Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfix to Arcane Power on Crit

Community Manager
During the development of patch 1.0.7, a Wizard bug relating to Arcane Power on Crit was introduced when we fixed a bug that was causing Blizzard to not proc it at all.

The good news is, as of patch 1.0.7, Blizzard can now trigger Arcane Power on Crit! The bad news is, by fixing the bug with Blizzard, we introduced a new bug that was causing Archon: Disintegration Wave, Disintegrate, Energy Twister, Meteor, and Ray of Frost to trigger Arcane Power on Crit twice per proc rather than once per proc, resulting in a higher than normal proc rate. We plan on fixing this bug very soon, and wanted to give you a heads-up about it.
Reply Quote
View profile
At least you got a warning.
Reply Quote
Fair enough, thanks for telling us.
Reply Quote
Can we keep this bug?
Reply Quote
i so called this as a bug that was gonna be fixed... people were rearranging their builds around this supposed new APOC working.. lol
Reply Quote
So basically, a CM Wiz can just cut their APoC gear in half to get a preview of the hotfix, or is it not that dramatic?
Edited by turnstiled#1258 on 3/11/2013 10:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
During the development of patch 1.0.7, a Wizard bug relating to Arcane Power on Crit was introduced when we fixed a bug that was causing Blizzard to not proc it at all.

The good news is, as of patch 1.0.7, Blizzard can now trigger Arcane Power on Crit! The bad news is, by fixing the bug with Blizzard, we introduced a new bug that was causing Archon: Disintegration Wave, Disintegrate, Energy Twister, Meteor, and Ray of Frost to trigger Arcane Power on Crit twice per proc rather than once per proc, resulting in a higher than normal proc rate. We plan on fixing this bug very soon, and wanted to give you a heads-up about it.

You call it bug I call it Interesting side effect. :p
Reply Quote
Thankfully I bought an APoC chant's force yesterday.
Reply Quote
Thank you for informing us.

But could you please consider to keep this one and rename it to feature?

Another view on this is that this "feature" requires less crit hit chance which is extremely hard or expensive to cone by. Doesn't fix itemisation, but does help the player become a bit stronger.
Reply Quote
PLEEEEASE: Any comment about CM and/or Shocking Aspect proc rates on those spells? They seem to be "a bit off", too. Even before 1.07

Sorry guys. Had to ask.
Reply Quote
keep this bug! might actually use these channeling spells.
Reply Quote
I like this bug. Please don't squash it :(

Thanks for the heads up!
Reply Quote
Please fix the Blood Magic rune while you're at it:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6689910295#1
Reply Quote
ITT : We did something that caused a bug, and when we fixed the bug, we caused another bug that we are gonna fix soon.

PS: Expect another bug on APOC when we fix the latest bug.
Reply Quote
WOW...10 apoc..
Reply Quote
It's been magnificent, actually.
Reply Quote
PLEEEEASE: Any comment about CM and/or Shocking Aspect proc rates on those spells? They seem to be "a bit off", too. Even before 1.07

Sorry guys. Had to ask.

I'd love to see any comments about those too, be it "working as intended", "not working as intended but going to leave as is", or "going to hotfix because it's really crazily bugged", or really anything.
Reply Quote
View profile
Meh, I'd never run with less than 19 so that's fine with me.
Reply Quote
So, in theory, anyone who kept their APOC levels set according to pre 1.07 should be okay, but if you jumped on the new reduced APOC requirement to sustain AP while running CM/WW, you're going to have to-up your APOC level back to pre 1.07 amounts.
Reply Quote
I guess I'll have to lose ~0.5aps because of this, yoohoo :/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]