Diablo® III

And if you ever wondered why people are quitting...

Just found a lacuni. YAY for me...

identified it and got this:

+9 attack speed
+146 armor
+49 life reg
+12 ms
1016 melee dmg
5436 health globe

WTF kind of itemization is that?

and last night, just minutes before the patch i got a lacuni with

8 ats
48 life reg
12 ms
reduced level by 3
melee dmg (dont remember the number)
and health globe

seriously.... two bad (randomized) rolls in a row. RNG gods or just bad itemization?

edit:
if you want proof of these I can throw them on a character to show you

edit 2:
never said i was quitting, just i can see why people (who have or are threatening to) come up with their conclusion. I agree not all items should be gg, that would be silly. But at least have something that you can say, "man that has potential" or "well at least I got a main stat"
Edited by TeddyBear#1415 on 3/12/2013 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Judging by your main's situation, his bracers have 167 Dex (main stat), max AR roll and 6% Crit Chance.

Two bad items? That's a reason to quit? If that's a reason for someone to quit, then feel free.

Or, you could just be happy you picked up two fiery brimstones. I've picked up repeated legendaries plenty, so what? I'm sitting on a Blackthorne's Spurs, hoping other pieces show themselves. If they do, great. If I need the stash space, I'll brimstone it. I only have 11, I could use more.

I guess it's just a shame that D3 doesn't have a system like Path of Exile has, where you can take items you don't need and trade them for other items you can use to make better items...

Oh wait...it does, :-)
Reply Quote
every item can't be GG.
Reply Quote
If every legendary rolled good none of them would be worth anything
Reply Quote
Judging by your main's situation, his bracers have 167 Dex (main stat), max AR roll and 6% Crit Chance.

Two bad items? That's a reason to quit? If that's a reason for someone to quit, then feel free.

Or, you could just be happy you picked up two fiery brimstones. I've picked up repeated legendaries plenty, so what? I'm sitting on a Blackthorne's Spurs, hoping other pieces show themselves. If they do, great. If I need the stash space, I'll brimstone it. I only have 11, I could use more.

I guess it's just a shame that D3 doesn't have a system like Path of Exile has, where you can take items you don't need and trade them for other items you can use to make better items...

Oh wait...it does, :-)

my gear is the result of countless hours of playing and searching the auction house for something i could afford.

What concerns me is what legendaries roll (when you do find them) and how they are not very legendary at all (aka worthless). I have had many real life friends who just found the game boring and as one stated "not worth playing" and quit. I didn't really understand it at first, you play the game to pass time have fun. But I must be honest, seeing legendaries roll crap stats like that almost makes me a believer. Do i still find this game fun, sure I enjoy playing. Do i see why this game is, for a lack of words, "dieing"? You bet.
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 12:20 PMPosted by newlife
every item can't be GG.

I understand this and so does everything else. But it is kinda a slap to the face when you see something that even the blacksmith laughs at as you go to salvage it.
Reply Quote
why don't we just make every drop, from lvl 1 to plvl 100, BiS. then everybody can run around with insane dps and just make mincemeat of MP10 no prob.
good gear needs to be scarce, or it doesn't really feel like good gear when you finally get it.
if you're that tired of the playing the affix slot machine on legs, start selling them unid. you could of gotten 10m+ off of 2 unid lacunis.

i do think they should take reduced lvl req rolls out of the game (they are only usefull for lvling up under 60 chars. once they hit 60 nearly any ilvl 60+ yellow will probably beat it. and it changes what the items salvage into, so dumb i can find nightmare mats on inferno)
Reply Quote
Quit Quit Quit. Go outside, take deep breathe and enjoy real life.
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 12:21 PMPosted by Cybralisk
If every legendary rolled good none of them would be worth anything

See, I'm not really convinced this is true. I think everyone having GOOD legendaries wouldn't necessarily be bad for the economy.

Those ultra-rare, perfectly rolled or nearly perfectly rolled legendaries would become the new "top tier." Everyone could have "good gear" but the ridiculous pricing of items with "just the right affixes" would change to ridiculous pricing of items with perfect rolls.

I would much, MUCH rather have "godly" gear be determined by good rolls than whether or not you got that one "good" affix in the first place.
Reply Quote

good gear needs to be scarce, or it doesn't really feel like good gear when you finally get it.

Refreshing to see some ppl undertstand a Diablo game.
Reply Quote
Attack speed , move speed and health globe in the same item, and the guy whines.

No wonder why people are quitting.
Reply Quote
Travis Day addressed this in another post, or two actually. They want legendary's to feel awesome when you finally see one! What could be worse when you play a game for hours a day for several days and finally see a legendary drop that ends up being no better than some rare. So I think they are going to be addressing this in future patches.

I personally have received numerous legendary's in the past few weeks as I played off and on. All of them didn't really do anything for me, and I even got a Lacuni that seemed to suck just as bad. Last night I got some witch doctor legendary that is worth probably 20k on the AH last night. It seemed to be about as good as some class specific rare with at least decent useful rolls for a progressing WD.

Legendary's need to feel interesting, potentially exciting, and make you want to create a character for it if you don't have one already! That seems to be the direction they are going. Hopefully they don't just flood us with many crap legendary's from low levels that are just as bad and improve the lot of them to all be useful for various purposes!
Reply Quote
Attack speed , move speed and health globe in the same item, and the guy whines.

No wonder why people are quitting.

Lol this guy is funny. Those are guaranteed stats. Get out noob

let me know when you actually hit a decent number of elite kills/mob kills, then you can talk
Edited by TeddyBear#1415 on 3/12/2013 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 12:42 PMPosted by TeddyBear
Lol this guy is funny. Those are guaranteed stats.

Yeah, so?

03/12/2013 12:42 PMPosted by TeddyBear
let me know when you actually hit a decent number of elite kills/mob kills, then you can talk
There are two people in this thread of discussion. One is QQing for not finding good items for free. The other is being called a noob.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 3/12/2013 1:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I get what you are saying OP. I realize that there has to be a certain amount of randomness in the stats in order for the AH to work. There has to be really good rolls as well as extremely !@#$ty rolls. It just sucks to continuously get %^-*ty rolls. I have found 7 lacuni's, and all of them sucked with the exception of the ones I have on my barb, and the only reason they were not brimmed is because they had 3% CC. I have found a decent amount of legs/sets, but never, not 1 time, have I had what would be considered above average. Sometimes I miss the D2 days, when you found a gold spiderweb sash or green lacquered plate, you knew you were getting something good. But, like I said, the AH has to work so they can make money off the game to keep it going.
Reply Quote
nothing is worth selling.. cant do the same run over and over and get nothing that is an upgrade or i can sell. brawling is no fun since i'm getting killed by the same 3 noobs.
Reply Quote
Lacunis need to be buffed so they can only roll 2 randoms but with 170-200 primary(str-dex-int-vit)
Reply Quote
View profile

Refreshing to see some ppl undertstand a Diablo game.

This.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]