Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfix to Arcane Power on Crit

*sigh*.. I miss being able to rain meteors... now I'm reduced to... a light drizzle of meteors... *sniffle* *sniffle*
Reply Quote
Diablo dev team logic:

#1. We can't have any build of any class do anything that any other build of any other class couldn't do

#2. We need to encourage build diversity!

derp
Reply Quote
When my wizard is at 3.01 aps breakpoint, chc = 64, APoC = 20 and dps > 200k dps, it's being decimated regularly by normal Lacuni Stalker that throw firebombs in mp10 on Desolete Sands map however once my wizard is geared at the extreme of 3.33 aps breakpoint and taking a hit of almost 40k dps then, everything is playable again ...Sigh! seems to me that my wizard is not generating sufficient arcane power in time for me to activate or spam Energy Twister -Wicked Wind, Diamond Skin -Diamond Shards, Frost Nova -Cold Snap & Explosive Blast -Chain Reaction supported by Evocation passive skill.
Edited by MOBAjobg#6966 on 3/15/2013 10:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I really dont understund what the hell is going on with u blizzard guys.Since last summer and on u do the best u can do to ##*%###@ our cm/ww builds.First it was the design of energy twister ,then it was the ap and the ticks, now its the apoc....why dont u just say to us cm wizzes go the hell quit the game CLEAR AND LOUD!!. why the hell u design a game the way u did and changed ur minds in less than a year for a f***king class more than a bilion times...is this pro behaviour?...and u dont leave us ffs to enjoy for once what with with hard way we have build so far????
Edited by mantraxalos#2536 on 3/16/2013 8:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
let the apoc at least for energy twister back to where it was! do at least this ,save ur image!!
apologises for my reaction and my english!
Edited by mantraxalos#2536 on 3/16/2013 8:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 08:18 AMPosted by mantraxalos
I really dont understund what the hell is going on with u blizzard guys.Since last summer and on u do the best u can do to ##*%###@ our cm/ww builds.First it was the design of energy twister ,then it was the ap and the ticks, now its the apoc....why dont u just say to us cm wizzes go the hell quit the game CLEAR AND LOUD!!. why the hell u design a game the way u did and changed ur minds in less than a year for a f***king class more than a bilion times...is this pro behaviour?...and u dont leave us ffs to enjoy for once what with with hard way we have build so far????

+1. Took forever for my wiz to be up to the BARB lvl. , yet my class keeps getting nerfed. Just when I got to where I want to be. Blizz says "Yeah, just a figment of your imagination."
Reply Quote
I vote they just delete the Barbarian class completely.
Reply Quote
let the apoc at least for energy twister back to where it was! do at least this ,save ur image!!
apologises for my reaction and my english!

I don't get the QQ, you have EXACTLY THE SAME APOC RETURNS AS 1.05/1.06 . this doubling of APOC was added in 1.07 and removed in 1.07a
Reply Quote
I am not a numbers person,

But this change efected my CM Wiz. And I never got rid of my APOC during the buff.
I die way more now.
Reply Quote
View profile
I am not a numbers person,

But this change efected my CM Wiz. And I never got rid of my APOC during the buff.
I die way more now.

ur dying due to a lack of armor and ar
case in point my wiz belt and ring are in my stash i have glass cannon on and i still have more armor and ar then u
also u need a bit more cc consider switchin up ur ias, and crit dmg ring for an ias and cc ring
Reply Quote
ok thx.

where should I stack AR and ARMR? I am going to lose a ton of AS
Reply Quote
ok thx.

Definitely your pants. Strength and Dex and are almost wasted stats for a wizard. The chest piece as well. There isn't really much of a defensive stat to it. Sure 19 AR is something, but it isn't anything substantial. If you're hurting for AR and armour that badly, try going for the tree piece Zuni set. Two of the pieces have AR and getting armour on any of them is fairly cheap. Your armour isn't that low though. Try to get at least 4000.
Reply Quote
ok thx.

raise your cc, its 41%.past 50% but then, this is not survivability stat except for freeze quality.(ie: reduces the cd of frost nova).

pants = can be better, get 70+all ress

chest = can be better, get 70+all ress (but not urgent, you have alot of ehp here in the form of vit, not in mitigation, but mitigation based ehp is better for diamond skin/loh)

vile ward = can be better, prices have fallen

wh with all ress

pants yes. also no significant all ress

amulet blackthorne if you want to go that way.
---
argh whatever, basically everything that can roll all ress should have all ress, just work your way at the cheapest upgrade to get 70 all ress/vit on it first. (eg: lacuni with int all ress cc is going to cost a ton so its the last thing).

I believe there are guides out there for minimum ehp, dps, cc, aps, loh requires for various difficulities, just import your character in www.d3up.com and compare to others
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 3/21/2013 12:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 02:32 PMPosted by yodagreat

+1. Took forever for my wiz to be up to the BARB lvl. , yet my class keeps getting nerfed. Just when I got to where I want to be. Blizz says "Yeah, just a figment of your imagination."

It was a bug, and they fixed it... It says no where in the patch that APOC would be doubled. How are people really like this? Any other game would have done the same exact thing. If you really can't operate a CM Wiz w/ 18-20 APOC, then you have other problems to figure out first IMO.
Reply Quote
well i think this game sucks now blizard is not making it better just worse they need to fire somone else
Reply Quote
i have 19 APOC and about 50 crit chance... am i gonna be okay? i haven't played in awhile after the ET nerf and just came back in 1.07 and was having fun... now i hear about this and am getting worried
Reply Quote
Yes sir i can boogie...i have 19 APOC, 60.5%cc- 3.07 IAS with stretched and i can still see the message sometimes not ehnough arcane power,now dont tell me that something more than usual or scheduled blizzard did in the APOC and not just turning back to what it was before!!!(or before 1.0.7)
Edited by mantraxalos#2536 on 3/30/2013 11:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I want to ask something else.
I like to use wizard and I really like the Arcane Hydra skill. One thing I noticed is that the crit damage of the Arcane Hydra has nothing to do with my crit damage. I do not know if it is a bug or it is designed to be like this.
Reply Quote
hydras i believe only crit up to 50% dmg. thats why ruby is better for some builds.
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 06:45 PMPosted by blackdove666
i have 19 APOC and about 50 crit chance... am i gonna be okay? i haven't played in awhile after the ET nerf and just came back in 1.07 and was having fun... now i hear about this and am getting worried

you'll be fine. that 19apoc is fine for sns. its only the people who dropped down to 10apoc that have to build back up
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]