Diablo® III

[Guide] MP10 20mil CM Debunking 2.73+ AS Myth

upset that i can do what you do only having spent less on gear?
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 10:42 AMPosted by EmperorMao
Lol Archon.

This isn't about archon.

If you want to address archon issues, blame Blizzard for making it duration-on-kill. We can start another discussion thread about it.
Reply Quote
You can do an Archon hybrid with an apoc off hand and wicked wind. Takes like 3-5 seconds for archon to come back.
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 10:52 AMPosted by EmperorMao
It's about Archon when he walks into a SNS discussion with "my archon build would you cry."

That was from left field. Just ignore it.

That archon build is not sick enough to make this forum cry. Most of us have seen the now-defunct Audi's gear, Frostburn's, etc. I think Frostburn quit or something.
Reply Quote
I remember Audi, he owes me a nice lobster dinner in Cali.
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Junger
I remember Audi, he owes me a nice lobster dinner in Cali.

Well, the organizational aspect of that was lacking, so it fell apart, but Blizzcon in Irvine would be a good occasion for forumers to meet up after hours.
Reply Quote
Man I've been waiting for this thread for so long. The wizard forum hates new names that challenge their standards.
Reply Quote
Here is the question ! Can you build a set for 20 million or less that can farm mp 10. If you can what would the stats be as far as aps and mitigation. If you can and the attack speed is 2.71 ok lets see it. We will see if Zisss can build one with his specs for that same price and compare their effectiveness.
All this other flame stuff is fluff. Either you can or you can't. Let's see!!! Take into consideration ease of aquisition of gear, cost and effectiveness of the freeze. Do you have to have 2.73 or can you do it with the lower speeds?

PS If you can start your own stream, you would do well. (unless you are a jerk and nobody would want to listen to you)
Edited by Koen#1837 on 3/19/2013 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Here's my last foray into this thread...then I'm done. I hate bumping it as it is. I'll even make this a constructive post, and end the hate.

Alot of this depends on what your definition of "farm" is. It it takes over a minute to kill an elite pack....it's not farming for me. It's a coma. Can you survive and kill enemies with 20M at 2.31AS....sure. With Ziss's gear and build sets. Sure. But its not "efficient". You're going to die, probably quite a bit, and get tired of it....and not freezing well enough. But if you're really good micro'ing situations, and be patient, you can start to learn to avoid some deaths...and it will work.

What MP to farm partly depends on what you find enjoyable and how much you involve the math!

Sure, you get a 250% bonus to MP at MP10, which is the largest bonus that you can get. Many people therefore assume that its the best place to farm. Untrue.

Ex1 - Say you have 75% MF gear/paragon, 75% from your stacks, and 250% from MP10...that makes 400% total. Say also that it takes you 1 hr to do an Act3 run - maybe all the keeps, Fields of Slaughter, Bridge, Craters, Key warden, etc.

Ex2 - Say you have 75% MF gear/paragon, 75% from your stacks, and 200% from MP8...that makes 350% total. Since the enemies have half the amount of life, lets say that you clear it in about 30 minutes.

Overall....it makes little sense to farm at MP10!!! You could farm MP8 TWICE in the time that it takes you to farm MP10 once....and only for an extra 50% MF at MP10?!. Another way of looking at it is that by doing MP8 twice in 1 hour, you have an effective MF of 700% (versus farming MP10 once at 400% in one hour)!!!

So....I just go for what "feels" efficient....killing an elite pack in 20 seconds...something like that (for me, that's MP7-8). For awhile I did low MP speed farming.....you can breeze through a run in 10-15 min on MP3 (roughly 75+75+75=225%...if you do it 4x an hour, that'd be an effective ~800% MF) - so, that's another possibility.

Now, I'm playing a little fast an lose with the numbers, so don't definitively hold me to them. But this is generally how MF works. Don't get caught up in the MP10 farming hype (if you can't kill an elite in ~20 sec or so)....its too slow to make the extra MF valuable. Instead, farm lower MP's more effectively and efficiently.

BTW, I'd suggest a DPS of, like, 200k to farm MP10 "efficiently." Like I said....with ~140k DPS I typically farm MP7 or 8. It makes little sense to go up higher. I can make it though a whole run with few, if any, deaths. A death means retracing empty parts of maps, and is a waste. If you're "undergrared" with a 20M build and die alot...then that's also making for an inefficient run.

I have the mitigation to hang in MP10,....but the DPS isn't there. And it's certainly not there with any 20M build.
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 3/19/2013 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I could not agree more with Piehole, I really have been doing 5 and 6 alot because I can do it fast I dont die and it is fun. I don't have near the dps to do that efficiently at 10 but if I wanted to do mp10 his method allows you to at least be in the game, albeit not completely efficiently. And not speaking for him but you are in the game for cheap and without 2.73. And for the regular player like me that is really good.But I am rolling thru 5 and 6 and I give him the credit for teaching me how to do that.

And I didn't spend a penny like people are saying before, all I did was watch his video and look at him and Milkey stream which was real cheap also.

My last post also, just giving credit were it was due for me.
Edited by Koen#1837 on 3/19/2013 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 11:14 AMPosted by LordSandwich
Man I've been waiting for this thread for so long. The wizard forum hates new names that challenge their standards.

As I said earlier, the forum is generally ok with the exception of 5 idiots who thread hop to bag people out.

But I guess we're all to blame for falling for these trolls.
Reply Quote
Hey all,

I don't know what build to go with (CM/WW in general, but regarding IAS / crit / EHP, i Have no idea what I'm doing).

I have 20M gold and want to do higher MPs. MP7+ if possbible.

I'm Archon right now which is great for lower MPs, but for keys and Ubers I'll need CMWW or SNS or whatever.

Here's the question: do I spend the 20M now on a set or farm MP0 as Archon until I have more gold?

If I'm not gonna be able to get a MP7ish set with 20M I'll just wait.

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
Wow, some real jerks roam these forums. I'm glad I only read them sometimes.
Reply Quote
As I said earlier, the forum is generally ok with the exception of 5 idiots who thread hop to bag people out. But I guess we're all to blame for falling for these trolls.

Really?

Go back and read Ziss' posts. He got called out for being both arrogant and wrong.
Reply Quote
Random comment for what little it's worth: I find 2.3 locks shaky as all hell vs small/mobile/solo enemies. I thought it was just my high ping and low gear value but if others see the same I have to agree more ias is needed.
Reply Quote
hmmmm in that case im not to far off
Reply Quote
wow dude, 83k elite kills, almost 100k, world first?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]