Diablo® III

After Playing HOTS...Really? *This* Is How You Boss!

90 Human Rogue
Just finished a mission called 'Supreme'. In the game, on Hard mode, I've had 5 epic boss fights (no spoilers) against awesome, varied and mechanical bosses that really made me appreciate just how good this sort of stuff could be.

And it made me think of Diablo...in a bad way. One of the things that I disliked about the game was just how samey and unoriginal the bosses were mechanically.

Blizzard - why didn't you get *these* guys to work on D3?
Reply Quote
Because they're already busy working on Starcraft II?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
What I mean is that why do you have people making awesome ARPG boss fights in Starcraft? They would have been better off here.
Reply Quote
I think this is valid feedback. +1
Reply Quote
Great. Now we have WoW accounts posting Starcraft 2 reviews in Diablo 3 forums.
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 04:34 PMPosted by vexorian

WoW, SC, and D3 are all the same account (battle.net). He/she chose to use a WoW avatar, which has nothing to do with anything, its a picture, simple as that.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'll be playing HotS later tonight or tomorrow! I'm so excited!
Reply Quote
The PC version was always meant for console therefore all the fights had to be dumbed down. You can't have complex mechanics on console because you can't control your character the same way as you would with a mouse and keyboard.

Another way to look at it is when are you ever attacking and defending at the same time on console? You're not, you're either attacking OR you're defending. PC enables you to do both = fights can be made more technical.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
03/12/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Hazekiller

WoW, SC, and D3 are all the same account (battle.net). He/she chose to use a WoW avatar, which has nothing to do with anything, its a picture, simple as that.

It honestly has more to do with me being too lazy to switch over :).

And it's not a Starcraft review. It's a comparison.
Reply Quote
<- My D3 Account (well, not my main, I have a CE account with an authenticator but not at work).

03/12/2013 04:41 PMPosted by DoomBringer
I'll be playing HotS later tonight or tomorrow! I'm so excited!

It's really good. Also sad, because in a lot of places it's a better ARPG than Diablo 3 :|. Play it on hard, wait for the mission called Supreme.

This is how you do a boss fight.
Reply Quote
View profile
I just picked up the Heat Of The Swarm Collectors Edition. Installing as we speak.

I'm glad to see a lot of loyal gamers out there.

Mad props to you sir for having all 3. ( WoW, SC2, and D3 )
Reply Quote
View profile
Can't wait to use my Wings Of Blades on my Witch Doctor + Vile Wards.

Definitely going to look like a BOSS!

My Monk already have the Angel Wings.
Edited by ÐãŖĸŤèMþĻåŔ#1791 on 3/12/2013 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Heart of the Swarm is a better ARPG than Diablo 3. It's also an RTS, not an ARPG.
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 07:22 AMPosted by Sórrow
And it made me think of Diablo...in a bad way. One of the things that I disliked about the game was just how samey and unoriginal the bosses were mechanically.

Agreed.

Some of the bosses in D3 aren't really varied and are a bit boring.

Would've been cool if before fighting the boss, the boss would randomly select abilities so that their is more randomization and replay ability.
Reply Quote
I found a boss that very similar to Belial fight in Hots.... I was like... really?

Guess what... Instead of Q W E, I did 1234 spam which of course fails. (Likely because my mind is on auto D3 mode in excessive paragon level farming)
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 04:34 PMPosted by vexorian

He just rolled trifecta; how does this make you feel?
Reply Quote
So is starcraft not a Real Time Strategy game anymore with units and base making? If it's now an Action RPG I imagine Jeremy from Pure Pwnage would be rolling in his grave right now
Edited by Mullmachine#1389 on 3/12/2013 6:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I found a boss that very similar to Belial fight in Hots.... I was like... really?Guess what... Instead of Q W E, I did 1234 spam which of course fails. (Likely because my mind is on auto D3 mode in excessive paragon level farming)

Except that that boss is actually more varied mechanically than Belial, is more challenging (at least on the difficulty I played) and most importantly is actually introduced to the players in a manner that makes them care about the confrotation before they fight him :|

Although I did feel a momentary panic when he didn't drop anything.
Reply Quote
Just finished a mission called 'Supreme'. In the game, on Hard mode, I've had 5 epic boss fights (no spoilers) against awesome, varied and mechanical bosses that really made me appreciate just how good this sort of stuff could be.

Blizzard - why didn't you get *these* guys to work on D3?

Blizzard South? They did work on Diablo 3 unless I'm mistaken.
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 06:40 PMPosted by Mullmachine
So is starcraft not a Real Time Strategy game anymore with units and base making? If it's now an Action RPG I imagine Jeremy from Pure Pwnage would be rolling in his grave right now

It's still an RTS, but there are a lot of ARPG style missions, a D3 style talent list etc. for the main character. There are also 2 missions in particular that have some really wicked bosses that look and feel better than the majority of the fights in Diablo 3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]