Diablo® III

Intelligence and AH dps

Hi :-)

When a Ceremonial Knife is displayed on the AH does the big size dps number already take into account the intelligence on the knife??
Reply Quote
I believe the only thing factored into the big dps number is min/max damage, elemental damage and % damage.

[edit] perhaps it would be better to say while I am not sure if anything else than the above is responsible for weapon dps, intelligence is certainly not.
Edited by fDoug#1428 on 3/9/2013 7:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
Int is not included because the +DPS it would provide is class specific (they can't have a DH looking at the gear and see a different "big number" than a WD or Wiz would see). For the same reason, CD is not included in the "big number", because its +DPS is gear specific (depends on +Crit rate). HOWEVER, something like IAS is included (correct me if I'm wrong) in the big number because the bonus to damage is NOT dependent on anything else with the character, either skills or gear.
Reply Quote
Just did a little reading, while IAS doesn't have an effect your big dps number directly, it will affect the Attacks per Second value on your weapon, which will in turn affect your big dps number.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5638013501
Reply Quote
03/09/2013 07:58 AMPosted by UncleTouchy
Int is not included because the +DPS it would provide is class specific (they can't have a DH looking at the gear and see a different "big number" than a WD or Wiz would see). For the same reason, CD is not included in the "big number", because its +DPS is gear specific (depends on +Crit rate). HOWEVER, something like IAS is included (correct me if I'm wrong) in the big number because the bonus to damage is NOT dependent on anything else with the character, either skills or gear.

The thing that got me wondering about intelligence is that the ceremonial knife can only be used by a WD.

Thank you all for your info :-)
Reply Quote
View profile
03/09/2013 08:17 AMPosted by fDoug
Just did a little reading, while IAS doesn't have an effect your big dps number directly, it will affect the Attacks per Second value on your weapon, which will in turn affect your big dps number.

The attack speed of the weapon is directly computed into the weapon's reported DPS value. Otherwise for a Manajuma knife there would be a 40% DPS reduction (the attack speed amount) in the DPS value. (Note: A ruby adds min/max damage to a weapon and skews the displayed weapon DPS. Keep this in mind when buying and selling ruby socketed weapons.)

Attack speed and damage (min,max, +elemental) are used to calculate the displayed weapon DPS.

Intelligence, crit chance, and crit damage are not part of the weapon DPS calculation. However these things directly impact your total DPS. This is why it is extremely difficult to eye ball weapons and determine if your total DPS will increase or not by using them.

I suggest a good DPS calculator for purchasing new weapons, and for playing around with weapon damage modifiers if you want to learn more.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 3/10/2013 7:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing or just repeating what I have said, but what I was trying to get across was that -IAS- changes the value of the weapon's base attack speed, this new, higher attack speed is then used for total weapon dps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]