Diablo® III

Mac OS X 10.8.3 Update released.

MVP - Technical Support
View profile
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1640

Apple fails to mention in change notes that it also contains updated nvidia and ati drivers that resolve performance issues for some GPUs.

This update should also fix the stuttering audio of some imacs (apple does mention this one in notes)
Reply Quote
Awesome, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks @MysticalOS
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Good advice. Let us know if issues persist when updating. A new thread itself would be the best way of doing this.
Reply Quote
Happy to report there is noticeable improvements already.

I'll give a more sophisticated response with more playtime.
Reply Quote
Can anyone comment if this fixes the slideshow framerate after waking from sleep? Do we still have to go through the hassle of changing resolution?
Reply Quote
This update was for SMC issues. So if you ever noticed a change with this reset, that change should be more permanent now.

The game runs 'smoother' for me. The low FPS still persists and halts to ~2/3 frames when a wizard casts some spells, or when I whirlwind through crates on the ground (two simple examples). I really think I'm going to have to do a screen capture if this isn't replicated ever.

Just for informational purposes, will a CUDA driver update improve performance for D3? I know Apple performs updates to performance but I'm curious if Nvidia can boost anything as well. Thanks.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Because the links (both) are not yet in the OP, here are the two links:

10.8.3 Delta Updater: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1641

10.8.3 Combo Updater: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1640

It is highly recommended that you use the Combo Updater and not Software Update. This is to ensure that all of your installed components are updated properly, which often fails to happen when using the Delta Updater or Software Update. Software Update only updates files for which it can find install receipts for, while the Combo updater installs all updates regardless of receipts.

Omegal, I'd put in the OP that it is not recommended to use Software Update for this, just because. :)

Edited by TheTias#1192 on 3/14/2013 9:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/14/2013 04:17 PMPosted by krustyfur
Can anyone comment if this fixes the slideshow framerate after waking from sleep? Do we still have to go through the hassle of changing resolution?

Oh.

My.

FSM.

They appeared to have actually fixed this problem. Finally. I just updated to 10.8.3, put the computer to sleep, woke it up and fired up D3 and didn't need to do the resolution shuffle. No slide show.

*golf clap*
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
03/14/2013 09:29 PMPosted by TheTias
Because the links (both) are not yet in the OP

i actually excluded delta on purpose. I never recommend delta OR software update. I've seen even delta's botch driver updates or cause other problems. Combo updaters are just the most sure thing to get a clean install that isn't missing files. Especially when dealing with other peoples computers. If someone ran software update from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 they might be missing some stuff, and a delta from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 won't fix it, but a combo will.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
03/15/2013 12:45 PMPosted by MysticalOS
i actually excluded delta on purpose. I never recommend delta OR software update. I've seen even delta's botch driver updates or cause other problems. Combo updaters are just the most sure thing to get a clean install that isn't missing files. Especially when dealing with other peoples computers. If someone ran software update from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 they might be missing some stuff, and a delta from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 won't fix it, but a combo will.

Gotcha. I was being thorough, but you are right - sometimes one can be too thorough, and this is one of those cases. Thanks for reminding me of that. :)

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]