Diablo® III

Crafting gloves is a big disappointment

I have now crafted well around 500 pairs of gloves and nothing for an upgrade. I haven't even got a pair of trifecta gloves.

I would love a blue post on why it is taking me so long.

Is anyone else out there having issues with crafting?
Reply Quote
It's rng, unfortunaltely. Look at my barb gloves. Less then 50 crafted. Or the chest piece, first time I used the recipe. I've crafte nearly 200 shoulders for my 5 chars and got some good results, but not any godly one.
Reply Quote
youre pretty much on the TOP END as far as items goes, youre around 400 000 damage with 50k elite kills (did you flipped or credit card your way to the top by the way?). You have marquise in ALL of your slots.

Seriously. What did you expect? Maybe if you made 5000 gloves you might get something COMPARABLE.
Reply Quote
It is an issue
Reply Quote
i got my gloves with only 30 tries. i guess i lucked out on the try. it's a medium stat trifecta gloves.
Reply Quote
All I am trying to say is crafting 500 pairs of gloves should give you at least one trifecta pair
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 10:31 AMPosted by tyler
All I am trying to say is crafting 500 pairs of gloves should give you at least one trifecta pair

Why?
Reply Quote
I've probably crafted ~1000 gloves (swag) and made 5-7 trifectas. Two of those trifectas had high rolls (best is equipped on my char). I've also crafted several really nice bifectas (high cc/cd, good defense).

Gloves are really the only item worth crafting for me: My chest is tied up with Zuni set, bracer is lacuni, and high-end Vile Ward / Tal Rasha's Allegiance (ammy) can not (reasonably) be outdone with crafting IMO.

As long as I'm still playing, I will keep crafting gloves until I get a very high trifecta with at least one good defensive affix (or PUR).
Edited by BigRed#1100 on 3/20/2013 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
my gloves took about 75, my amulet, about 150 and its not even a trifecta >.>
Reply Quote
I have now crafted well around 500 pairs of gloves and nothing for an upgrade. I haven't even got a pair of trifecta gloves.

450k dps barb trying to craft better gloves, then complaining requesting a blue post.

/facepalm

0/10

Sounds like you just made this thread to toot your own horn.
Reply Quote

Nope, just you. Reported for trolling.
Edited by Ramminar#1293 on 3/20/2013 10:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Reply Quote
03/20/2013 10:31 AMPosted by tyler

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8196653625

i agree.

say you knew yer getting a trifecta ever 500 tries. players like us would still craft more because we knew we'd have a chance of getting that trfecta with ar or whatever, or just a better one. its still rng, and we are trying to perfect/ fine tune our chars now.

now its just a pure gamble, silly.

i been trying for not even for a trifecta... i want an ammy with cc, ias and loh. several hundred tries, i've more or less quit.
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 10:47 AMPosted by Ritalynn

After looking at their profile, that was my take on it too.

Poor guy... can't get better gloves.
Reply Quote
see http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8196604363?page=1

Note that for every player fortunate enough to get a trifecta roll on his 10th attempt, there will be another player who will still not get one after his 800th craft. It's statistics, not entitlement.
Reply Quote

RNG..

You are jus basically paying for a drop vs killing a monster for a drop.
Reply Quote
Just whip out the credit card, you have obviously had not trouble with that previously!

Just trolling you a little. :)

The trouble is you are trying for a craft that is likely going to be one in several thousand. You have very high end gear already, you can not reasonably expect to find upgrades at this point barring a lottery hit. Even I am having trouble with upgrades and I am a far cry from where you are. I guess you might just have to start playing the game for the fun of killing monsters now.
Reply Quote
All it does is make the existing godlike gloves a little less expensive. So instead of being 2 bil, they are 2 bil.

So much for that theory.
Reply Quote
There is really not a lot of rolls that would be an upgrade for you. Maybe a glove with the same dps stats but change dex for vitality and the single resist for all resist. That would boost your EHP which would help. But there is not much more that can come on them to give you a decent dps boost. It would take thousands of crafts to get that kind of hit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]