Diablo® III

Cursor disappearing in boss fights

90 Undead Warlock
I'm assuming you all want to play full screen, but for me, I've always played D3 (or any Blizzard game) in a window for two reasons.

1) Blizzard games from my experience just play a lot better in a window, rather than full screen. Didn't even try D3 full screen, but I know this is true for D2, WC3, and WoW.

2) I'm a multitasker and always watching my Twitter, IM clients, and sometimes switch to a browser to do a quick search (only when I'm in town).

I'm suggesting playing in a window due to I've yet to have a cursor disappearing problem. Could also try playing in a window with the game taking up majority of your screen, so it's somewhat full screen.

Oh and I highly doubt that the physical mouse hardware that you have will have any impact on if the mouse disappears or not. Saw some mention the brand mouse they used. It's a software issue, in this case being a D3 coding bug, that is the problem. Not the actual mouse.
Edited by Cruciarius#1418 on 5/5/2013 6:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just got this one directly after the cutscene in act 3 where I fight Ghom.

http://pastebin.com/jJb05FQm
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the confirmation guys. We're working to resolve this. I'll try to get some more infoz about this.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Looks like we finally got this reproduced! Here are the details on how we manage to get this reproduced.

[Mac] In windowed fullscreen mode, the mouse cursor can disappear after a cutscene

Sound accurate?

It's happening in fullscreen mode too Machkhan. I've had it happen on several boss fights, including Butcher, Azmodan, Ghom, Belial (it's REALLY deadly on Belial).

This is pretty game breaking, especially for melee which requires pinpoint targeting, to say nothing of taking two minutes to pick up loot from a boss kill since you have to "tag" the items blindly.

So I'm afraid it isn't limited to windowed (fullscreen) mode.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
Bump to this issue is still happening to me daily. It's occurred since launch and continues to be a problem. I have never felt comfortable playing HC multiplayer bosses as the cursor might disappear and the only way to fix it is to jump into window mode and back to full screen.

http://pastebin.com/7AFVKwPz

I play Fullscreen on
OS X 10.7.5
2.5GHz Core i5
8GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB
Reply Quote
Use command+tab to switch to the finder, then with your mouse click on the dock icon for D3. Cursor should become visible again.

Now if we could only get the latency fixed to pre-1.08 gameplay, I'd still play this buggy !@# game.
Reply Quote
I still can not play the game at all. I turn it on the cursor just isnt there
Reply Quote
http://pastebin.com/KcPnPwy0

Os X 10.8.5
Intel HD 4000

Seems to happen during cutscenes the mouse disappears and doesnt come back.

12/11/2013 04:47 PMPosted by LiTieKuai
Use command+tab to switch to the finder, then with your mouse click on the dock icon for D3. Cursor should become visible again.

Now if we could only get the latency fixed to pre-1.08 gameplay, I'd still play this buggy !@# game.

This worked for me a couple times but doesn't normally fix it have to restart game.
Edited by fEcAlMaTteR#1915 on 12/21/2013 10:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Are they ever going to fix this issue or just pretend to care? this has been an issue for a long while with no action to fix?
Try playing HARDCORE Ubers with no cursor. It is outrageous and sad how slow response to such problem.

please fix this. before loot 2.0 for the love of Bul-Kathos!
Reply Quote
Can you replicate the issue with the Loot 2.0 PTR client? If yes I would stress this even more as this is probably your best chance to get it fixed before EXP 2 is due..
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
I haven't been seeing this problem crop up yet on the RoS beta client (the PTR uses the same client, thus the same code). I'll be keeping an eye out for it though.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
I've never seen this problem in 1.0 either, ever, so it makes me puzzled what I must do differently to avoid the issue. I don't disbelieve it's an issue, it's obviously affecting many, but why not me? Puzzling.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
12/27/2013 01:49 AMPosted by MysticalOS
I've never seen this problem in 1.0 either, ever, so it makes me puzzled what I must do differently to avoid the issue. I don't disbelieve it's an issue, it's obviously affecting many, but why not me? Puzzling.

It's random. And it's cross platform in nature, which means it's in the base code for the game. I have a feeling that it's still happening because it is so random that the devs haven't pinned down the cause yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]