Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfix to Arcane Power on Crit

BTW when so I know when to start noticing and QQ about it.
Reply Quote
I love how Blizzard shares everything with us now! It's quite reassuring.
Reply Quote
I tried them out and I was like :o

Then I was like (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

But now I'm like ┬──┬ ¯\_(ツ)
Reply Quote
Happy Accident. +1
Reply Quote
Blizz screws me over again. I just came back after months of not playing and bought a Wiz set yesterday. I get this news today. REALLY lame way to manage your game.
Reply Quote
I know that. It's just unfortunate that this game is continually messing around with the stats. It leads to buyers remorse. I remember picking up LoH gear for my barb and a few days later it was nerfed into the ground, forcing people into Lifesteal.
Reply Quote
So you are killing new builds coming out after 1.0.7. I guess all of us should go back to traditional WW/CM build. What's your solution to the diversity of wizard build?

Besides, would you fix other bugs as well? Projections like molter are directed straight to players within a slow time bubble. Their minimum range seems to disappear in the bubble. Please fix that too!!!!!
Reply Quote
Gf cm wizards
Reply Quote
Seriously thank you very much for the warning. It is so rare that we get this kind of warning that I wanted to specifically thank blues for taking the time to warn us.
Reply Quote
So to clarify: will this only affect APoC, or does it affect all "on crit" effects (ie CM)?
Reply Quote
When 100% of the people posting about your new bug think it's fine the way it is, maybe you should consider leaving it. As it's more fun, not gamebreaking, and it's one of those steps in the right direction to revert most of what Jay did anyway.

Make the right call, and let us have some fun now and then instead of the slaving that currently happens.
Reply Quote
"We're trying really, really hard to create build diversity"

bug: creates build diversity

"Sorry guys, too much diversity by accident. You can have it when we say it's needed again"
Reply Quote

"Sorry guys, too much diversity by accident. You can have it when we say it's needed again"

Pretty much this. Just undo most of what Jay did and that'll be the first step in the proper direction.
Reply Quote
During the development of patch 1.0.7, a Wizard bug relating to Arcane Power on Crit was introduced when we fixed a bug that was causing Blizzard to not proc it at all.

The good news is, as of patch 1.0.7, Blizzard can now trigger Arcane Power on Crit! The bad news is, by fixing the bug with Blizzard, we introduced a new bug that was causing Archon: Disintegration Wave, Disintegrate, Energy Twister, Meteor, and Ray of Frost to trigger Arcane Power on Crit twice per proc rather than once per proc, resulting in a higher than normal proc rate. We plan on fixing this bug very soon, and wanted to give you a heads-up about it.

And yet even with my gear, even with the current doubled Apoc. 28 Apoc, 56% crit (buffed) It still isn't enough to maintain any decent meteor using apoc returns alone. Just a heads up, I had been enjoying the game again for a while, now the fix will give me an excuse to play something else. I love my meteor's any developer's feel the same way?
Reply Quote
During the development of patch 1.0.7, a Wizard bug relating to Arcane Power on Crit was introduced when we fixed a bug that was causing Blizzard to not proc it at all.

The good news is, as of patch 1.0.7, Blizzard can now trigger Arcane Power on Crit! The bad news is, by fixing the bug with Blizzard, we introduced a new bug that was causing Archon: Disintegration Wave, Disintegrate, Energy Twister, Meteor, and Ray of Frost to trigger Arcane Power on Crit twice per proc rather than once per proc, resulting in a higher than normal proc rate. We plan on fixing this bug very soon, and wanted to give you a heads-up about it.

This bug afect arcane dynamo too?
Reply Quote

I don't agree at all.

Clearly with wizards there have been two dominants builds: CM/WW (and similar CM -based builds) and Continuous Archon. This bug has unintentionally strengthened the continuous Archon build, making other Wizard builds less competitive with the Archon build. So, logically, this bug discourages "build diversity."

Face it, this game needs more builds that are NOT dependent on frequent critical hits. Thus strengthening skills like Blizzard and Hydra should be the future.
Edited by Bounce#1629 on 3/11/2013 1:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Pshhhhh. I didn't get to keep the ToC bug, sorry wiz, 1/2 APoC for you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]