Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfix to Arcane Power on Crit

keep the bug.
Reply Quote
That explains it. I had buddy saying he was only running 9apoc and doing fine with it. Good thing I stuck to 18 apoc.
Reply Quote

The good news is, as of patch 1.0.7, Blizzard can now trigger Arcane Power on Crit! The bad news is, by fixing the bug with Blizzard, we introduced a new bug that was causing Archon: Disintegration Wave, Disintegrate, Energy Twister, Meteor, and Ray of Frost to trigger Arcane Power on Crit twice per proc rather than once per proc, resulting in a higher than normal proc rate. We plan on fixing this bug very soon, and wanted to give you a heads-up about it.

As others might have stated, this unintentional bug that was introduced actually caused some great things to happen to our class. For the first time, several new 2h builds suddenly became quite viable, even up to the highest MP levels of the game. So far I've come up with 4 new 2h builds that work rather well (one of them VERY well) because of this bug. The reason they came into fruition was because 2h builds before were completely unable to sustain AP during long fights, thus confining the builds to MP5 territory or lower, even with amazing gear. Now they're able to sustain AP just right. And by just right, I mean that with 9 or 10 APoC on helm (which is the max a 2h build can currently get), some of these builds kill elites on MP10 with little to no APoC left after the fight is over. I'd call that quite balanced, and thus I personally believe that this bug should remain intact, at least for the channeled spells (Ray of Frost and Disintegrate).

If you Blues haven't seen it yet, here's a link to a thread and video I made about a high MP capable Sleet Storm build. It's quite powerful, and most of all a ton of fun, and something I think you guys should watch before you finalize this fix. Here's the thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8178678115?page=1

As you'll see in the video, the build is powerful, yet it still doesn't come close to the current dominant state of CM/WW builds, and you're leaving that build alone. This Sleet Storm build doesn't perma-freeze, it doesn't shut down the playing field for the groups you're in, and it doesn't trivialize content. It wins through sheer brute force of high DPS multiplier and super high Armor, All Resist, and Lifesteal, coupled with actually having to deal with the vast majority of the affixes out there (the build can sometimes stand in Plague and Desecrator, but so can a lot of other builds and classes). We finally have another MP10 capable build, one that relies heavily on the most excellent defenses and some rather specialized gear to work on those high MPs. This is something you guys should be encouraging, not destroying, even if it's birth was unintended by you guys.

So I ask you please. Allow the double AP returns to remain for both Ray of Frost and Disintegrate, even if it's only when using a 2h weapon, to allow for some more build diversity on high MPs for a class that really, really needs an alternative to CM/WW. Not all of us enjoy perma-freezing everything, but many of us would like to enjoy the challenge and rewards of the highest difficulty of this game. This Sleet Storm build gives us the ability to do just that.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Reply Quote
It's not a bug blizzard. You just intended to nerf us but forgot to carry a digit.
Reply Quote
"We're trying really, really hard to create build diversity"

bug: creates build diversity

"Sorry guys, too much diversity by accident. You can have it when we say it's needed again"

I don't agree at all.

Clearly with wizards there have been two dominants builds: CM/WW (and similar CM -based builds) and Continuous Archon. This bug has unintentionally strengthened the continuous Archon build, making other Wizard builds less competitive with the Archon build. So, logically, this bug discourages "build diversity."

Face it, this game needs more builds that are NOT dependent on frequent critical hits. Thus strengthening skills like Blizzard and Hydra should be the future.

What has "Sustained Archon" got to do this bug? Archon doesn't need AP in the first place. Even the "Hybrid Archon" builds that utilize WW instead of LL, they only need about 9~10 APOC. I don't think this bug made any Archon build more powerful or overpowered.
Reply Quote
Can DH haz this kind of bug too?

Or just silly powerful buffs?
We had it in 1.04 with 1500% damage on ToC.
Reply Quote
Has anyone suggested replacing one of our useless passives with one that adds 7-10cc and 10 APoC when you equip a 2H weapon? Seems like that would encourage some diversity.
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Darshu
Has anyone suggested replacing one of our useless passives with one that adds 7-10cc and 10 APoC when you equip a 2H weapon? Seems like that would encourage some diversity.

It wouldn't even have to add CC. Just the APoC would be great. Like if Astral Presence also said "In addition, you gain 10 Arcane Power on Crit when wielding a 2-handed weapon". That would be just awesome right there, and would keep my current build able to farm MP9-10.
Reply Quote
You know this is a bad idea as applied to metoers. Finally people were able to use them again after over nerf in 1.0.5 after which none used them. Check your logs I'm sure you know this is true. Horrendous procs make it so you couldnt spam them in the slightest even with maximum 30 apoc and -5 on source and SoJ. So none used them other than a few Prodigy fueled meteor builds. And they are bad compared to fun of meteor spam.

Please reconsider this bug fix as applied to meteors if you want build diversity.

Or reinsititute decent procs for meteors.

Thank you.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/11/2013 2:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You know this is a bad idea as applied to metoers. Finally people were able to use them again after over nerf in 1.0.5 after which none used them. Check your logs I'm sure you know this is true. Horrendous procs make it so you couldnt spam them in the slightest even with maximum 30 apoc and -5 on source and SoJ. So none used them other than a few Prodigy fueled meteor builds. And they are bad compared to fun of meteor spam.

Please reconsider this bug fix as applied to meteors if you want build diversity.

I didn't really use Meteor a whole lot before this last patch, but I sure did after it. It's a lot of fun, and really wasn't so powerful that it needed to be brought down a notch. It actually felt right. So I agree with Aimless here, too, for the sake of build diversity.
Reply Quote
Should stay for Meteors and Disintegrate or any other secondary skill just makes them useable as opposed to no one using them now.
Reply Quote

Thank you.

+1
Reply Quote
keep the bug there plz
Reply Quote

Thank you.

+1

^
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Darshu

Or maybe adding APoC to 2-handed weapons?
Reply Quote
First time I logged in like 6-7 months just to say.. PEOPLE STILL PLAY THIS TRAIN WRECK OF A GAME??? GOOD GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Lame. Let us keep the crumbs
Reply Quote
...and then we doubled it
Reply Quote
Still nerfing Energy Twister? Do something new already, Blizzard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]