Diablo® III

PVP Tournament (Current Prize-pool = 4.5b)

Well said bro. As a long time competitive gamer, I certainly enjoy the PvP Diablo has to offer but it has lots of room for improvement. IMO, until there's team PvP and/or balancing it'll just be an alternative to PvE on occasion. Anyways, I do look forward to watching the tournament play out. Best of luck!
Khaela#1444
Twitch.TV/Twerkulatorr
Team PPF & vVv Gaming
Reply Quote
Great idea Manner!
Reply Quote
Updated list of possible contestants I know or sorta know (alphabetical order):

Barbarian: MCM (MannerCookieMonster), Tbone, wutongshu, Zee
Demon Hunter: BLKDRGN, Cyon, Iria, Myon, MysticaL, REVRAC
Monk: KimSulki84, Mafia, Rice, Viri
Witch Doctor: DoYouLift, TheRisen, Vince
Wizard: Macacocaco (still no other Wizards I know)
Reply Quote

Why not add those pvp dummy wizard such as Archon and Manson?

Kone and Kira are pretty good barb too, better than wutongshu at least.

For Monk you can ask Fritz
Reply Quote
I'll start adding people to the list when I see their names get nominated multiple times.
Reply Quote
stay dodging
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 08:46 AMPosted by MannerCookie
Macacocaco (BTAG?)

MacacoCaco#1683
Reply Quote
03/28/2013 09:21 PMPosted by ArchPau
Macacocaco (BTAG?)

MacacoCaco#1683

Last I spoke with MacacoCaco he said he sold his PVP gear a while ago and directed me to duel Decablo saying he was the only wiz to beat him.
Reply Quote

I like this list

I would add:
NIUBIHUO for Barb
Decablo for Wizard

Maybe in addition to gold donations from people that want to watch the tournament, charge 50M per player for participation?

I'm sure at this point anyone in this list can afford that, for competition sake!
Edited by MysticaL#1298 on 3/28/2013 10:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I like this list

I would add:
NIUBIHUO for Barb
Decablo for Wizard

Maybe in addition to gold donations from people that want to watch the tournament, charge 50M per player for participation?

I'm sure at this point anyone in this list can afford that, for competition sake!

Prizepool up to 400m now, I expect it to reach over 1b when I'm done talking to everyone on my list.

I think it'll be competitive enough with the prizepool big enough, but I'm open to a entrance fee to make it even larger.

Maybe 25-50m sounds good.

Keep nominating people to the list guys.
Edited by MannerCookie#1362 on 3/28/2013 11:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
THE Gucci

Gucci#1537 (WD)

I'm in it, to !@#$ faces for money.
Edited by Gucci#1537 on 3/28/2013 11:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Any chance the leftover players can do a 2nd rate tournament? I don't want to be left out!
Reply Quote
from the people i have encountered in the pubs, i would vouch for niubihou and a wd called darkhorse.
Reply Quote
Oh yeah, I saw your rules video Manner, nice solid rules. However, I have a strategy that could potentially grief you with those rules.

My Impale - Impact spec and strategy is very strong against Barbs (ask Tbone, and a few others) unless the Barb uses Juggernaut, at which point it is completely useless! However, by using Juggernaut, the Barb loses a valuable passive slot that could have been for Relentless (no smart Barb will give up Inspiring Presence or Unforgiving). If the Barb doesn't have Relentless, I have a stronger chance at victory with Impale - Chemical Burn due to lower EHP (especially at low life). So here is the idea:

• If Barb uses Juggernaut and I use Impact -> Barb wins or I can just run the clock to draw with vault stun combo and running.
  • If Barb doesn't use Juggernaut and I use Impact -> Barb at disadvantage (stun-lock eats Barb).
  • If Barb uses Juggernaut and I use Chemical Burn -> Barb at disadvantage (less EHP from wasted passive).
  • If Barb doesn't use Juggernaut and I use Chemical Burn -> Barb at advantage if they kite the damage away during relentless.

• So here is the idea, I would have to randomly pick a rune for Impale and hope I get a favorable match-up and if I don't have the favorable one, I would need to just run the clock for 5 minutes (hard but not impossible if I play very defensively). So what are your opinions on this? (I know that you could probably win against me in both of those "unfavorable to Barb" scenarios but this is for the sake of argument.)
    Edited by Iria#1342 on 3/29/2013 1:31 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    i want in for WD...ill give you gold in game tmrw(sat)
    Reply Quote
    Hey Manner, I'll sponsor 250M.
    Reply Quote
    Oh yeah, I saw your rules video Manner, nice solid rules. However, I have a strategy that could potentially grief you with those rules.

My Impale - Impact spec and strategy is very strong against Barbs (ask Tbone, and a few others) unless the Barb uses Juggernaut, at which point it is completely useless! However, by using Juggernaut, the Barb loses a valuable passive slot that could have been for Relentless (no smart Barb will give up Inspiring Presence or Unforgiving). If the Barb doesn't have Relentless, I have a stronger chance at victory with Impale - Chemical Burn due to lower EHP (especially at low life). So here is the idea:

• If Barb uses Juggernaut and I use Impact -> Barb wins or I can just run the clock to draw with vault stun combo and running.
  • If Barb doesn't use Juggernaut and I use Impact -> Barb at disadvantage (stun-lock eats Barb).
  • If Barb uses Juggernaut and I use Chemical Burn -> Barb at disadvantage (less EHP from wasted passive).
  • If Barb doesn't use Juggernaut and I use Chemical Burn -> Barb at advantage if they kite the damage away during relentless.

• So here is the idea, I would have to randomly pick a rune for Impale and hope I get a favorable match-up and if I don't have the favorable one, I would need to just run the clock for 5 minutes (hard but not impossible if I play very defensively). So what are your opinions on this? (I know that you could probably win against me in both of those "unfavorable to Barb" scenarios but this is for the sake of argument.)

You can change spec midway...just endure the cooldown but not 5 mins
    Reply Quote
    @Iria

the fact that your thinking already about the rock/paper/scissor element is good and imo I want to keep that in tact.

Now problems with ppl going fully defensive and running clock when they are in unfavorable situation because of what each other spec/gear, is I think an interesting part of the matches.

Keep up all the good discussions on rules guys, we'll slowly put this together.

@jco

updated your pledge

@killvana

there is no buying into the tournament, it's invitational and the community will vote on who participates.
    Reply Quote
    I'll put 100m too.

BTW, I saw this DH has huge pvp dummy http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/kamikaze-6577/Masamune/19350098

Why don't we invite him in?
    Reply Quote
    I'll put 100m too.

BTW, I saw this DH has huge pvp dummy http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/kamikaze-6577/Masamune/19350098

Why don't we invite him in?

Added you to the list.

Maybe some ppl should try dueling him and see if he should be nominated.

Not sure I've dueled him.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]