Diablo® III

[Guide] MP10 20mil CM Debunking 2.73+ AS Myth

As I said you can go all the way down to 2.10 aps. Build is still /functional/. But you like it or not is an entirely different matter.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 05:59 PMPosted by novice
Build is still /functional/. But you like it or not is an entirely different matter.

I found it functional until no mobs were around and there was one yellow. That's where it started to unravel. If I'm playing this build, which is moonlighting for me, there is no point in going under 2.73 (for me).

Chacun à son goût.
Reply Quote
View profile
Why not have it all ?

^>^

1) strong freeze
2) high dps
3) high ehp
4) cheap price

We can only have 3 out of 4.

Ziss is advocating 2, 3 and 4.
Most of us have been advocating 1, 2 and 3.

Was I able to TLDR that accurately?

Btw, thanks for stoppping by (and challenging our notions), Ziss.
Reply Quote
Why not have it all ?

^>^

1) strong freeze
2) high dps
3) high ehp
4) cheap price

We can only have 3 out of 4.

Ziss is advocating 2, 3 and 4.
Most of us have been advocating 1, 2 and 3.

Was I able to TLDR that accurately?

This is pretty much what ziss is saying. Yeah, you guys aren't wrong by saying high APS is really good. But we are talking about budget sets here. Try getting some decent stats on a 20mil budget with a 2.7+ breakpoint.

Gotta keep in mind that this is not a Infinite Gold CM Wiz Guide.
Reply Quote
cool guide
Reply Quote
Imo, it's not even high DPS to start with. I prefer Aimless 10M set more. All Ziss did is proving low aps works, he missed high DPS and strong freeze, considering budget 20M.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/18/2013 05:05 PMPosted by Aimless
Check me out guys the "zeiss" spec

OMG Aimless wearing Inna Pants!? lol. :-)

03/18/2013 06:39 PMPosted by EmperorMao
And failing. Don't forget failing.

If Ziss' real purpose of stopping by here is to stir up the locals and get more attention for his stream, I'd say it was pretty successful. hehe
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 06:43 PMPosted by novice
Imo, it's not even high DPS to start with. I prefer Aimless 10M set more. All Ziss did is proving low aps works, he missed high DPS and strong freeze, considering budget 20M.

^This,

Aimless' 10m set is as good as it gets for 10m without sacrificing too much and is a great compromise for 10m.

I wouldn't tackle mp10 with it though, but applaud the efforts.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 06:43 PMPosted by DomonKassui
I'd say it was pretty successful. hehe

It's on the front page [popular topics] along with "I'm going to blame new patch for our mess." :D
Reply Quote
Sodium level has been constantly high lately.

Like.
Reply Quote
As a new wizard with a budget set, your goals are to either level or farm to upgrade gear. The fastest and most efficient way to farm legendaries and paragon level is to kill white mobs in keeps 2 and skip the elites at mp10. This budget build does just that.

And you're wrong! to anyone who says its better to level or farm elsewhere on a lower mp as a cm. If your budget is 20 mil, this build will do fine. If your budge is 50 mil, go up to 2.51.

You want to farm mp5 with a cm, thats entirely up to you. Why though?

And at a 10 or 20 million budget set, noone expects you to solo ubers. Sure, if you farm the AH for a week, you have a shot at it, but how many new players looking at budget sets will know what to look for?
Reply Quote
since watching Ziss and using the CM build the way he see's it i am now farming MP10 and getting more legs than i have ever gotten. i cant do ubers but i blame my 90 hours of wizard play. i never expected MP10 at my level of skill and its only going to get easier :D

Thanks Zisss :)
Reply Quote
I want to thank Zisss also. I really didn't want to CM wizard cause I didn't think i would enjoy it but without good gear it is impossible to play the MP (highs) without the freezing. After watching his stream for a week and watching Milkey buy a 20 mil set I put my WD stuff and some good finds on AH for a 3 days and I have been able to farm MP7 easily and also dual box MP5 with some small difficulty. I really havent tried to do MP 10 because I am learning and I didnt want the frustration. But as I learn more I will try. But that was only possible with him sharing his knowledge with the community.
For that I am very thankful
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 06:20 PMPosted by jenpeezey
Build is still /functional/. But you like it or not is an entirely different matter.

I found it functional until no mobs were around and there was one yellow. That's where it started to unravel. If I'm playing this build, which is moonlighting for me, there is no point in going under 2.73 (for me).

Chacun à son goût.

The problem regarding locking down single targets can be alleviated by switching to 3 piece apoc when you encounter single target situations.
With 3 piece apoc and 2.51, i have no issues stunlocking single target rares...

03/18/2013 06:39 PMPosted by EmperorMao

And failing. Don't forget failing.

Funny story - On a Wizard stream I frequent, there have been multiple requests for set builds from people who were already using a set built by Ziss because it made it difficult to lock down single targets and made their runs very slow and unrewarding.

Thats cool, so why don't you tell us how many viewers your stream has? All I know is that the popular wizard streamers (archon, ziss, todd etc) almost never go for 2.74 ias breakpoints for <500M budgets.

The truth is 2.74 is only really useful for ubers and in fact, I've seen people go for 2.57 aps just so they can hit 2.74 with stretch time for uber fights. 2.51 is obviously the ideal amount for farming but with a budget of 20M, 2.31 is adequate enough.
Reply Quote
For players in AUS and Asia playing on US servers our latency rarely dips below 250ms!
So for effective single target freezing ie Ubers, I found that I have to stack as much APS as possible for effective freezing. That being said from my experience 2.74 should be sufficient for that.

For MP 10 farming with lots of monstes, much lower APS in favor of CD/AR would be great since there's so many monsters to proc APOC and cooldowns.

But I usually farm mp2 using Spectral Blade and Arcane Orb as it's easier on my fingers and keyboard!

Zisss stream is entertaining and he gives back to the community.
Why everyone always so negative on forums???
Reply Quote
This guide worth every minute to watch, If you are blind and can't see the video of gear in action then why even come here. This guide is outstanding!
Reply Quote
Ziss' guide is good, but I think it's just about the attitude really, there is nothing wrong with the content. For budget build, if you want high DPS you can go all the way down to 2.10 imo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]