Diablo® III

How does anybody make any significant amounts of gold?

My WD survives (mostly) on MP4. I play this game intermittently -- a few months off, then a bunch for a few weeks, then back to other parts of my life.

What I want to know is how the !@#$ is everyone making so much gold? Is it a matter of time spent? Do I need to be farming the right spots? I'm lucky if anything I post on the AH sells, even though I'm trying to restrict myself to ilevel63 items that have trendy affixes. Most of the items I sell seem to go between 50k-200k a piece. I'm getting to the point where to gear further I need to do a ton of grinding (nooooooooooooooooooo!) or figure out how to buy a bunch of crazy expensive stuff on the AH.

(I can't use RMAH because SMS protect forbids no-contract mobiles)

So.... tips for making more money please? :-)
Reply Quote
Dual wield credit cards is your best way!!
But in all seriousness it takes time like it took me 3 or 4 months to get my first 30+mil item. Like right now I have liquidated my WD cause after farming 15hrs a day for 7 days I pulled nothing. Sold off and invested in a barb I manage lvl 1-11 paragon in 6hrs with ww spec.
Reply Quote
You gatta work the AH baby. Find stuff that goes for high values that dumb ppl post for mad cheap on accident. You gatta Camp the AH in other words. See what affixes on what items creates what value. Learn what sells and what doesn't sell. At one point certain items sell and then they dont sell at all. Its constantly changing.
Reply Quote
Are there any kind of market statistics available anywhere? There used to be a great bunch of addons for WoW that could help one get a lock on trends. I don't see any such tools for D3?

Right now items sell so intermittently (maybe 1 in 15) that its hard to draw any conclusions. I have legendaries and set pieces that have languished through multiple listings, despite what seems to be very low prices. So frustrating!
Reply Quote
03/09/2013 10:05 AMPosted by BrentBlemish
You gatta work the AH baby. Find stuff that goes for high values that dumb ppl post for mad cheap on accident. You gatta Camp the AH in other words. See what affixes on what items creates what value. Learn what sells and what doesn't sell. At one point certain items sell and then they dont sell at all. Its constantly changing.

We have a hedge fund manager at heart here.
Reply Quote
Or how about this...

Could anyone provide a ranked list of the hottest affixes? An occam's razor to determine what needs to be sold and what should be vendored would be nice.

I noticed everyone loves:
Crit +chance
Crit +damage%
Life%
+All Resistance
Primary stat (if it matches with the other affixes)
Vitality

Is that correct?
Reply Quote
Look for a Butcher Sickle with above 1040 dps and 160 intel critical damage 53to 54 and life steal above 2.5 and attack speed
Reply Quote
It is easy really it is, players with a ton of gold. Not only get lucky playing the game and get items that sell for millions of gold. But they also take part in flipping. Which means that when they learn the true price of an item. Then they find someone that puts up an item for a lot less than it's true value. It happens from time to time. They buy that item up and sell it for it's true value and take the rest in as pure profit.
Reply Quote
Or how about this...

Could anyone provide a ranked list of the hottest affixes? An occam's razor to determine what needs to be sold and what should be vendored would be nice.

Crit +chance
Crit +damage%
Life%
+All Resistance
Vitality

Is that correct?

More like.. combinations

Crit chance alone... meh...

Crit chance+ Crit Damage = 4mil reward at times

A piece that has everything is bound to make gold.
Reply Quote
Buy low, Sell high and know what items and stats are good for dmg increase.

If you just run around and kill stuff, good luck man... good luck...

Flipping items is the only LEGIT way to get "rich" in this game...

Creditcardwielding is a form of coping with problems, too :)
Edited by Eraser#2219 on 3/9/2013 10:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
Run MP0, not MP4.

Don't do higher MP's until you crack 80k DPS or so, then you can farm MP1 about the same as MP0.

Kill fast, don't die, level up.
Reply Quote
Or how about this...

Crit +chance
Crit +damage%
Life%
+All Resistance
Vitality

Is that correct?

You need AS in there as well.
Reply Quote
03/09/2013 10:02 AMPosted by lyjia
My WD survives (mostly) on MP4
If you are in for the gold, then you probably should be farming MP0 or MP1. You have to basically one-shot monsters and two-shot elites to be able to make good gold and get good loot to sell.

