Diablo® III

[Video] - MP10 CotA farming with a plvl100 Monk

- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Hey everyone!

I have gotten a lot of requests to make a video about farming MP10 CotA and here it is:

http://youtu.be/AUQAGepff84

I use a relatively unique build that can be seen here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Druin-1518/hero/2296

or here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#VcWSfh!dbX!ZZbYZc

While MP10 can be pretty tough for many monks in the mid-gear range, this build is 100% viable for people who have less than perfect gear as you can just drop to MP7 and still get good loot.

Generally, this spec (as many high MP specs do) requires having LS on your weapon(s) so I wouldn't recommend it for people who are using LoH or LoK to sustain at lower MPs!

Lastly, although I am a HUGE Skorn proponent, I have personally tested this run on MP10 with duel wield and it is 100% viable. So do not fear if you don't have a LS Skorn! :D

As always, I am more than happy to answer questions so feel free to leave them here! :D

Contact info:
twitter.com/DruinTheHappy
youtube.com/Druin13
twitch.tv/Druin13

<3

-Druin, the happy monk
Reply Quote
View profile
so i watched the video out of boredom.

just wanted to point out, i know what you were TRYING to say about the mf, but you worded it wrong.

you made it sound like the double drop rolls both drops at double your mf.

it doesn't. just rolls one item at 550% and then a second item at 550%. this is very different from actually rolling one or both at over 1k mf :P
Reply Quote
View profile
oops, meant to edit the first post not quote it. haha
Edited by pigeonspank#1488 on 3/19/2013 11:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Not sure I agree with you.

Unless I am missunderstanding how MF is applied, 1 item rolled at 1100% MF has exactly the same chance of producing a legendary (on average) as 2 items rolled at 550% MF each.

2x 550 items will produce more 0 legendary cases and more 2 legendary cases (ie: it will have more variance) but they will both produce the same number of average legendary drops.

Correct me if I am wrong though! :D
Reply Quote
why do you run to warrior's rest to and click that quest item instead of just finding COTA and getting waypoint?
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
03/19/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Technoviking
why do you run to warrior's rest to and click that quest item instead of just finding COTA and getting waypoint?

Because I am a noob and the first 6 times I ran CotA it failed to checkpoint me for w/e arcane reasons.

Thus I concluded to myself that doing the quest was a required part of getting the checkpoint.

I wasn't corrected in this though until last night AFTER the video was rendered.

C'est la vie
Reply Quote
Oh look it's the thief. Bastardized another one of my builds have you? Cyclone Strike/EP/Tempest Rush was my build a patch or two ago and it was secret until I posted it as one of my sample builds in my guide. Lo and behold, copied a few months later with absolutely no mention of me anywhere
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
03/19/2013 01:11 PMPosted by speedforce
Oh look it's the thief. Bastardized another one of my builds have you? Cyclone Strike/EP/Tempest Rush was my build a patch or two ago and it was secret until I posted it as one of my sample builds in my guide. Lo and behold, copied a few months later with absolutely no mention of me anywhere

Sorry that you always feel like I steal your stuff.

I have video evidence of the discovery of this build as I was live-streaming when it happened and I can assure you it had nothing to do with you.

In fact, you can rest assured I have never consumed any content you have created at any point ever.

Thanks for your continued attention and support though! <3
Reply Quote
Nice run!

I'm digging the double drops.

I've used exploding palm since the last patch and this is a great place to farm.

Also, I use LOH and LPSS and I can keep myself up just fine on mp10 :)
Edited by Icemaz#1543 on 3/19/2013 2:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Nice run!

I'm digging the double drops.

I've used exploding palm since the last patch and this is a great place to farm.

Also, I use LOH and LPSS and I can keep myself up just fine on mp10 :)

Yea, I should clarify that...

LS is required IF you use Skorn. LoH and LPSS both work with a Shenlong's setup like you are running because high APS + LoH is a suitable sustain method.

Even with ~2k LoH on a skorn, you attack too slowly to really sustain that way ... and anyways, if you have a Skorn, you want to be using spirit spenders not generators for your dps! ;)
Reply Quote
Wow, this place is great. 4 legs since my last post haha!

Thanks so much for the tip. I've tried so many places but I've never had much luck with any of them.

*Edit: Ya, I'm a huge sucker for LPSS and spirit regen. I'll admit that they aren't the best for high MP but I don't care, they fit my play style so well. I love just having enough spirit when I need it and gaining life from using my abilities.

Plus, I'll never take dashing strike off my right click haha.
Edited by Icemaz#1543 on 3/19/2013 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Wow, this place is great. 4 legs since my last post haha!

Thanks so much for the tip. I've tried so many places but I've never had much luck with any of them.

*Edit: Ya, I'm a huge sucker for LPSS and spirit regen. I'll admit that they aren't the best for high MP but I don't care, they fit my play style so well. I love just having enough spirit when I need it and gaining life from using my abilities.

Plus, I'll never take dashing strike off my right click haha.

JUST last night I switched to a 2x Nat's setup + my hellfire and broke the 1.45 APS barrier with my Skorn ... I am RIGHT back to Dashing Strike 24/7 territory and I couldn't be happier.

DS is easily my favorite skill in the game and it is the entire reason I made a monk in the first place.

This is always the problem I have with making videos ... I release content then the next day switch my spec to something I like more ... oh well! :D
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Okay, I made an annotation in the video about the warrior's rest thing!

Problem solved! ;)
Reply Quote
can a barb to this run? How much XP an hour do you get doing this?
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 01:11 PMPosted by Wukong

oh please so your the only one with a brain wright !
Reply Quote
So whats the XP per hour on this build
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 01:11 PMPosted by Wukong

lol. Someone who thinks he invented a build. You don't deserve the credit or attention for any of this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]