Diablo® III

Wizards female voice plays Aya in Green Lantern series

I been a fan of the Green Lantern animated series and found out today they the voice of Aya (android) is the same one who plays the voice of the female wizard in Diablo 3. That's cool.
Reply Quote
The German male voice of the Barbarian played the voice of the Goliath in the Gargoyles series.

Blizzard really payed a lot to get the famous voice actors, at least for the German version. I guess its the same for the other language version of the game. Explains where most of the money from the developed went ...
Reply Quote
Grey DeLisle is one of the best female voice actors out there. She's done tons of stuff, from Daphne in Scooby Doo to Marvel/DC to Bioware and Blizzard games. Always seems to get a great feel for the character and her vocal tones and inflections are fantastic. IMO

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0217221/
Reply Quote
This is one feature I think the game has done quite well. The female wiz brings a smile to my face with her cockiness, then when she gets in a bit of trouble she starts to panic a bit. Some people have complained a bit about the voice acting, but I think it's far better than most games I've played.
Reply Quote
Ya, Grey DeLisle is awesome. She's also the voice of Princess Azula in Avatar: The Last Airbender cartoon series, which is one of the best shows Nickelodeon has ever produced.

I didn't realize she was Daphne in Scooby Doo though, that's really cool.
Reply Quote
When is Blizzard following up on the voice acting write ups? I really enjoyed reading about the cast. My guess is that all the haters who responded with "worst voice acting ever" ruined it. Blizzard didn't want to put more of the cast through any abuse.
Reply Quote
im pretty sure the voice of the spider demon before belial is the same as ventress on the clone wars series.
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 12:41 PMPosted by Ragic
im pretty sure the voice of the spider demon before belial is the same as ventress on the clone wars series.

Cydaea? She's voiced by Claudia Black, who was Aeryn Sun on Farscape and has also done a bunch of stuff for games, Bioware in particular that I can remember recently. Morrigan in Dragon Age and one of the Quarian leaders in Mass Effect for example. She has that sultry smokers voice that makes the Mistress of Pain both sexy and repulsive at the same time. ;)

And Leah was Jennifer Hale, who is FemShep in ME, among countless other things.

Alot of good talent (James Hong, anyone?), too bad not all of them were that good. I'm looking at you, Tyrael.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2186735/fullcredits
Reply Quote
View profile
While we're on the subject of voice actors, the voice of the MALE Wizard is Crispin Freeman, amazing voice actor, guy plays parts in games, anime...and one of my other favorite voice actors, Steve Blum, does the voice of Zoltan Kulle. Jennifer Hale is Leah. Hell yes, Claudia Black as Cydaea, really awesome job there.

Surprisingly good cast

Eh, I think the only one who isn't voiced well is Tyrael, but given his character, I can kinda forgive it.
Reply Quote
I named my male wizard (voiced by Crispin Freeman) Zelgadas, named after a wizard in the anime Slayers, who was also voiced by Crispin Freeman lol.
Reply Quote
Agreed Grey DeLisle is awesome at what she does. Every line from the female wizard just felt perfectly fit, she even embellished some of the poorly written cheesy lines, without her the certain moments wouldn't be quite conveying as they are now.

On a side note, I would recommend blizzard to hire Russell Peters for the voice acting of Covetous Shen, he does a far more entertaining job doing Chinese accent impressions than the current actor, ironically it's James Hong. James no doubt is a great actor, but with too much hollywood influence.
Reply Quote
Grey DeLisle (Now Grey DeLisle-Griffin, it seems) is my favorite voice actress as well. Tara Strong is a close contender, but Grey is far more enjoyable. She's the reason I even rolled a female Wiz to begin with.

Agreed Grey DeLisle is awesome at what she does. Every line from the female wizard just felt perfectly fit, she even embellished some of the poorly written cheesy lines, without her the certain moments wouldn't be quite conveying as they are now.

On a side note, I would recommend blizzard to hire Russell Peters for the voice acting of Covetous Shen, he does a far more entertaining job doing Chinese accent impressions than the current actor, ironically it's James Hong. James no doubt is a great actor, but with too much hollywood influence.

"Hey! You be a man!"

Russel Peters always cracks me up.
Edited by Demetirus#1677 on 3/22/2013 12:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]