Diablo® III

Demonic Essence Drop Decrease?

Anyone else notice these have seemingly decreased in drop rate, does the chance increase w/ mp lvl? I had a bunch that I burned on ammys and now that I want to upgrade gems I can't find any. Just did the entire azmodan run and got one from him at the end on mp2...strange.
Reply Quote
Why do you need DE to upgrade gems?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The drop rates for Demonic Essences have not been changed, and the drop chance for them does indeed increase with progressively higher Monster Power levels. Demonic Essences drop according to the following conditions and rates which were established in patch 1.0.7:

• This reagent is account-bound and can be acquired from Elite monsters, Treasure Goblins, and bosses in Inferno difficulty
    • Major in-game events that grant a stack of Nephalem Valor when completed also have a chance to drop Demonic Essence
    • Note: Nephalem Valor will not be required in order for Demonic Essences to drop
  • Each level of Monster Power will increase the drop chance of Demonic Essence from Elites and bosses according to the following values:
    • MP 0: 15.0000%
    • MP 1: 16.5000%
    • MP 2: 18.1500%
    • MP 3: 19.9650%
    • MP 4: 21.9615%
    • MP 5: 24.1577%
    • MP 6: 26.5734%
    • MP 7: 29.2308%
    • MP 8: 32.1538%
    • MP 9: 35.3692%
    • MP 10: 38.9061%
    Reply Quote
    Just playing i find quite a bit.. in all honesty i have no idea what its used for though. could someone enlighten me?
    Reply Quote
    it for the new crafting items that are boa
    Reply Quote
    03/14/2013 02:20 PMPosted by Ketchup

no. u dont need DE for gem upgrade.

03/14/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Warmachine
    Just playing i find quite a bit.. in all honesty i have no idea what its used for though. could someone enlighten me?

DE is for item crafting.
    I mainly use those for crafting chest armor.
    My demon hunter is wearing a crafted chest armor here:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Luffy-1946/hero/22549518
    Reply Quote
    03/14/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Warmachine

Armors:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/#filter=archon
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/#filter=razor

Jewels/Amulets:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/jeweler/recipe/#filter=amulet
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/jeweler/recipe/#filter=Marquise
    Edited by PerfectCell on 3/14/2013 2:48 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Thanks
    Reply Quote
    Can Demonic Essences drop from resplendent chests? - is that considered a "Major in-game event" ?
    Reply Quote
    I did a full act 3 clear on mp3 and all i got was ONE lousy essence,
    Usually i get 5-6 doing that.

incredibly bad luck i guess (!??)
    Reply Quote
    I have had no trouble at all getting them to drop on MP1 through MP7. Usually can gather 40-50 a day. Not sure why you are having such bad luck.
    Reply Quote
    I am using them to craft marquise gems, so yes, you do need them.
    Reply Quote
    R-andom
    N-umber
    G-enerator

Learn it, live with it.

Drop rates have not been lowered. People have dry spells, believe it or not this does happen. I did an mp8 act 3 run 2 nights ago and got 0 essences. What did I do? Come to the forums and post about it? No, I started a new game and found 4 within the first 2 minutes of the run.
    Reply Quote
    You could also obtain a puzzle ring for your follower. I find the templar or the enchantress armed with Maximus tend to proc goblins most often. They're easy to kill, and drop all kinds of useful stuff.
    Reply Quote
    The drop rates for Demonic Essences have not been changed, and the drop chance for them does indeed increase with progressively higher Monster Power levels. Demonic Essences drop according to the following conditions and rates which were established in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8608455/patch-107-now-live-2-12-2013"]patch 1.0.7[/url]:

• This reagent is account-bound and can be acquired from Elite monsters, Treasure Goblins, and bosses in Inferno difficulty
    • Major in-game events that grant a stack of Nephalem Valor when completed also have a chance to drop Demonic Essence
    • Note: Nephalem Valor will not be required in order for Demonic Essences to drop
  • Each level of Monster Power will increase the drop chance of Demonic Essence from Elites and bosses according to the following values:
    • MP 0: 15.0000%
    • MP 1: 16.5000%
    • MP 2: 18.1500%
    • MP 3: 19.9650%
    • MP 4: 21.9615%
    • MP 5: 24.1577%
    • MP 6: 26.5734%
    • MP 7: 29.2308%
    • MP 8: 32.1538%
    • MP 9: 35.3692%
    • MP 10: 38.9061%

What about archon plans?
    Reply Quote
    Just farm vault of the assassin on mp0. 5 or six rares all bunched up. You will have more than you know what to do with in no time.
    Reply Quote
    03/14/2013 03:25 PMPosted by CheehC
    Can Demonic Essences drop from resplendent chests? - is that considered a "Major in-game event" ?

Yes.
    Reply Quote
    03/14/2013 01:30 PMPosted by BuckeyeBeast
    Anyone else notice these have seemingly decreased in drop rate, does the chance increase w/ mp lvl? I had a bunch that I burned on ammys and now that I want to upgrade gems I can't find any. Just did the entire azmodan run and got one from him at the end on mp2...strange.

Hi there - yes I have noticed. I see blue has posted - but is wrong. Something broke. There will be a future apology, blah blah blah...
    Reply Quote
    Posted by Ketchup

no. u dont need DE for gem upgrade.

yes you do.......... to make a marquise!!!
    Reply Quote
    Hey bwest, that's awesome for you and all, but if I wanted your worldly advice I would've asked. Thanks
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]