Finding good loot to sell isn't that hard if you know what sells and what doesn't and you are patient. But looking by the amount of QQ in these forums, it seems not a lot of people can actually do it.
Reply Quote
I would be tickled pink to regularly find stuff that sells for 20k. All my stuff is not even selling at double the vendor price. I lose at D3

03/09/2013 10:05 AMPosted by BrentBlemish

I'm usually a play-and-let-play kinda guy, but I would happy if this kind of shenanigans could be stopped. I don't care what kind of BS draconian measures would be needed, just get rid of AH flipping. Like, anything you buy of the AH becomes account bound, no flipping period.
Reply Quote
Right now, finding a good item selling above 5 mil is like a lottery win, so stick to bots or Ah flipping.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately the only things that sell in this game are "GG" items. You need items that are end-game items... items that players see and think "I will use that for a while!"

Just judging from your WD, 41k damage... you arent farming at any sort of efficiency that is going to yield results.

You need to just concentrate on getting your paragon levels up... you need MF... without 300% or so MF you won't be farming Legendary items fast at all. Legendary items are the ones that sell... and some rare rings and weapons.

Hate to say it but at this point the only way to get gear that will let you "farm"... you need to buy gold. I have been saying it since release... one huge issue with this game is that it takes end-game items to farm the end-game items... catch 22. Hopefully with some of the itemization changes it will be easier for players to break that "limbo". In D2 you could find items at low levels... that had endgame value. Players could break that limbo a lot easier. Dont get me wrong...the best items werent just falling all over the place... but you didn't have to be farming Act 3 Inferno on MP8-10 with 100K dps...sucks. Having to farm endgame for endgame items makes the hump of progression to efficiency super hard. They need to scrap the current BoA and make BoA plans for items that can get people to 75-80k... but the BoA shouldnt be endgame.
Edited by BannedName#1439 on 3/9/2013 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
03/09/2013 10:31 AMPosted by Glock
Unfortunately the only things that sell in this game are "GG" items
Apparently not.

GG items are so rare that if you do like me and sell plenty of mid-tier items for relatively low cost you might be making more gold per week than if you waited for GG items, unless you have very good gear that allows you to farm efficiently with very high MF.
Reply Quote
It's all grind or RMAH. If SMS prevents you from buying gold, consider buying a second account, use it to buy from the gold spammers using CC, then transfer the gold to your primary account (because your secondary does risk getting revoked for external gold payment).
Reply Quote
(1) The source of gold are botters. They flooded the AH with tons of gold.

(2) Players get rich because they use USD to buy gold from (1).

(3) Players get rich by selling decent items at 100 mil+ for (1) or (2).

(4) Players get rich by selling decent items at 100 mil+ for (1), (2) or (3).

And so on...

Without (1) and (2), there would not be any items which cost more than 100 millions.

Bots are the source of many problems in D3.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately the only things that sell in this game are "GG" items. You need items that are end-game items... items that players see and think "I will use that for a while!"

Just judging from your WD, 41k damage... you arent farming at any sort of efficiency that is going to yield results.

You need to just concentrate on getting your paragon levels up... you need MF... without 300% or so MF you won't be farming Legendary items fast at all. Legendary items are the ones that sell... and some rare rings and weapons.

Hate to say it but at this point the only way to get gear that will let you "farm"... you need to buy gold. I have been saying it since release... one huge issue with this game is that it takes end-game items to farm the end-game items... catch 22. Hopefully with some of the itemization changes it will be easier for players to break that "limbo". In D2 you could find items at low levels... that had endgame value. Players could break that limbo a lot easier. Dont get me wrong...the best items werent just falling all over the place... but you didn't have to be farming Act 3 Inferno on MP8-10 with 100K dps...sucks. Having to farm endgame for endgame items makes the hump of progression to efficiency super hard. They need to scrap the current BoA and make BoA plans for items that can get people to 75-80k... but the BoA shouldnt be endgame.

You can grind end game items with barb without endgame items. Pretty easy to get a barb equipped for fast mp4 runs for 5M gold, which is easily inside the found gold horizon for a relatively small number of hours played.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]