Diablo® III

[Guide] MP10 20mil CM Debunking 2.73+ AS Myth

03/18/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Ziss
My ping is pretty good 40-60, never an issue for me since I live in California. Didn't think lower AS would be an issue for guys with higher ping. Interesting.
Unfortunately, latency is strongly correlated with DPS output, and presumably freezing power too. Here's a graph I put together awhile ago from sampling a bunch of players from this forum: http://imageshack.us/f/441/paperdpsvslatency.jpg . In that graph, we plotted a player's latency and his wizard's DPS multiplier on a Ghom fight (ie how much more effective DPS each wizard does above it's paper dps). Here's the thread if you want to read more: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592242657 .
Reply Quote
View profile
03/18/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Ziss
My ping is pretty good 40-60, never an issue for me since I live in California. Didn't think lower AS would be an issue for guys with higher ping. Interesting.

pay more attn to forums, lower ping means way different performance for sns build

try running ur 2.31 setup with some downloads/torrents/streaming running so that ur ping is around 90-150ms (this seems to be modal range for most players)
Reply Quote
That seems way too exaggerated, I built some 500-800 mil sets on EU server for my viewers before and when I was testing out the sets they ran pretty much as good as the US counter parts.

I have around 150-250 ping on EU, if I can play fine on EU I find it hard to believe that people struggle on their home server.

Perhaps they need to upgrade their dial ups, and I refuse to build bad sets just for that :)
Edited by Ziss#1459 on 3/18/2013 12:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
ppl in certain parts of europe on europe server have pings as good as ppl in cali on us server
many east coast players are in the 90-150ms ping range
RobertVarga is a sns wiz who regularly posts and hes usually over 200ms playin from europe on the us server
Reply Quote
I think you didn't read it correctly, I was the one playing on EU server testing the sets out for quality assurance before I hand them to the viewer that ordered them.

And when I test them on EU server I run 150-250 ping still demolishing mp10.
Reply Quote
View profile
I think you didn't read it correctly, I was the one playing on EU server testing the sets out for quality assurance before I hand them to the viewer that ordered them.

And when I test them on EU server I run 150-250 ping still demolishing mp10.

even during the last few weeks? ive noticed that my ping is now 110 and over nowadays no matter what since mid-to late february
Reply Quote
Not sure what to tell you, btw all the performance I mention are of me streaming.

When I'm not streaming it's even easier, the game runs so smooth with stream off lol...
Reply Quote
Hm.

Why build a gimpy, completely sub-optimal CM set for 2.31 when there is so much good, cheap gear that 2.73 with solid mitigation is trivial to hit nowadays?
Reply Quote
View profile
Novice or Picha you guys ever try running this 2.31? I guess it is the middle of the night over there on that side of the globe...the prolly snoozing.

Even so, why would you want to lose all those SA procs, CM procs, LoH procs? To each their own I suppose.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Ziss
That seems way too exaggerated, I built some 500-800 mil sets on EU server for my viewers before and when I was testing out the sets they ran pretty much as good as the US counter parts.

Sigh.

We tested it. Extensively. It is a very strong and undeniable effect.

What, exactly, are you trying to achieve here? There are already really good guides on how to build solid CM sets on here.
Reply Quote
Seriously.....I'm calling BS on all this talk of "farming" MP10 with 10-20M in gear.

• I just lost about 1 min and 10 sec of my life watching you take down an elite group in MP10 in your video (faster than I was expecting, honestly. But also just a single example). I've watched paint dry faster.
  • AND....you didn't even kill any of the white mobs? You just dropped a few fireballs on them and walked through. That's like, where half of your Legendaries drop from!! And I'm not much of an elitist with my build and gear...but that's awful.
  • AND, you almost died walking through an arcane beam! Not much room for error.
  • Why would you farm MP5 or 6? Cause you could do it about 2-3 times faster, and mathematically (based on MF%) come out WELL ahead.

Call this the:
    20M MP10 Skip Whites and Fall asleep build (and into a coma if you find an "Extra Health" affix)....and I'll be OK with it.

But hey, if people want to farm MP10 for minimal MF gains at a snails pace, have at it.
    Edited by PieHole#1628 on 3/18/2013 1:14 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Hm.

Why build a gimpy, completely sub-optimal CM set for 2.31 when there is so much good, cheap gear that 2.73 with solid mitigation is trivial to hit nowadays?

