Diablo® III

Movement Speed

Get rid of the movement speed cap. And/or allow movement speed to roll in higher numbers than 12%.

Please. More fun.

Allowing them to roll in higher numbers means you are still not forced to stack it on more than two items to still get an effective boost.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8198729793
^ Awesome idea. Thanks Wtflag.
Edited by Snoofo#1164 on 3/16/2013 11:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
While were're at it I should be able to fly... or at least ride on something.
Reply Quote
Lol wow there are so many trolls on Diablos forums!

Every post I make the first response is some sarcastic remark implying nothing should be changed don't you have anything better to do?
Reply Quote
yup

+1 OP

its pretty easy to get 3 items with 10-12% mov boots/innas/powllers/compass rose/flavor of time ammy/some 2hand mace - mix and match any amount and only 2 are effective.

itemization at its worst.
Reply Quote
yup

+1 OP

its pretty easy to get 3-4 items with 10-12% mov boots/innas/powllers/compass rose/flavor of time ammy/some 2hand mace/300th spear i think - mix and match any amount and only 2 are effective.

itemization at its worst.
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
Mmm good post. :D
Reply Quote
Please do something to allow us to move faster!
Reply Quote
I think movement speed is fine. The moment we get used to the faster movement speed, we will always want to be faster and faster. We need to limit ourselves to what is good for everyone.
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 11:37 PMPosted by Pulis
I think movement speed is fine. The moment we get used to the faster movement speed, we will always want to be faster and faster. We need to limit ourselves to what is good for everyone.

no...we need no limits on fun. if my dh can run faster and kill more crap, then awesome. besides there are ways around the speed cap for class builds so saying what is good for everyone is just another means of class limitation.
Reply Quote
I like to move fast. Lol

But in all seriousness, can't we at least have a player movement speed cap?

Reply Quote
I think the issue is party play... If I have 0 movement speed added and you have let's say 65% movement speed added there is no possible way for me to keep up with you and that will REQUIRE me to also have 40-80% movement speed to play with you. movement speed now becomes a requirement needed on any item that can roll it and thus diversity goes away.. again.
Reply Quote
Nobody runs with none.

Having it on boots is pretty much mandatory. And getting it on something else is the only way to go through acts without spending more time running than fighting.

Allowing people to have a choice of more is freedom. Already barbs and monks can run away from a WD so it'd be no different to how it is now in Multiplayer.
Reply Quote
D2 had wicked fast run speed and somehow survived to this day. Barbs with sprint and wrath should be easily achievable for run speed for everyone imo, makes things fast paced and fun.
Reply Quote
agree
Reply Quote
I want the Fleeting Shrine speed bonus as the max cap for items XD

Of course, Goblins should still be faster.
Reply Quote
I was playing D2 the other day, on a fresh char with no bonuses the running speed seemed incredibly fast compared to this.

Imo they should at least give us a built in extra 25% movement speed, or 50% if they want to remove it as a stat from items because it's currently bad itemization.

The game is just more fun that way. Right now if you are anything other than a barb there is just too much time in between packs of mobs, and between dead ends.
Reply Quote
Well said Broseidon. Every class should be able to max out a PLAYER movement speed cap. So no matter what skills or gear you have, there is a cap to all combined movement bonus.
Reply Quote
No way 50% INCLUDING skills. Make it like 40-50% without skills and 80-100% including skills.

If not just a 80-100% total cap. In this situation players like barbs, no matter how much gear they stack, plus all their skills etc. they can't exceed the 80-100% cap, yet other classes can stack the crap out of gear if they want and be able to keep up?

Fair?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]