonsense. I am much lower than that and produce enough APOC to keep me topped even without an APOC chanto offhand. Diamondskin, teleport into a pack and fill the screen with 10 tornadoes and you are laughing!
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 06:25 PMPosted by MrNastyTime
Yeah I definitely plan on looking for a new nats ring tonight man I'll see if one similar to yours will be within my budget, which right now doesn't look so bright lol I may have to go with one that just has cd and all res instead of the average damage.

Nats ring with CD AR is usually more expensive, but if you're really into it, find one that come with INT also, and if budget allowed, 35%+ CD. You can see the real benefit of INT after 2500 int i think, when 1 point of INT gives around 100 dps.

Tips for cheaper way of gearing:

- Dont go 3.01 aspd breakpoints with socket chants wand
- As close as possible to 2.74 breakpoint (dont be at 2,81, or 2,91)
- Go with Storm Crow's way (disregard this one since u already using mempo)
- Nobody search/buy for ammy/ring that comes with crazy dps that only have 6ias, so its usually
much cheaper than one with 8-9 ias, even though sometimes it give more dps in the end (make sure u still hit 2.74 breakpoint though :D )
Reply Quote
@Lammy

I'm not worried about the DPS it's the aps that I didn't want to lose for the Zuni set.

@Fatamorgana

I think aimless said there's a 34% cd one on AH with AR I just gotta check the price when I get home. I definitely won't be hitting the 3.01 aps break point though I'm right at 2.74 but I also read someone saying its 2.73? So I'm not exactly sure but I'm right around there either way though. I won't be getting a new amulet though I like my cross =)

Thanks to everyone for the advice I really appreciate it! I can't wait to get home and play around with my wiz!

@Aimless

Hey man I'm running a little late at work I'm still stuck here for another hour or so -.- I just want you to know I'm not stiffing you on those gloves I will get them from you if you're on when I get home.
Reply Quote
Moral of the story is be patient with your purchases. Make sure you get the best deal. Dont just by stuff out. O_o
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 06:33 PMPosted by MrNastyTime
Thanks for the tips man! I don't think I can switch to the Zuni 3pc set though I'd lose the 7% crit bonus and I think the Zuni boots damage % only effects black damage weapons it won't help since I have the Chanto set which is fire damage I think?

the Zuni boots % affects the black dmg part of the weapon, Chants is not 100% fire.

Affects the 448-923 portion in your case.
Reply Quote
Zuni was my greatest way to achieve high DPS... until I discover Epic Host + ICs lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]