Maybe you should look at the set in action (link in original post) before jumping to conclusion.

As a matter of fact, why build a gimpy completely sub-optimal fake character sheet dps set like yours when I can out farm and out perform your setup for 800mil?

Not everyone buy billion+ gold so maybe you should actually build a 2.73 sets with solid mitigation on a tight budget before calling it 'trivial to hit'?

Let me know if you need more gear advices.
    Reply Quote
    I'm enjoying my post-lunch popcorn!

http://i.imgur.com/tiIk5wb.gif
    Reply Quote
    Seriously.....I'm calling BS on all this talk of "farming" MP10 with 10-20M in gear.

• I just lost about 1 min and 10 sec of my life watching you take down an elite group in MP10 in your video (faster than I was expecting, honestly. But also just a single example). I've watched paint dry faster.
  • AND....you didn't even kill any of the white mobs? You just dropped a few fireballs on them and walked through. That's like, where half of your Legendaries drop from!! And I'm not much of an elitist with my build and gear...but that's awful.
  • AND, you almost died walking through an arcane beam! Not much room for error.
  • Why would you farm MP5 or 6? Cause you could do it about 2-3 times faster, and mathematically (based on MF%) come out WELL ahead.

Call this the:
    20M MP10 Skip Whites and Fall asleep build (and into a coma if you find an "Extha Health" affix)....and I'll be OK with it.

But hey, if people want to farm MP10 for minimal MF gains at a snails pace, have at it.

Do you have eye sight problems? All the trash mobs were dead by the time the pack died, I didn't stop to kill them because I rather kill them together with the next group of trash mobs to save time.

Did you know mobs follow you?

Please double check your own understand of the class before misleading more people cause I really hate gear checking these poor viewers that build their set off your guide then having to tell them they got it all wrong because of some self assuming random that think they know the class before even farming to paragon 100.

Also I'm not gonna get in to an argument over proven fact that MP10 is by far the best place to farm legendaries, you wouldn't know tho with your fake character sheet dps of barely over 100k... SIGH
    Edited by Ziss#1459 on 3/18/2013 1:17 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    I'm enjoying my post-lunch popcorn!

http://i.imgur.com/tiIk5wb.gif

This is the reason I don't participate on Wizard forums lol, I'm going out for an hour tho you're gonna run out of popcorn.
    Reply Quote
    Maybe you should look at the set in action (link in original post) before jumping to conclusion.

As a matter of fact, why build a gimpy completely sub-optimal fake character sheet dps set like yours when I can out farm and out perform your setup for 800mil?

Not everyone buy billion+ gold so maybe you should actually build a 2.73 sets with solid mitigation on a tight budget before calling it 'trivial to hit'?

Let me know if you need more gear advices.

Pretty sure there's one of us here is a credit card warrior and considering my RMAH tab is completely empty, it ain't me.

In any event, no serious person calls 5200 Armor/750 AR/43K HP and 200+ DPS "sub-optimal fake character sheet DPS".
    Reply Quote
    Aimless already made a 2.51 set that did MP10 for 10m. Very surprised @ his results, but same issues as your 20m sets, it just takes too long to do MP10 effectively.

@ OP

Your defensive stats are great and are needed to handle mp10 decently, but the freeze strength against range units like succubus and shaman will give you massive headaches and probably LOTS of deaths. Esp if it takes you 60-90seconds to kill a pack...

Your stressing high CC% to offset lower APS break point, but 45% is barely usable @ any breakpoint let alone 2.31.

Maybe its cause your on EU ? prices are different? I don't know.

I build a lot of sets but given the prices on US server nowadays, 10m can build a pretty comfortable set @ 2.51 + 50-60k dps.
    Reply Quote
    Boozer, his APS on his main toon is 2.21!
    Reply Quote
    03/18/2013 01:14 PMPosted by Ziss
    they got it all wrong because of some self assuming random that think they know the class before even farming to paragon 100.

[cough] botter [cough]
    Reply Quote
    Hiya Ziss,

Watch your stream all the time, but never get into the grand buffet! LOL!

Interesting to see you post here.

These guys are tough critics and you are going to have to bring some math or uber vids to these battles or prepared to be ignored lol.

Good luck Ziss...and keep up the great stream!
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]