Since my return I have been plagued by constant disconnects. Sometimes I get a specific error message, and other times I get nothing other than being rather unceremoniously dumped onto the login screen with a dialog box telling me I've been disconnected.
I've read just about every other post related to this problem, be they here or offsite. So far I've done the following, all without success:
- Reinstalled the game, twice (On two different drives)
- Updated my drivers
- Switched from a wired connection to my WiFi, and back again
- Uninstalled and reinstalled all of my networking related hardware
- Reset the router
- Reinstalled my operating system
- IP Release/Rewnew/DNS Flush
- Routed my DNS to an alternate source (Google's in this case, as I read in a blue post somewhere that some had success with that)
- Keep myself connected to "General Chat" at all times, and even sometimes participate in it despite my usual antisocial tendencies
- Deleted the "Blizzard Entertainment" cache folder in my "/ProgramData" directory.
- Reset my Battle.net password
This problem occurs whether I'm playing solo, or with someone else and is frequent enough to make it impractical to continue playing. It happens regardless of whether I'm in town selling, playing in the field, or tinkering on the AH.
I've done the tracert tests suggested in several related threads, but analyzing them is beyond me. Though just looking at them I have gathered there definitely seems to be a problem since every tracert I perform, on both my wired and wifi connections, hits "Request timed out" at hop 15 and every hop thereafter.
So, with all that, if there's any further direction anyone can provide I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd prefer to keep playing and get my $60 worth as opposed to just deleting it from my computer and not looking back, but I think I'm getting pretty close to that point.