Diablo® III

Diablo III Game Freeze (R.I.P Oshun)

I've had my game freeze a couple of times in the past 2 weeks and this is quite literally a grave concern as I'm playing hardcore.

The second freeze which occured last Saturday has claimed the life of my faithful Witchdoctor, Oshun.

As she's already been reborn, I'd like to do my best to ensure that the game stops freezing in the future. I have a fairly powerful and stable gaming PC, so I'm just making this post to see if there's any kind of diagnosis/steps that be can be done/taken to see why it's been locking up/prevent it from happening.

Thanks
Edited by Chimaeric#1903 on 3/18/2013 5:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've also had this problem for quite some time..
I've lost 5-6 lvl 60 characters due to the game freezing and having the 10 second delay before the character leaves the game. I did some looking around and it could be due to a corruption in the diablo 3 cache.
I deleted and reinstalled the cache and it was better for a few weeks but just today my game is starting to freeze again, the result was the loss of my barbarian haha. You can try to delete the cache it may work for you.
Reply Quote
Chimaeric, try testing your computer RAM by using memtest86+. I was having D3 freeze a few times and the reason is I have a bad RAM stick, so I replaced it with a new one. Never did I encountered D3 freezing since then.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]