Diablo® III

Can't connect to battlenet on a certain wi-fi

Hi,

First of all, I am in no way a cheater in any way and just want to be able to play a game I like without any hassle (and no bad intentions) wherever and whenever I want to. I don't want to know how to bypass Blizzard security or anything like that, I just wanna be able to play D3 on my laptop whenever I have a wi-fi connection available.

I can't connect to battlenet on a specific wi-fi connection. At home, everything works but at work, I can't log in. Is there a safe and secure way (free or not) for the game to be accessible at work without being banned?

Thanks for your help guys (blue ones welcomed!)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Kragoth,

You'll have to ask your network admins if they're allowing the ports the game needs for your network connection.

Your firewall and/or router will need to allow unrestricted communications on TCP ports 80, 1119, and 6881 - 6999
Reply Quote
What kind of job is it, because good luck requesting port openings for a game.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
It is hard to tell from your post which issue you have. The port issue has already been addressed, but if you are getting a security lockout "this account has been locked due to suspicious activity" then that is another matter. Please note that the location based security lock is NOT a ban!

For that, there is not a lot you can do because it is an automated login detection system that looks at IP address among other things. All you can do is perform the password reset and hope it learns your patterns.

To make the security lock easier to deal with you have two options:

1. Get an Authenticator. It really reduces the sensitivity of the IP lockout.
2. Get SMS Protect - this is a text messaging service that makes it easy to unlock your account with a code instead of having to do the password reset.

Hopefully between the above posts and this one we have address all your concerns :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]