Diablo® III

And if you ever wondered why people are quitting...

IMO Legendary items should be similar to those in D2, values changed, but the attributes themselves didn't. The closer to perfect the attributes the more valuable the item became. Items weren't worthless because it had a lower attribute, they just weren't as good. The fact that you can roll a legendary and its COMPLETELY worthless shouldn't happen.

The same legendary shouldn't have a possible value of 18k or 100m depending on the attributes that rolled. Legendaries should be harder to obtain and in turn more valuable when found.
Reply Quote

Refreshing to see some ppl undertstand a Diablo game.

This.

Except a Diablo game doesn't have such random attributes. Go look at the legendary items and rune word items, none of them are as random as items are in D3. Sure, there are A LOT of completely worthless items, same thing can be said for D3, but the main attributes are always the same, just higher or lower.

Crown of Ages
Corona
Defense: 349-399
Required Level: 82
Required Strength: 174
Durability: N/A
+50% Enhanced Defense
+100-150 Defense
+1 To All Skills
Damage Reduced By 10-15%
All Resistances +20-30
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
Socketed (1-2)

Look at this helm, no matter what it was an amazing helm for Smiters. You still have the same price differences, if it has 1 socket its not worth nearly as much as it would be if it had 2, same for all res, and damaged reduced. The difference here, as you can clearly see, attributes are not so random that the legendary item has a chance to be COMPLETELY worthless, in fact, there are no random attributes, there are only random values.
Reply Quote

The difference here, as you can clearly see, attributes are not so random that the legendary item has a chance to be COMPLETELY worthless, in fact, there are no random attributes, there are only random values.

THIS

wow, everyone who did not post this sentence and ripped on the OP is just.......... like holy !@#$ you people are dense
Reply Quote
In a balanced game, rolling regeneration and health globe on Lacunis would be a joyous thing for a barbarian build using thorns to kill and those stats to survive. (Although your rolls are terribly low).

But D3 is not such a game and you just want more DPS/EHP via CC, main stat and resist all.
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Archangel
If every legendary rolled good none of them would be worth anything

I know this may shock some of you...

But the rest of us don't care about you trying to profit.

Its bad for everybody, there is no point in playing if everybody can get the best gear for nothing and any good drops you get are worthless.
Reply Quote
^^ im glad you are enjoying, i am still enjoying as well

i have leveled every class to 60 and made it to inferno. i have found all my own gear and used what little gold i have collected from the ground and from selling items i have found over 400-500 hours of playing to upgrade my main character. im at the point now where the upgrades on my main character are in the 50-100+ million range and i have about 1 million saved up.

when you finally get to the point where i am and realize that almost everything you pick up is going to be worth less then 100k those upgrades will start to feel like they are going to take "too long". Im more then willing to craft items to upgrade the respective slots, but even the 1 million i have will only get me about 10 crafts..... most likely not going to RNG a crafted upgrade too quickly.
Reply Quote
edited for love
Edited by Shabba#1895 on 3/12/2013 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i apologize! :)
Reply Quote
Love you to :)
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 03:00 PMPosted by HighLander
I bet op would complain on forum if drops were all top level instead. Some people just like to cry no matter what just for attention.

dude get out. seriously. If you come to here to criticize and make trouble, please don't even bother posting. And once again, learn to read. I see no complaining going on, just stating I can see why the masses have quit.

IMO Legendary items should be similar to those in D2, values changed, but the attributes themselves didn't. The closer to perfect the attributes the more valuable the item became. Items weren't worthless because it had a lower attribute, they just weren't as good. The fact that you can roll a legendary and its COMPLETELY worthless shouldn't happen.

The same legendary shouldn't have a possible value of 18k or 100m depending on the attributes that rolled. Legendaries should be harder to obtain and in turn more valuable when found.

^ this
Edited by TeddyBear#1415 on 3/12/2013 6:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

The difference here, as you can clearly see, attributes are not so random that the legendary item has a chance to be COMPLETELY worthless, in fact, there are no random attributes, there are only random values.

THIS

wow, everyone who did not post this sentence and ripped on the OP is just.......... like holy !@#$ you people are dense

[quote]

thank you. People just come to cause trouble. Ehh whatever, just ignore those posts
Edited by TeddyBear#1415 on 3/12/2013 6:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 03:38 PMPosted by DeadRu
lol Game is better off without him. I leveled my WD from 34 to 60, now in imfernol and haven't seen a legendary yet. Guess what I did not quit. I enjoyed every minute of it and am trying several WD builds.

please learn to read buddy

nobody said anything about quitting. I said I can "SEE WHY PEOPLE ARE" quitting. Just look at the forum, I see right now 3 threads about people quitting. Some of my real-life friends have quit.

Once again, please learn to read before posting. Otherwise don't.
Edited by TeddyBear#1415 on 3/12/2013 6:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
why don't we just make every drop, from lvl 1 to plvl 100, BiS. then everybody can run around with insane dps and just make mincemeat of MP10 no prob. good gear needs to be scarce, or it doesn't really feel like good gear when you finally get it. if you're that tired of the playing the affix slot machine on legs, start selling them unid. you could of gotten 10m+ off of 2 unid lacunis. i do think they should take reduced lvl req rolls out of the game (they are only usefull for lvling up under 60 chars. once they hit 60 nearly any ilvl 60+ yellow will probably beat it. and it changes what the items salvage into, so dumb i can find nightmare mats on inferno)

Not quite:

Great gear should be scarce.

Godly gear should be extremely scarce.

"Good" gear should be uncommon.

BiS gear should not exist.

"Trash" gear should not exist.

"un-usefull" gear should only exist if it can be made Usefull or good.
Edited by sheltem#1166 on 3/12/2013 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree ^
Reply Quote
I think most of this community has absolutely no idea what they want.

I'm sick and tired of everyone running around chasing stats and legendary items while salivating like crazed teens when they find one. The game's itemization is still about as bad as it was during release. There were some improvements to help this out, but frankly the old loot system seemed to imply that people wanted to farm for a year or two just to beat inferno. Most of those items tended to be only about stats.

If I were you guys I would not buy anything else from anyone as the itemization in this game is likely to take a much different turn. Why buy stat gear when the new and improved gear in a few months is going to likely be just as good if not better cause you won't be stuck on some boring rotation.
Reply Quote
.......................the old loot system seemed to imply that people wanted to farm for a year or two just to beat inferno.

Kindof YES, but its a bit more complicated.

I wanted a system that required me to: Farm and/or craft and/or trade and/or make runewords and/or figure out a combination of these things to supplement skills/stats (for a year or two) in order to be able to beat inferno.
Edited by sheltem#1166 on 3/12/2013 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]