Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfix to Arcane Power on Crit

Yes please nerf my Wiz because its just so OP...
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Darshu
Has anyone suggested replacing one of our useless passives with one that adds 7-10cc and 10 APoC when you equip a 2H weapon? Seems like that would encourage some diversity.

Of course people in this community have suggested it -- it's not unlike Weapons Master: equip a 2H like Skorn and get the 10 CC. It's just truly sad that wizards get zero response from Wyatt Cheng, who actually has Ancient Guardian as his profile icon -- just look at his old posts. No response from any designer, actually.
Reply Quote
When 100% of the people posting about your new bug think it's fine the way it is, maybe you should consider leaving it. As it's more fun, not gamebreaking, and it's one of those steps in the right direction to revert most of what Jay did anyway.

Make the right call, and let us have some fun now and then instead of the slaving that currently happens.

Amen. Ditto. ^^^. What he said.

I'd given up on my wizard, until recently, when he had become fun to play once again.
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 01:52 PMPosted by aztecwarrior
keep the bug.

Diablo 3 had become fun to play...[music ends]...aw, nawwww!

KILLJOY!
Reply Quote
Just keep it as it, Blizz.
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Darshu
Has anyone suggested replacing one of our useless passives with one that adds 7-10cc and 10 APoC when you equip a 2H weapon? Seems like that would encourage some diversity.

I like this suggestion.

It would take the game into an interesting direction.
Reply Quote
FFS - another !@#$%^- bull*!@# stealth nerf.
Reply Quote
I'll miss the build diversity of not always having to run cm/ww. Please leave the bug. I have really enjoyed all the different builds I have been able to play since 1.0.7.

It's ironic that one of the most exciting helpful things that came out of the patch was unintentional.
Reply Quote
View profile
Vaeflare, thank you for the heads up. But I gotta tell you, this is bad for wizard build diversity. I was just starting to enjoy a 2-hand Skorn+Sleet Storm build which is a refreshing change from my CM Wizard. Can't you just "fix it" for Wicked Wind and Living Lightning, but keep the bug for spells that are not really used at all? For the sake of build diversity.
Reply Quote
am i the only one having trouble with dps for my character falling to 1/2 of total when i play? rite now its 173000, but will fall around to 83000 during combat. any ideas?
Reply Quote
You should keep the meteor as it is right now. People finally started using it and feel like a real wizard, I really began to like build diversity across the cm wizards. I think you should consider keeping the proc rates same.(Twister fix is fine.)
Reply Quote
View profile
03/11/2013 02:39 PMPosted by Malakai

It wouldn't even have to add CC. Just the APoC would be great. Like if Astral Presence also said "In addition, you gain 10 Arcane Power on Crit when wielding a 2-handed weapon". That would be just awesome right there, and would keep my current build able to farm MP9-10.

This +1
Reply Quote
Time to stop delaying that apoc chants, damn and I just almost had 5k armor and pretty good dps going to sigh...build is so overly expensive, thanks for keeping it that way too *with a smile*

Curious though, yourself and the devs have commented on how they want us to regain arcane easier and don't like our synergies ..so why even fix this then? Wouldn't you have to redo a portion of this later? Seems kinda pointless to fix when the future development of our class has been hinted for the opposite. Or was that not referring to us 'oh so overpowered' CM wizards and just for ways of ranged wizards to regain arcane easier? I didn't realize we were balancing our mechanics based on sub-class now hm?

Blizzard: Wizards, we want you to regain arcane easier!
CM Wizard: Yay, I don't have to spend a fortune and sacrifice stats to get Apoc everywhere!
Blizzard: Not you OP SNS spec, talking to the ranged wizard!
CM Wizard: =/
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 3/11/2013 4:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This shouldn't have been a bug, it should have been the way it ought to be.
Reply Quote
Lol nice one.

So you actually tell me you made an error and instead of informing us it's a bug you let us believe it's a feature for how long? a month or something?

I sold whole my archon gear just to make Molten Impact spam build which actually needs 30 apoc + some - cost gear.

How many ppl works in Blizzard? Is there anyone who actually USE HIS BRAIN? Was it so hard to inform us earlier?
Edited by Oxan#2794 on 3/11/2013 4:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I appreciate the heads up prior to fixing. Anyone who used Apoc in builds soon realised it was a bug and not intentional, but were happy with the changes and flexibility it gave in gearing.

The only issue I have is how it highighted how Apoc is limiting some builds and playstyles. It makes sense for changes not to effect Archon or Cm/WW builds, but its seriously rectricting versatility using other skills which was highlighted more so with this bug.

Meteor being one of the most noticable.
Reply Quote
View profile
Lol nice one.

So you actually tell me you made an error and instead of informing us it's a bug you let us believe it's a feature for how long? a month or something?

I sold whole my archon gear just to make Molten Impact spam build which actually needs 30 apoc + some - cost gear.

How many ppl works in Blizzard? Is there anyone who actually USE HIS BRAIN? Was it so hard to inform us earlier?

Nice build bro sad day in paradise. I did same thing as you post 1.0.5 after they nerfed procs hard and just couldn't spam so what good is this gear, MAXIMUM meteor reductions and APOC? One certainly should after such an investment. I'll never understand the meteor proc nerfs anyway - they weren't that good to begin with. But at least with this bug you could spam again even if LOH is still terrible because procs are terrible. But I'd take it over whats to come. Shelved meteor builds.
Reply Quote
I actually started playing pub games and people were using cool non cm/ww and archon specs. Things finally looked good for build diversity then booyah. Blizzard crushes our hopes again.
Reply Quote
Keep keep keep!

Pre patch I was just trying to keep getting better cm gear (playing the AH... Weeee!) but since all I've been doing is finding the new great wizard builds that are possible with this "bug."

Only way I could see for a compromise is the passive that grants 8-10 apoc. But I can see how that would effect some player's "valuable property" since all apoc items would take a hit. (But possibly make it a more even and stable market......Hmmmmm).
Reply Quote
So current 20 APoC will feel like 10 ApoC lol..

BTW APoC chants force price skyrocketing!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]