Diablo® III

suggestion : cross act farming

Hey guys,
Im probably not the only one who thought about it but i would love a lot to be able to farm different act while not quitting the game.

Would be nice if once youve completed example inferno you start a game in act 3 clear arreat and tower places and i decide i feel like heading to kill keywarden in act 1 then head to act 2 to kill belial...all without leaving my game!
Of course once youve kill something in the game it doesnt repop like you cant kill the boss more then once in the same game.
Cross act traveling could be available only once youve successfully clear a difficulty like hell or inferno
It would add alot of diversity in people farming route!

Anyone else on same page about that?

Just though id share an idea that some others might think about

Anti
Edited by Antiguy#1356 on 3/19/2013 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I usually never farm individual bosses, for say keys; I'll clear out all the dense parts of the act with it.

So I don't really care either way, it's just 5NV to restack that takes like 8min.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
This was abused to death in D2 by the botters,dupers and exploiters. I'm guessing this is why we don't have it now. Same can be said for dial up boss's. Btw this idea has been thought of and mentioned many many times.
Reply Quote
I think they did this to prevent users from being able to rush other characters to level 60. In this game you have to play through it all, in d2 you could have 1 person wp to the boss then tp in to kill the boss.

I think that they should open it up as a new end game type quest that allows you to go through all acts. That way they you cant rush anyone, plus i see an issue with act 4. In act 4 you use the same town as act3, that would create an issue between act3 way points and act 4 way points. The only work around would be to have different tabs like in d2, but thats about the only issue i see that could complicate things.
Reply Quote
Actually people been saying this for ages. I've said it a couple of times too.

I think they did this to prevent users from being able to rush other characters to level 60. In this game you have to play through it all, in d2 you could have 1 person wp to the boss then tp in to kill the boss.

I think that they should open it up as a new end game type quest that allows you to go through all acts. That way they you cant rush anyone, plus i see an issue with act 4. In act 4 you use the same town as act3, that would create an issue between act3 way points and act 4 way points. The only work around would be to have different tabs like in d2, but thats about the only issue i see that could complicate things.

Interesting point about Act 4. Though i cant imagine it being that hard to combine the 2 acts, or just have co existing towns. Might feel abit illogical lol
Reply Quote
Hey guys, Im probably not the only one who thought about it but i would love a lot to be able to farm different act while not quitting the game.Would be nice if once youve completed example inferno you start a game in act 3 clear arreat and tower places and i decide i feel like heading to kill keywarden in act 1 then head to act 2 to kill belial...all without leaving my game!Of course once youve kill something in the game it doesnt repop like you cant kill the boss more then once in the same game.Cross act traveling could be available only once youve successfully clear a difficulty like hell or infernoIt would add alot of diversity in people farming route!Anyone else on same page about that?Just though id share an idea that some others might think aboutAnti

Of course.

You never played D2 did you?
This is exactly what WayPoints in D2 allowed.

03/19/2013 07:01 PMPosted by mat82284
I think that they should open it up as a new end game type quest that allows you to go through all acts. That way they you cant rush anyone

That would be acceptable.
Reply Quote
Posted by mat82284
I think that they should open it up as a new end game type quest that allows you to go through all acts. That way they you cant rush anyone

That would be acceptable.

Alot of games have this kind of feature. Like a free ride mode in Mafia. When u finish the game, you get to roam around and do watever you like
Reply Quote
It just goes to show how much D3 is out of touch. OP didnt even play D2 and is able to realize how restrictive D3 is.
Reply Quote
No sandboxing in this game period, they want you to go on rails for all characters eventhough you finished the whole game with 1 character.

Its a real bore to start with a new character right up to inferno, doing the exact same thing.
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 07:36 PMPosted by Starico
It just goes to show how much D3 is out of touch. OP didnt even play D2 and is able to realize how restrictive D3 is.

I was just guessing that the OP didnt play D2.

I do find it ironic that many posters who "apparently" never played D2 make game suggestions that would give us EXACTLY what D2/D2 LoD already had!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]