Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfix to Arcane Power on Crit

03/11/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Fatamorgana
BTW APoC chants force price skyrocketing!

That should be good news for me as that means the lowest apoc values will drop so I can afford it because the demand will be on the high apoc ones and the low (5-7) should stay about the same..sucks for those who need near perfect apoc though, I don't - I'll say it again ET CC FTW :P

This just means a DPS drop for most of us that can't afford those 1-2B ones =/
Reply Quote
Lol nice one.

So you actually tell me you made an error and instead of informing us it's a bug you let us believe it's a feature for how long? a month or something?

I sold whole my archon gear just to make Molten Impact spam build which actually needs 30 apoc + some - cost gear.

How many ppl works in Blizzard? Is there anyone who actually USE HIS BRAIN? Was it so hard to inform us earlier?

Nice build bro sad day in paradise. I did same thing as you post 1.0.5 after they nerfed procs hard and just couldn't spam so what good is this gear, MAXIMUM meteor reductions and APOC? One certainly should after such an investment. I'll never understand the meteor proc nerfs anyway - they weren't that good to begin with. But at least with this bug you could spam again even if LOH is still terrible because procs are terrible. But I'd take it over whats to come. Shelved meteor builds.

Yeah sad day.

Btw I was able to spam Moltens with a Skorn ;p On a single target it wasn't smooth but i lacked -2 cost and 2% cc i think (plus %cc from Ina set). It required mw, sa and even familiar with ap runes tho ;p To many limitation. But man, 5,9% ls with Moltens just roxxx,
Reply Quote
Not any more.....

Back to Archon/SNS!
Reply Quote
lol i knew there was something up when i just held down meteor shower and melted everything on the screen with 20k hp and no frost novas... it was wayyy too easy to get into a feedback loop with meteor procs
Reply Quote
I do feel kind of sad though, for the meteor spamming builds... they were fun, and never 100% as efficient as the regular ones.

Plus, I really liked not having to run frost nova.
Reply Quote
Man u know the game is close to dead when it takes a month for the programmers to release a fix for a simple proc bug.

Why can't they just focus more on adding more content, or are they saving it all to maximise profits in expansion.

And when i say content, I do not mean silly things like... changing legendaries.
I mean things like fixing pvp and making it worthwhile, adding quests that a TEAM of people will enjoy doing, adding guilds to promote the social aspect...blah blah blah.

Too bad. Even most top streamers are leaving this dumbed down game, after finally realising they wasted a boatload of time on something that fails to deliver 'fun'.
Reply Quote
Fair enought...

What about the hotfix that was confirmed by blue post about Siege/Uber still reflecting pets damage onto the player?

That was a good 3 weeks ago...kinda depressing...it was confirmed as fixed internaly and "to be released sometime next week"...should have used "soon"!!!
Reply Quote
This explains a lot. Ah well.
Reply Quote
Very soon as in 1.08?

Okay thanks that's plenty soon enough.
Reply Quote
Fair enought...

What about the hotfix that was confirmed by blue post about Siege/Uber still reflecting pets damage onto the player?

That was a good 3 weeks ago...kinda depressing...it was confirmed as fixed internaly and "to be released sometime next week"...should have used "soon"!!!

i didn't notice sb reflecting hydra damage since last week.
Reply Quote
barb is bug could you fix it?full of bug in your head,please fix it first!
Reply Quote
Ahhhh. don't fix ROF!
Reply Quote
I would really love to see the apoc stay, I hate having to go back to cookie cutter equipment. Had plenty of that on DH, along with the nerfs that were called bugs.

Plus using a variety of skills is great.

Is this really such a bad thing that's making new wiz builds OP? The monk exploding fist+meteor wiz combo seemed like a step in the right direction.
Reply Quote
if you're going to fix arcane power on crit. then I suggest you do a quick few fixes to the following skills so they are more viable

a) double all proc rates on arcane torrent, disintegrate, ray of frost, meteor
b) double all proc rates on non wicked wind twister runes.
Reply Quote
I appreciate the heads up prior to fixing. Anyone who used Apoc in builds soon realised it was a bug and not intentional, but were happy with the changes and flexibility it gave in gearing.

The only issue I have is how it highighted how Apoc is limiting some builds and playstyles. It makes sense for changes not to effect Archon or Cm/WW builds, but its seriously rectricting versatility using other skills which was highlighted more so with this bug.

Meteor being one of the most noticable.

The funny thing is that my memory keeps recalling me a situation in which I was reading some forum posts about Blizzard changing the way of ap gain or something similar. But it was day or two before maintence. Ofcorse my memory can be wrong. But if it's not and this is a bug than what were the changes ppl were talking about? And i think it was about ap gain in general, not about Blizzard skill.
Reply Quote
Blizzard please don't nerf this 'bug'. I was on the verge of quitting then 1.07 came out and finally some other build options became actually usable and fun. God forbid you ever let your players have fun playing a game. If it's back to boring CM/WW and Archon then I think you'll find a lot of Wiz players will simply give up. I know I will.
Reply Quote
How about we each gives in?

You take back whatever proc in Blizzard but leave the current double proc rate on "Archon: Disintegration Wave, Disintegrate, Energy Twister, Meteor, and Ray of Frost" as it is?

Deal?
Reply Quote
Very soon as in 1.08?

Okay thanks that's plenty soon enough.

As in tonight.

What do you all think tonight's/mornings service update is all about?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]