Diablo® III

Account Bound Items: Allow "Search for Similar Items"!!

I understand these account bound items cannot be sold on the auction house. What I do not understand is why we are unable to right click on them and choose Search for Similar Items. You can't even see the stats on the items if you put the mouse icon on top of them.

Why do we lose basic features like this just because the items are bound to our account? If you want to keep the red overlay to show they cannot be sold, that's fine. But this is ridiculous. Please fix this, Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Yeah. I get that they can have higher stats than dropped rares. I wouldn't mind if its primary stat would default to 0/empty if I did a Search for Similar, then I can just add the number I'm looking for.

Not being able to mouse over them and see their stats is sort of a pain; when I want to double-check what I have, I put up an empty search for that slot and mouse over one of the results to glance at the comparison tool. That's an extra search done unnecessarily, to get the same tooltip that I should be able to get on a mouseover.
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 3/18/2013 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah they should actually have "search for similar" be able to base stats off crafts we make, as well as legendaries.
Reply Quote
I know the crafted stuff can roll higher, but it still helps a lot by auto-filling the search parameters. Then I can manually adjust the numbers. It's a great time saver when my item has five or six properties.
Edited by Pockey#1306 on 3/18/2013 11:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Also would be nice if the stats filled in when you search for similar with legendaries... but i guess that's going to take some work to add all the correct properties to the search parameters eh?
Reply Quote
Yep. Everything that's already been said +1
Reply Quote
Any chance to get this fixed?
Reply Quote
I put a marquise gem in my weapons, now I can't use those to look for upgrades anymore. weeee
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Yep, maybe they can fix/add this while they are improving the compare item function.
Reply Quote
and to think...we have a totally wasted PTR that could be used before implementing any changes. I guarantee the d3 community would oick out any and all game flaws with ample time to address them b4 live
Reply Quote
Just search for the item type you want to replace / compare. Then mouse over a random item and you'll see your equipped account bound item. Place those stats into the filter and see how much it costs to upgrade
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]