Diablo® III

D3 Atmosphere

stinx
Edited by IllIllllIllI#1363 on 3/12/2013 6:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
31 Human Rogue
It's definitely not like the first two, I agree. Pity.
Reply Quote
It's not all bad...
Reply Quote
As a Diablo player since it first came out, D1 had the darkest and a more terrifying, and violent atmosphere, D2 wasn't as dark and not as gore-heavy as D1 but it still had a grim and sinister feel to it from its predecessor.

I feel that in D3, the combination of the artwork, cartoonish graphics, lack of music similar to D1/D2, and a weak executed storyline with dull dialogue completely ruined the entire atmosphere for me.

O' Blizzard North, how I miss you!
Edited by Treantwuver#1313 on 4/5/2013 11:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
As a Diablo player since it first came out, D1 had the darkest and a more terrifying, and violent atmosphere, D2 wasn't as dark and not as gore-heavy as D1 but it still had a grim and sinister feel to it from its predecessor.

I feel that in D3, the combination of the artwork, cartoonish graphics, lack of music similar to D1/D2, and a weak executed storyline with dull dialogue completely ruined the entire atmosphere for me.

O' Blizzard North, how I miss you!

This. And matt ulman. They took from Diablo everything that made it so awesome.
Reply Quote
04/05/2013 11:44 PMPosted by MustaKrakish
This. And matt ulman. They took from Diablo everything that made it so awesome.

You should check out the soundtrack for TL2 by Matt from Runic (former Blizzard North), the music is really similar to D1 and D2, its just so fitting and satisfying. And what do we have in D3? We got epic choirs with a heavy orchestra and while thats okay, ultimately, what makes the music fitting for a Diablo game is that it doesn't need all that. Simple, yet very effective and it does what it does, help improve that atmosphere while having that grim feel to it.

Anyhow, back onto topic.
Edited by Treantwuver#1313 on 4/5/2013 11:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The thing is, after you finished D1 and started playing D2 it instantly felt like home. The music, the darkness, the dark and brutal cinematic, even the red pentagrams in the main menu. And even though they removed the upside down crosses it still felt like a true and worthy sequel to the story. D3 feels like a Disney adaptation, it has blood and zombies and corpses, but everything is so huge and goofy.
Reply Quote
You know, I think the physics of this game make it seem goofy and ridiculous because I just find it laughable when I see corpses fly 20-feet in the air, wrack themselves against a banister and sliding down the stairs. Aside from speaking without any nostalgia right now, its pretty obvious that D2 felt like a Diablo game almost instanteously, and a worthy sequel indeed of its predecessor. I'm still upset I can't say the same for D3.
Edited by Treantwuver#1313 on 4/6/2013 1:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 07:48 PMPosted by IllIllllIllI
stinx

that's cuz ghom farted everywhere. OBVIOUSLY!!!
Reply Quote
Probably going to get flak for this, but I rather enjoy Diablo 3s atmosphere. Sure, it's not dark and gritty like Diablo 1, but its own uniqness about it
Reply Quote
View profile
04/05/2013 11:55 PMPosted by Exemplar
Runic (former Blizzard North)

i cant believe this .....

like, 10% of the team is blizz north. just because a couple blizz north team guys + a lot of other people made runic doesnt mean it was all blizzard north.
Reply Quote
Blizzards 3D adaptations all have a similar feel. Starcraft, Warcraft, and Diablo all have varying degrees of "cartoonish". It's really not cartoonish in Diablo or Starcraft, it's just not exactly what you wanted so you decide to call it the least attractive adjective possible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]