Diablo® III

"What did you do to your monk today?" thread

Creating this thread for random monk chatter, e-peen flexing, monk thoughts etc etc...
So what did you do monk today?

Well I got a new MH weapon.. had to say goodbye to my Sickle... was rather sad tbh.
165k --> 175k unbuffed dps. Slowly reaching my goal of 200k dps w/o owe and w/o nats set :)
Edited by Weegee#6520 on 3/11/2013 3:38 PM PDT
Crafted 281 dex, 99 vit, 465 armor, 4 crit chance bracers :) Got like, 1k more dps and a few thousand more life!
My monk hit 1b in the bank this morning.
Walked her into a bad affix mix with an elite group and a champ group. First time trying to solo MP8, single LS weapon. It did not go well, but we did kill those bastards.

Solo'd COTA MP10 with the single LS just fine though, but the affixes were pretty easy.

Been surfing the AH as well, but haven't purchased anything. Contemplating changing resists, because arcane is seeming really expensive the last few weeks for some reason compared to other resists O_o Not sure I want to take that plunge, as it would require selling almost everything on me right now for funds and taking a loss on a lot of items I think.
Spent 20K gold on an entire set of gear (including gems). Beat Ghom, Diablo, and Key Warden on MP 5 with him.
03/11/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Demiwraith
Spent 20K gold on an entire set of gear (including gems). Beat Ghom, Diablo, and Key Warden on MP 5 with him.

Bravo! Care to show off the set?
View profile
bought an ar inna helm so that i can drop owe and better vit rolled inna pants to keep my ehp up
03/11/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Sinafae
Contemplating changing resists, because arcane is seeming really expensive the last few weeks for some reason compared to other resists O_o Not sure I want to take that plunge, as it would require selling almost everything on me right now for funds and taking a loss on a lot of items I think.

I just bought the WH on my character for 9m. Sticking with OWE sometimes means you have to wait a few days for the right item to hit the market, but it will happen eventually. I've been tempted to switch on several occasions myself, but I'm glad I didn't. You just have to wait for the right deal occasionally.

Bravo! Care to show off the set?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Demiwraith-1534/hero/3500618

Yes, I'm very proud of this one. Tonight I'm going to see if I can kill Belial before he enrages. If so, I think I'm gong to declare this set "MP-5 capable"

EDIT: I should add, I the chest was an ridiculous shade of purple, but I had enough cash left over to dye it white!
Edited by Demiwraith#1534 on 3/11/2013 3:51 PM PDT

Yes, I'm very proud of this one. Tonight I'm going to see if I can kill Belial before he enrages. If so, I think I'm gong to declare this set "MP-5 capable"

EDIT: I should add, I the chest was an ridiculous shade of purple, but I had enough cash left over to dye it white!

Very nicely done for only 20k! Wow! I imagine it is a bit slow going, but good survival?
Creating this thread for random monk chatter, e-peen flexing, monk thoughts etc etc...
So what did you do monk today?

Well I got a new MH weapon.. had to say goodbye to my Sickle... was rather sad tbh.
165k --> 175k unbuffed dps. Slowly reaching my goal of 200k dps w/o owe and w/o nats set :)
'

Did exactly the same thing as you. Bought a new mainhand and went from 225k to 255k DPS.... Sold my sickle and regret it...

I miss my sickle:(
Played around with the spreadsheet at work; tried to eyeball whether I should run with one emerald and one amethyst, two emeralds, or two amethysts in my chest; tried to figure out why my Vile Ward is better than my crafted shoulders with certain gear combos but not others; and geeked myself up for an MP7 Act 4 run tonight :)
Die alot on MP10 today and got alot of brimstones. I'm try to upgrade my gear but its really hard to find anything that I can buy on AH. Been searching for a good Witching Hour since I sold my old one and still looking for a good Skorn with 1.4K+ DPS with LS and of course with a good price.

The problem I have right now is there is nothing to do in the game anymore and I'm a little afraid to upgrade my gear since I'm not 100% sure whats waiting for me on Patch 1.0.8 other than ID All, Mobs density. I'm trying to crafting a good gloves and so far its over 300 gloves....I'm not sure if I should continue or stop here.

Mob density in Patch 1.0.8 is fine and all that but whats the point in farming if you don't have anything new to do. I can do MP10 fine with death here and there (today I died alot lol). Uber is boring....so I think I might just take a break and farming AH instead. hmmmm maybe Heart of the Swam :D
Did exactly the same thing as you. Bought a new mainhand and went from 225k to 255k DPS.... Sold my sickle and regret it...

I miss my sickle:(

I know how you feel.. realise the usefulness of that stun/pull with the EF was quite effective.
I also used it to steal an enemy in group play for lols.

scrapz, you want to try my build and see if you like it? should make the most of combo strike with a 2nd generator. I hit BoH when I want to top up spirit fast :) and spam the bell

...I dare you to drop serenity!!! ;)

Very nicely done for only 20k! Wow! I imagine it is a bit slow going, but good survival?

It's VERY slow, but not always boring. Diablo was slow and boring and took 25 minutes. Ghom required some manuvering and timing of the Blinding Flashes so that he didn't put the poison cloud on me and I had time to kill him before there was no where to stand. A few cool moments, but fairly mechanical.

The 5 NV stack+ Act 1 KW took some doing (and 1 death). It was anothet 25 minutes, but between the beasts and trees and elites and KW, it was a pretty epic fight. I had to run back and get globes I intentionally left lying around in a few cases. (A habit I picked up in HC)
@weegee

heh I was the original advocator for BS =X Why I went against my preaching. I duno. Just so hard to find a upgrade at this dps point, I couldnt resist..

Heh, who showed you that build? I tried it, but I like serenity way too much to drop it. I don't do much high mp farming but when I do, I use EP and bells and blazing fist..
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 3/11/2013 5:12 PM PDT
Yea man, your monk is one of the top end monks I get inspiration from haha... grats on the new mace, it's saweeeeeeet.

** brofist here ---> X **

I just decided on that build myself. I was the typical cookie build, but then when 1.07 came around, I was slightly less effective in farming (FitL snapshot, but that was it). Letting go of serenity was hard, but I got use to it. Currently farming MP7 with zero-minimal deaths. I'd imagine with your setup things would be much easier.
Crafted the ammy on my toon.

Lost a little bit of HP, but gained 7k DPS!

I'm sooooo close to 200k I can taste it!!

I'm still crafting ammys cause I want that 'elusive' trifecta! (well...quadfecta if you count vit/life%)

[edit]My previous ammy is now on my Scoundrel...he likes it. Puts him at 50k HP...lolz.
Edited by Balthazar23#1929 on 3/11/2013 5:44 PM PDT
I crafted the shoulders I have on this AM. They net nearly identical to my old fire resist+Vit vile wards except I exchanged +1k DpS for the loss of the 250 ish life regen.

Honestly I'm not sure it's worth it, but how do you value getting to wear the fruits of your labor? At least there was a green number and no red on the exchange.

Z.
Trying hard to improve my monk without Nat sets >:]
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]