Diablo® III

Blew 3+ bil on my wiz...help?

03/12/2013 05:37 AMPosted by CrazyL3gs
Nice chars, do you dual wield a MC and Visa IRL?

100% AH farmer =)

You dont really need alot of skill to make gold flipping.
Alot of wizards fully geared hardly use cards.

True PvP and simple economics will weed out the weak.
Edited by Comrade#6924 on 3/12/2013 5:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You just need no life. haha seriously nothing worse to me than searching AH hours on end. PPl admit to me they play AH more than game even.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/12/2013 6:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 05:59 AMPosted by Aimless
You just need no life.

Thats only if you camp the 1day12hour slot haha.

I have a list of about 7-10 legs and Rare stat combinations i check, target buy go away do stuff, come back 3 out of 10 sold rinse and repeat two to three times a day.
Reply Quote
just save up and you can afford oe of your own. that sword is a dupe and there are like dozens available....

Haha I literally just looked at someone's profile with the exact same sword https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DethAxe-1328/hero/29463786

As for cost i've never put real money on my chars, I'll admit they arnt that great but I do have about 100 mil in the bank from sitting on the AH. My best buy was a decent CC AllRes Taskers for 200k =)
Reply Quote
@nasty

The 2.73 number I referenced from piehole and shandlar's guide, in actuality breakpoint is 2.7273 giving 36 whirlwind ticks...

I would like confirmation from some of the other knowledgeable wizards here though...
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 05:59 AMPosted by Aimless
You just need no life. haha seriously nothing worse to me than searching AH hours on end. PPl admit to me they play AH more than game even.

+1 I used to have to do this for days on end to find stuff for my monk -.-

To everyone else, yeah my sword is a duped one I just couldn't resist how sexy it was and it was such a big upgrade over the one I used to have.

@nasty

The 2.73 number I referenced from piehole and shandlar's guide, in actuality breakpoint is 2.7273 giving 36 whirlwind ticks...

I would like confirmation from some of the other knowledgeable wizards here though...

Thanks man yeah I've saw a few more post about it I'm at 2.76 so I may be able to afford to lose a point or 2 to find upgrades somewhere later on.
Reply Quote
Before you do that ... I little trick I do

I keep a spare 1.79 in my back pocket for things that wanna be stubborn like kulle, or skeleton king or even the act 2 key warden

The math is 1.68*1.79=3.0072 and gets you up to the next breakpoint, it brings my damage down by 30k so I don't use it all the time but is really helpful for a stubborn single

You can do that too at 68% IAS, just something to consider before changing any gear
Reply Quote
Nasty as you grow in paragon and life come natually you'll find BT cross is serious DPS killer. Here is one guy i was lucky enough to help built http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tyro-6149/hero/29761596 soon as he had decent paragons we dumped BT ammy for more dps one.

Another big DPS killer is your newly bought bracers. You can craft way way better in no time. I'd sink all DE in bracers. almost FREE!! lol

After that you will be mining/maxing with no huge gain.

Such as 180INT 180VIT AR BT pants. 6CC mempo, etc
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/12/2013 9:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@ChaoticF

What do you mean by a 1.79?

@Aimless

Yeah I was looking at amulets last night I found one that have me 14k DPS for a couple hundred mil but the loss of LOH scares me is the 400 from my pants enough to sustain?

The bracers were only 30m so I bought them for now as a temp until I can get some more essences to craft.
Reply Quote
Yeah Aim but Bracers are dirt cheap now so he can use them as placeholder until he crafts good pair. I'm using the same strategy, lol now non-Crafted bracers are basically free. And I have zero luck with bracers, don't know why :(
Reply Quote
@nasty

My bad, a 1.79 is a perfectly rolled chantodo's will with 10% IAS and +0.25 aps

An example would be comrade's wand a few posts up
Edited by ChaoticF#1947 on 3/12/2013 9:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 09:09 AMPosted by novice
Yeah Aim but Bracers are dirt cheap now so he can use them as placeholder until he crafts good pair. I'm using the same strategy, lol now non-Crafted bracers are basically free. And I have zero luck with bracers, don't know why :(

Ive been very lucky. Have at least 12 that add 7K dps over mine. But you know me... 600 armor or GTFO. I wont wear no 220 armor bracer even if it drops 4000 gold every 10 seconds.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/12/2013 9:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@nasty

Ah how much do those run generally for a 1.1k DPS one? I might have to hold off on that for a bit until I get all my other gears set after some fine tuning last night I hit 4000 armor, 180k DPS and 800 res with like 45k HP though thanks to all of you guys!

If I drop my amulet is the 400 LoH from the pants enough to sustain?
Edited by MrNastyTime#1577 on 3/12/2013 9:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No you still need more LoH, I think about 800. Point is your Amulet is a DPS killer, so when you have enough HP with Paragon, use another one with higher CD, and probably Intel/damage mode to boost your DPS. Still need LoH on it though.
Reply Quote
@nasty

Ah how much do those run generally for a 1.1k DPS one? I might have to hold off on that for a bit until I get all my other gears set after some fine tuning last night I hit 4000 armor, 180k DPS and 800 res with like 45k HP though thanks to all of you guys!

His is in the top 1% and is pretty dang expensive, the one I told you about that I have is like 1093 DMG and I got it for 100m a week ago ... I think I overpaid a little for it and you could prolly get one for around 90m, not sure how much prices have changed though

What novice said above with the loh, I feel I don't have enough at 932 but my mitigation isn't as good as others
Edited by ChaoticF#1947 on 3/12/2013 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ah crap I think I'll just have to stick with my cross for now maybe I can reach 200k DPS with it =p I know it's probably not likely though lol I'm broke now anyways.
Reply Quote
@dajusta

I usually have on evocation I was just trying out blur last night in group play we were doing mp10 skorpion runs for xp I didn't noticed a huge difference with the cools own though.

Another quick question, with the APoC bug fix can someone tell me if I'm going to be doing alright with 20 APoC at 54% crit chance and stay at the 2.73 APS breakpoint? Or am I going to have to make some more changes?
Reply Quote
At least you're asking for help now... but yeah... could have saved a couple bil.
Reply Quote
@nasty

You know, you could always just try equipping a DPS ammy (one that doesn't cost a fortune) and see how you handle not having that extra LoH ... :P

ps. Popular topic!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]