Diablo® III

Why haven't I picked up the nice legends yet?

I'm about 800 hours into the game now and I have not had any of the following "big money" legendaries drop for me.

Calamity
Deadman's Legacy
Manticore
Windforce
The Witching Hour
Mempo of Twilight
Unity
Litany of the Undaunted
Ice Climbers

As a result, I'm stuck with toiling month after month to scrounge up 50 million to buy "sub-par" legendaries and sets for my character. (i.e. saving up 60+ million gold this month to afford a DEX+AR Inna's Temperance). I can solo MP7 with a couple of deaths, but my gear is very mediocre compared to the vast majority of the DH's here on this forum.

Is it because I only play DH and no other class? That I have never spent a dollar in RMAH? That because my gear is subpar that I will only find mediocre legendaries and sets?

I have found everything for Immortal King's, Tal Rasha's, Inna's, Zunimassa's, even our own Natalya's sets, Skorn, Echoing Fury, Stone of Jordan, Mara's, etc but never any of the above mentioned items.

I have found a dozen Vile Wards throughout the months, but zero of the list above. Why?

I've found:

7 Manticores.
3 Calamities.
4 DML
1 Windforce
1 Witching Hour
1 Unity
2 Ice Climbers.

The only good one I've found, is the Witching Hour that my DH is wearing.
So don't worry about it. RNG is a troll.
Reply Quote
At least now we can direct the RNG onto a particular item type by crafting hehe. Still haven found that amulet, shoulder, beaver, or even glove. No upgrades for me. My alt DH is lovin it though
Reply Quote
I had my first and only mempo drop 2 weeks ago.
Never seen a skorn
Had about 7 mantis drop, only 1 "goodish" 1050dps/dex/2 sock
Never seen a WH
Never seen a Zuni ring
Only had 1 nat ring
1 Ice climber
Ive had 5 or 6 Lac prowlers drop. The ones Im wearing were #3. I found my good manti the next day. I was quite happy as that wasnt too long after the leg item fix.

I have terribad luck. Im at about 1:3 ratio between my drops and my friends drops for legendary items.
Reply Quote
Alright so I'm not alone, but can all you above posters who have found those legendaries, especially Manticore, Deadman's Legacy, Calamity, and Windforce tell me did they drop while you played as a DemonHunter?

That's why I posted this question here and I am curious. Thanks for the responses.
Reply Quote
I looked at your list. I haven't seen any of those items drop either. I get excited when I see hand crossbow, but it is always a dawn or balefire. I get excited when I see boots but they are always fire walkers. Now that I think back I may have had a litany drop for me because I had a green ring drop once, was excited it might be a good nats but it was something else and average. As for the other items, I've seen several IK pieces but only one chest that wasn't good, all of the nats pieces but no ring of course. Plenty of vile wards, but only one was really good. Bazillions of the crappy legendaries and lots of Skorns.... I wish good Manticores were as common as good Skorns.
Reply Quote
Alright so I'm not alone, but can all you above posters who have found those legendaries, especially Manticore, Deadman's Legacy, Calamity, and Windforce tell me did they drop while you played as a DemonHunter?

That's why I posted this question here and I am curious. Thanks for the responses.

Every item I listed dropped while playing as a DH.

1 WF
1 Calamity
2 DML
1 5% CC Nat's Helm
1 WH
3 Nat's Embrace

0 Manti/Mempo/Nat's Ring or Unity's though.
Reply Quote
The best item I have ever found was a Blackthornes Duncraig Cross Ammy that netted me enough gold to equip my Wizard. Next best would be my Tals Helm My Wizard is Sporting.

So far I have found :

3 Inna's Temperance, 2 Inna's Radiance , 1 Inna's Reach, 3 Manticores (All Garbage Ones) , 3 Talrasha's Helms including the one on my Wizard, 3 Windforce's, 2 Zunimassa's Visions , 2 Zunnimassa's Boots, Countless Vile Wards,1 Dead Mans Legacy, 1 Calamity (Garbage One) , 3 Skorns, 4 or 5 Echoing Fury's, 3 Lacuni Prowler Bracers, 5 Strongarm Bracers, Countless Firewalkers Boots, 3 Ice Climbers, 2 Nats Boots, 4 or 5 Depth Diggers Pants, 4 Blackthornes Pants, 2 Blackthornes Boots, 3 Shenlong's Fist Weapons , 4 or 5 Won Khim Lau Fist Weapons and lots of Immortal kings stuff (except armor) just to name a few.

Rings & Ammy's : 2 Litany Rings, 1 Wailing Host, 1 Nats Ring, 3 Unity's, 1 Compass Rose, 1 Skull Grasp, 2 Zunimassa'a Pox, 1 SOJ, 1 Blackthornes Duncraig Cross (awesome One), 2 Tals Ammy, 1 Xepherian Ammy, 1 Travelers Pledge Ammy & maybe a couple more I forgot about.

My weakness seems to be getting Chest Armor Drops as I have yet to find Tals, Imortal Kings Inna's or Zunimassa's Chest armors. Belts are also low on my list of drops for some reason. I have gotten 1 Tal's & a couple of Immortal Kings belts but never a Blackthornes , Inna's or Witching Hour. I have yet to find a Mempo's Helm too. But I have only been playing this version of Diablo for about 5 - 6 months so I feel I have been pretty lucky so far.

I have read a lot of post's on people having trouble finding Legs for some unknown reason but I haven't really had that problem. I don't have any MF gear equipped on my characters either. The only MF I have is from the Paragon Levels I have earned. All I can tell you is to keep plugging away at it and your bound to get a decent drop eventually.

I hope someday I can get a CC Mempo to drop. If that or a Witching Hour or a really nice Manticore or Calamity ever drops for me I will probably choke on my coffee, LOL !

I don't think character class has anything to do with the Legendary drops as I have found the a lot of the same Legs with both my DH and Wizard. Just keep playing the game and your luck is bound to change at some point.
Edited by Haybaler#1911 on 3/18/2013 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]