Diablo® III

Storm Crow Vs Mempo

Yea, your current Crow build would benefit more from Mempho. I don't deny that.

But I have a full 85k more ehp than you do against elites with Litany. Been a lurker here, I remember sometime ago, didn't you say you wouldn't give up Litany to reach 300k dps? =P.

That's what I inspired me to keep both Litany and Crow when I was planning my build, haha.

Like I said, Gearwise (not counting plvl stats) I'm 150 AR, and 180 Vit away from >500k ehp against elites (done in simulation). Need 3-4 more pieces, but you were the inspiration for keeping the Litany. And the ammy I have is a key piece to make the whole build work.

Use Unstable Anomaly and Safe Passage to help yourself out ;).
Edited by orb#1118 on 3/19/2013 11:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 11:11 AMPosted by Aimless
Hey orb check me out now.. wearing almost same mit/EHP same dps...such a struggle to get EHP as you raise with Crow. 30% life and 80AR would be a real life saver...hehe
That's why I didn't really want to go Crow, and went the Mempo route. I know I'm losing out on DPS, but it seemed a lot harder to get the EHP+IAS/CC level I wanted. I don't remember who posted it, but I think it's pretty true that players have to pick three out of the four:
1.) Good Freezing Power (>High IAS or CC)
2.) High EHP
3.) High DPS
4.) Low Cost
Even for people that don't have billions, a Storm Crow setup just doesn't afford the same EHP as Mempo, so you're biasing yourself towards choosing 1, 3, and 4. Meanwhile mid-tier wizards with non-CC mempos are often choosing 1+2+4, and end up compromising their DPS.
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 3/19/2013 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Litany is the bomb but no way to get 300 with it and have stats i enjoy playing with. i'll be really pleased with my build once i craft a IAS ammy so I can use OS wand and still maintain 90% mit and over 500K EHP... 600 is even possible if I go a chest like you describe.
Reply Quote
Yes I agree with you TekkZero and I would say a good Crow setup would be 1, 2, and 3. I only replied to this thread because some notable Wiz users here, like Boozer and Niko, that I've been following for sometime has been advocating for Mempho with 3-5 bil budget over Crow.

I just saying that that's not necessarily true and that it's possible to build a good Crow set with that budget; it just takes more careful planning.

I'm just using myself as an example because I'm close (not in gold but in gear pieces) to being comparable to those other wizards.
Edited by orb#1118 on 3/19/2013 11:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Storm Crow is the only piece where you can get LoH without giving up DPS.
Reply Quote
Also Aimless, ditch the Lacuni and craft an AR+Armor bracers?
Reply Quote
I get 240 vit out of SC plus my Non-APOC force, which goes a long way towards making up the EHP loss from the Mempo, I think. It really comes down to the 80 AR affix from the Mempo versus the LOH affix from the bird hat.
Reply Quote
it's been awhile since I played around with the calculations but from what I remember, it came down to the socket on the mempo providing up to 19%life.
Reply Quote
Well to be honest, I don't think my wizard is high end yet. All I'm saying is that it's possible to make a high end wiz with Storm Crow.

It's possible to keep Chest at same stats and add in 75 AR. I saw a Tal Rasha Pursuit at 180 int, 280 vit, 75 ar, and 9 ias on AH for 2 bil, no buy out (so, slow win, probably a mistake by someone who doesn't know how to price). It was probably worth 4bil but I didn't get the chance to make the bid :(.

And it's possible to add AR to glove without losing current stats as well. And my Witching Hour is missing vit and my Vile Ward is missing double vit.

I could use that WH catbin was selling on RMAH for $200, but that's too much for me.

If you saw that Tals and didn't insta-buy it for 2b youre a fool
Reply Quote
Well to be honest, I don't think my wizard is high end yet. All I'm saying is that it's possible to make a high end wiz with Storm Crow.

It's possible to keep Chest at same stats and add in 75 AR. I saw a Tal Rasha Pursuit at 180 int, 280 vit, 75 ar, and 9 ias on AH for 2 bil, no buy out (so, slow win, probably a mistake by someone who doesn't know how to price). It was probably worth 4bil but I didn't get the chance to make the bid :(.

And it's possible to add AR to glove without losing current stats as well. And my Witching Hour is missing vit and my Vile Ward is missing double vit.

I could use that WH catbin was selling on RMAH for $200, but that's too much for me.

If you saw that Tals and didn't insta-buy it for 2b youre a fool

Ugh, don't tell me about it :(. By the time I wanted to buy, I had to bid 2,100,000,000 and of course that's not possible.
Reply Quote
That's prob #1 or 2 on DP
Reply Quote
View profile
03/19/2013 12:04 PMPosted by orb
Also Aimless, ditch the Lacuni and craft an AR+Armor bracers?

Haha I wouldnt wear that glass setup it was just for example to show how ez dps is. I'm embarrassed to be seen without 5000 armor like walking around with a ugly GF.

Naw man I'll get AR ARMOR lacuni and make/buy a good tri b4 I use open socket wand. retain 90% retain over 500K EHP and add a little DPS.
Reply Quote
@ Aimless,

Why dont you trade that 1 socket in your BT pants for 300 armor?

I think thats a pretty easy trade off for armor.
Reply Quote
View profile
I cant find right ones.Needs 12% life, 460+ LOH 75+ AR and 800 armor there are like 5.

I wish phile would log on again and sell me his pants.

Problem is booz when i move to a AR ARMOR lacuni no lacuni has my bracers armor so i need to overcompensate.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/19/2013 2:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
what you are asking will cost few hundred mils, you have to compensate with something to get a cheap item. (regarding BT pants)
Edited by WatchMeBlink#2555 on 3/19/2013 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I cant find right ones.Needs 12% life, 460+ LOH 75+ AR and 800 armor there are like 5.

I wish phile would log on again and sell me his pants.

Problem is booz when i move to a AR ARMOR lacuni no lacuni has my bracers armor so i need to overcompensate.

yea I agree AR/super armor BT pants go for ridiculous amounts... as soon as the first number is 8xx, prices go through the roof. Let alone ones with awesome loh/life %.

Perhaps armor on WH since they roll quite well 550-600 armor WH are not uncommon (factoring in STR affix)

AR/armor lacs still expensive as well for decent ones. Most likely have to settle for a 60AR/450armor lacu or something, too hard to find and most ppl are unwilling to get rid of such items.
Reply Quote
Or just go down to 4.5k Armor and be happy with it ! If I can't get to 5k, I'd better go down to 4.5k and pump something else lol
Reply Quote
View profile
Now you guys see problem with Crow - its not the mit build. I have yet to see high dps high mit with one
Reply Quote
True that, because instead of Rare bracers you have to use Lacuni for IAS, so DPS loss and in your case, Armor loss because yours have awesome Armor. If you use AR/Armor lacuni, expect to lose like 6k DPS compare to well-crafted Rare bracers. And if you use Intel lacuni, no Armor !

I faced such a dilemma, so I switched to Rare bracers for both DPS and (hopefully) Armor. Still, I need to be lucky, but it will eventually happen.
Reply Quote
View profile
Another good is example is chest required to get mempos massive 30% life back. You're talking about a 4b gold chest with NO ARMOR.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]