Diablo® III

Storm Crow Vs Mempo

A storm crow with APOC vs Mempo with Critical Chance.

which is better for CM wizards?
( I find Mempo's price too OP)

Apologize if there is a duplicate thread on this.

Thanks In Advance.
Reply Quote
>3-5b+ budget = Mempo
<3-5b+ budget = Storm Crow
Reply Quote
>3-5b+ budget = Mempo

/thread.
Reply Quote
This isn't necessarily true. Storm Crow works for high end wiz too.

Check out my wiz:

http://d3up.com/b/368356#gear

270k dps, 290k dps vs elite
340k ehp, 390k ehp vs elite

Currently, winning a force on AH that puts to me to 280k dps and gives more ehp. Also, keep in mind that I'm at plvl 69, so I have still have 100 more int, and 60 more vit to go.

And there still lots of room for improvement for both dps and ehp with respect to my gear. Could use an AR Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit, a much better Witching Hour, and a much better glove.
Reply Quote
Ehh. Probably depends on what MP you want to be doing.

I went from 2.7APS to 2.2APS after changing a couple items including testing out a stormcrow over mempo and I can still do MP4/5 ( except for act 2 for whatever reason.. act 2 kicks my butt ) but can spam more meteors than before so my damage MIGHT be higher.. And I dont really care about perma freeze atm.
Reply Quote
View profile
^what niko and booz said

I beat all mempo users in DPS and EHP who dont spend over 3-5B for about 1-1.5b.

I actually gave away my 5CC mempo to tekk and sold my apoc source - coulda gone mempo but I will remain a vigilant supporter of the Crow.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/19/2013 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
>3-5b+ budget = Mempo

This is true.

Actually storm crow with int/vita chantodo's may edge out even the top end mempos on dps, but the mempo/apoc source combo will win for EHP.
Reply Quote
dagger users sc ftw!
Reply Quote
View profile
This isn't necessarily true. Storm Crow works for high end wiz too.

Check out my wiz:

http://d3up.com/b/368356#gear

270k dps, 290k dps vs elite
340k ehp, 390k ehp vs elite

Currently, winning a force on AH that puts to me to 280k dps and gives more ehp. Also, keep in mind that I'm at plvl 69, so I have still have 100 more int, and 60 more vit to go.

And there still lots of room for improvement for both dps and ehp with respect to my gear. Could use an AR Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit, a much better Witching Hour, and a much better glove.

You consider that high end? High end DPS maybe but terrible mit. Look at niko for high end.

I already know my cap is about 250K dps with 90% mit and over 500K EHP using my OS wand and if i efver make a trifecta ammy... Only way to go higher and save mit is mempo.

You cant have it all with SC
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/19/2013 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
add 360 gold for vanishing dye to your budget if you go with Storm Crow!
Reply Quote
Which is why I said there's a lot of room for improvement. I can get 150 more AR from chest and glove. 200 more vit from shoulders and belt.

I can probably go up to 400k ehp and 500k ehp vs elite?
Reply Quote
Storm Crow with a black weapon.
Reply Quote
Have you all checked 6 CC SC prices recently? Getting tougher to recommend it as a budget helm, that's for sure.
Reply Quote
come on people, you know you really just want to run andys
Reply Quote
In fact, I just simulated it for you.

Add 250 more vit (250 vit split between plvls, belt, and shoulders).
Add 150 more ar (75 from chest and glove).

I would be at 470k ehp, and 541k ehp vs elite.
Reply Quote
got a almost perfect(10apoc,8%,460LOH, 4% elite) but 5.5 storm crow for 35 million , 6 % mliion with same stat is almost 200m...

but still not using it...
Edited by Maas#1175 on 3/19/2013 10:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Which is why I said there's a lot of room for improvement. I can get 150 more AR from chest and glove. 200 more vit from shoulders and belt.

I can probably go up to 400k ehp and 500k ehp vs elite?

You have a very nice wiz orb dont get me wrong but we cant compete with 30% life and 80 additional AR at the highest ends. (EHP wise)

Because like say u upgrade to AR inna's and AR ARMOR tal Rashy chest to put you in cruise never die mode then you lose a lot of VIT and DPS.

DPS wise no problem. Frostbrun proved that.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/19/2013 10:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well to be honest, I don't think my wizard is high end yet. All I'm saying is that it's possible to make a high end wiz with Storm Crow.

It's possible to keep Chest at same stats and add in 75 AR. I saw a Tal Rasha Pursuit at 180 int, 280 vit, 75 ar, and 9 ias on AH for 2 bil, no buy out (so, slow win, probably a mistake by someone who doesn't know how to price). It was probably worth 4bil but I didn't get the chance to make the bid :(.

And it's possible to add AR to glove without losing current stats as well. And my Witching Hour is missing vit and my Vile Ward is missing double vit.

I could use that WH catbin was selling on RMAH for $200, but that's too much for me.
Edited by orb#1118 on 3/19/2013 10:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Well to be honest, I don't think my wizard is high end yet. All I'm saying is that it's possible to make a high end wiz with Storm Crow.

It's possible to keep Chest at same stats and add in 75 AR. I saw a Tal Rasha Pursuit at 180 int, 280 vit, 75 ar, and 9 ias on AH for 2 bil, no buy out (so, slow win, probably a mistake by someone who doesn't know how to price). It was probably worth 4bil but I didn't get the chance to make the bid :(.

And it's possible to add AR to glove without losing current stats as well. And my Witching Hour is missing vit and my Vile Ward is missing double vit.

I could use that WH catbin was selling on RMAH for $200, but that's too much for me.

You're prolly correct. I go back an forth on this a bit but i dont think you'll ever have 600K EHP 90% mit and 300K dps like Niko and a few others with crow no matter whats out there. Like I have to "cheat" myself to 90% with litany and lose a ton of DPS doing it. I've worked all the numbers in Kliebles excellent calculator - and about 250-280K is max using best parts and my OS wand with crow.

Lets just say this

Mempo EHP build
Crow flexibility build
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/19/2013 10:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Hey orb check me out now.. wearing almost same mit/EHP same dps...such a struggle to get EHP as you raise with Crow. 30% life and 80AR would be a real life saver...hehe
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]