Diablo® III

Why cant i craft a trifecta? aka the Cry Club

View profile

lol i think aph better socket instead of low LOH and higher avg dam..but still I hate you too.

I beat by 420 dps with the 58 gem ;)

man the gfg ammys are fricken sweet

so far ive only gotten bifectas for my monk, still waitin on that op roll tho
Reply Quote
Joining the cry club.
700+ ammy's, 1 barely useable trifecta (6aps).
200+ shoulders, nothing with 200+int/str/allres.
400+ hellfires, not one single trifecta, not one single bifecta with aps + crit chance.

Looking on the AH instead...
Reply Quote
I got gloves and shoulders I'm using but nothing else. I craft as soon as I have enough materials.
Reply Quote
View profile
I haven't crafted enough ammys to cry about this particular aspect of d3 yet. But when I do...QQ incoming...actually I can't complain since I got a cc/cd/ave dmg from monsters that out DPSs my trifecta...oh but its bad for cm...QQ
Reply Quote
ChantBooster - does the CC/CD/Avg Dmg one have STR on it by chance? Either way I may be interested (for my barb or monk). Will add ya in-game after work :P
Reply Quote
View profile
Pretty sure it has dex but not str. Cant remember atm. It def has int but its my highest dps ammy so I am currently using it for archon runs. So, not really in a hurry to part with it but I'll link to you and you're more than welcome to shoot me an offer on it. :)
Reply Quote
View profile
Lol Carnac i was about to say the same thing.

Chang, if Carnac ends up not wanting that bifecta ammy you were referring to keep me in mind xD!

dinging 60th on my wd sometime within the next week or two depending on how much i get to play with this new job and could use a few nice pieces that i dont already have from wizzy crafting (ammy included)
Reply Quote
View profile
Oh and more on topic...
i i;ve crafted about 75 ammies and nothing has even come within 7k of my current ammy. Im really hoping for one with 10CC 85+CD Vit, Intell.

If i get one with that anything else is just a bonus. IAS, % life, AR, Armor would all be nice...
Reply Quote
just got a bifecta with /72% cd/8.5% cc/97 vit/674 loh/216 int/28 ar

good enough for me, even though its a 10k dps loss from my previous bifecta
Reply Quote
View profile
Carnac, UPDATE, I did some more remembering and I know it can't have str or dex. The ave dmg is really high (it must be a double roll), 7.5CC, 72CD, beast armor (like 340), 100+ int...that's 6 right there. Sry...
Reply Quote
I've crafted every single DE i've found into bracers / gloves / amulets for my wizard. Last night i was doing a batch of 50 amulets which put me at i think around 600 crafted amulets and i got my first trifecta (equiped in my profile).

Like my gloves it's not an earth shattering gg trifecta, but i think just barely playable for CM (altho now i have to figure out how to get my LoH backup).

It makes me pretty angry when people post their gg crafts that they got in FIRST TRY ZOMG etc.

But I think Blizz did a great thing with these BoA items. They make it fun to farm always hunting for 1 more DE. And if we could see the numbers I'll bet they are doing a better than anticipated job of sinking gold out of the economy. I know I personally have spent at least 100 - 200 mill crafting so far.
Reply Quote
211 int
socket
9 ias
7.5 cc
76% chd
6984 health globe bonus

About 400 ammy crafts as well, and that's the only trifecta I rolled. I have this Mara's now, though, and I'm loving my current spec, so I don't plan on doing any more amulets until I get some baller gloves and maybe a chest piece (part of a longer term gearing strategy).
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 11:37 AMPosted by TekkZero
The trick is not to craft all the time. The RNG doesn't appear to be all that random. Normally I'll craft a few at a time to test the waters and see if there are any trends on the affixes. If not, I wait awhile before crafting more. Whenever I see cc, ias, or cd, as a common theme amongst the first 3-5 amulets, I craft another 10-20. Perhaps that might help you guys! :)

This has been my method from the start and it is working for me :)
Reply Quote
Probably so far in the 50-100 gloves, 50ish amulet, and 100 bracers range so far, and a few decent ones

Gloves 227int/42vit - 7/9/30
Ammy 25-59dmg/201int/9/93/socket
Bracers 265int/52vit - 73ar/ 5.5

So, it is possible.. keep trying!

It's a lot better than rings I'd say.
Reply Quote
Joining the cry club.
700+ ammy's, 1 barely useable trifecta (6aps).
200+ shoulders, nothing with 200+int/str/allres.
400+ hellfires, not one single trifecta, not one single bifecta with aps + crit chance.

Looking on the AH instead...

That's why I think they managed to screw up their own solution to the problem they are trying to fix. The average player is never going to play enough, have the patience to do all that and want to do double or triple that when you can't get at least a couple of upgrades along the way. But props to those crafting hundreds and hundreds of times!

As much as we dislike the problems the AH brought, getting gloves like the ones I'm wearing for 5M two weeks ago makes the whole crafting route seem crazy.
Edited by QIpcquebec#1560 on 3/15/2013 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 11:11 AMPosted by Aimless
I'm enjoying crafting...didnt think i would cos I dislike gambling unless a sure thing. Okay so 400 ammies in now and no trifecta, 4 Difectas. Anyone else?

Looks like you have way more tries ahead :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArooAQ_ASbpjdHRpWnowSTNNcm41ZFVsS09ZUkpwc2c&output=html

I crafted like 300 or so, one nice duofecta (9.5cc, 100cd) rest trash

Heads up, you might still get lucky on next 100 :)
Reply Quote
I think there's a veeery simple fix to this :P Make the odds of getting something higher with each craft. Not a huge percentage of course but make it noticeable after hundreds of crafts (less for hellfires) - that'd go a loooong way towards making the game more playable. Less gold sink and more 'time sink' :P Which should come out to be more gold sink too...
Reply Quote
For my HC wiz:

+79 Strength
+86 Dexterity
+224 Intelligence
+54 Physical Resistance
Attack Speed Increased by 9%
Critical Hit Damage Increased by 57%
Critical Hit Chance Increased by 6.0%

I can't use it, because I really need the 76 AR and 870 LoH on my current amulet. I doubt that I'll ever get trifecta + AR + LoH, but I keep trying.
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Sedi
gloves... I think I used up all my good luck juju already. Can't complain.

Same here with ammy (56 tries).

Edit: 450+ Gloves and nothing...
Edited by Firewalker#1692 on 3/15/2013 7:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
100 more DE's down the drain today.... ill be back tomorrow... gonna take me a long time to burn though 856m blizz just give it to me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]