Diablo® III

Death due to Waller Affix Bug, Please Address. (pic)

03/19/2013 12:09 AMPosted by tyler
Boohoo. Quit crying. You lost your character. Crybaby.

lol this guy..
typical response. Too bad im not crying about losingg my demonhunter, i already made a new one that is higher paragon level than previous.
I simply want the bug fixed. (if you could read you'd see that)
anyways.. haters gonna hate
edit: grats on the 8k elite kills bro!
Edited by Michael#13785 on 3/19/2013 1:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Walls are meant to trap u in! What are they there for if not that?
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Scythe

That's not what he is talking about. Several walls surrounding your character is fine. A wall doing the following is not:

X = Character
---- = Wall

-----X-----

The wall is spawning directly ON the character so that the character is stuck INSIDE the wall, unable to move at all. It has happened to me several times (I haven't complained because I play SC).

But it is annoying. It is acting like the Jailer affix. The point is not to whine about character deaths. It's that the affix is not working like it should.

I like the Waller affix. It's easier to deal with than other affixes. But only when it works like it should and not like Jailer.
Edited by Kahlan#1609 on 3/19/2013 8:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 08:52 AMPosted by Kahlan

That's not what he is talking about. Several walls surrounding your character is fine. A wall doing the following is not:

X = Character
---- = Wall

-----X-----

The wall is spawning directly ON the character so that the character is stuck INSIDE the wall, unable to move at all. It has happened to me several times (I haven't complained because I play SC).

But it is annoying. It is acting like the Jailer affix. The point is not to whine about character deaths. It's that the affix is not working like it should.

I like the Waller affix. It's easier to deal with than other affixes. But only when it works like it should and not like Jailer.

Even posted a picture that obviously shows this..
Reply Quote
lol wait you died? no way bruh
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 12:32 PMPosted by darkthrone
lol wait you died? no way bruh

guess you can't read
Reply Quote
Will they fix it? Probably not. Should they? Yes.

It has to be a bug. I've had the same problem with Walls coming down on me as if the Wall is actually going through me. It's impossible to move in any direction. And there is no point in having Waller do this because there is already Jailer to limit mobility for a given time frame.

But the difference between Waller (coming down right on you) and Jailer is that at least Jailer allows you to still hit/shoot.
Reply Quote
I love the Waller affix. Every time the a wall pops up, I put my back up against one and spam my Bears and things melt. If I get get stuck between the three walls I pop my Spirit Walk (3 Secs) and wait for them to go down. Then back to business.

The OP needs to learn how to play...

Except you can spirit walk through the walls per patch 1.04...
tell me, how does a DH get out of this?

http://s10.photobucket.com/user/mikeglaser/media/walleraffix_zps2226b16a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

See the birds? see the beams and where they are slicing when screenshot (time of death) was snapped? I was INSIDE the wall.

----X----

You think i didn't use Lingering Fog? i find it funny you people say, OP needs to learn to play when there was no way to get out of this and many many many many agree. Look @ the post above you. Look at the HUNDREDS of threads covering this same EXACT topic.
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 01:48 PMPosted by DoomBringer
The DH has most of her attack disabled, cannot escape, and most importantly, is a squishy class.

Maybe try a combo of Gloom, Nether tentacles and vault?
Reply Quote
im pretty sure i saw u post a thread of quitting this game because you could not find upgrades/make profits

also, learn how to play, walls are one of the best affixes because it does nothing to u

if u cant handle hardcore, then dont play it

You mean "handle it" as in "have enough stats to negate the affix" ... right?
Reply Quote
im pretty sure i saw u post a thread of quitting this game because you could not find upgrades/make profits

also, learn how to play, walls are one of the best affixes because it does nothing to u

if u cant handle hardcore, then dont play it

You mean "handle it" as in "have enough stats to negate the affix" ... right?

i'd hope so because i certainly am not "upset" about losing a hardcore character. I've made another DH already, if I lose it, i'd make another... Losing it to a bug, that is well known (over 100+threads covering this exact SAME topic) and never seeing a single blue response, is what annoyed me enough to post.
All of you trolls that say I need to learn to play, need to take a look around at all of the other people saying they have had the exact same thing happen to them. I guess they need to learn to play also right? Such a childish remark, shows how immature you are. Congratulations.
Edited by Michael#13785 on 3/19/2013 7:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's just funny how I haven't had this issue since they said they fixed it. Really funny.

Even if I did, it lasts a few seconds..... lol. Seriously.

Panic makes the brain think some weird things.....

look at the picture... one wall after another was placed ontop of me.. there are 3 walls there... Panic? If i was panicing i would of paused the game, take a deep breath, and thought about it. I used 2 multibox on softcore(boring),Played Diablo 2 Median XL mod which is very difficult, i also am a gold futures broker. I live for "panic".

Pleas enlighten me, show me the fix you are speaking of?
Edited by Michael#13785 on 3/19/2013 7:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok, since you know about this waller is bugged, then why not just avoid/skip them until the fix is in place? (If you are in public game, just let other non DH players kill them first)

And to be on the safe side, if Blizz said, it is "fixed" now, then you use a softcore to test it, to make sure it is fixed.

Once you are confident it is working as intended, then you resume the hardcore.

Above is something you have control over with, expectation in getting a blue response is not something within your control or power. The only thing you get from it, is frustration as you are at the receiving end.

Alternatively, file above as a bug in the "Bug Report" forum. (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/)
Reply Quote
Ok, since you know about this waller is bugged, then why not just avoid/skip them until the fix is in place? (If you are in public game, just let other non DH players kill them first)

And to be on the safe side, if Blizz said, it is "fixed" now, then you use a softcore to test it, to make sure it is fixed.

Once you are confident it is working as intended, then you resume the hardcore.

Above is something you have control over with, expectation in getting a blue response is not something within your control or power. The only thing you get from it, is frustration as you are at the receiving end.

Alternatively, file above as a bug in the "Bug Report" forum. (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/)

There has been well over 30 threads made about this in the bug forum, zero responses. All from different players too.
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 07:24 PMPosted by ellisD
You need to look up the definition of panic. I'm gonna go play some games.

Like i said, zero proof of them "Fixing this" per your assumption. Go ahead, play some games ;D
Panic: a sudden overwhelming fear, with or without cause, that produces hysterical or irrational behavior

Like i said, If i had this "sudden feeling" i would of paused the game and walked away and then come back, before the producing stage happens... I watched my discipline, i look at lingering fog timer, i checked gloom too, i didn't spam them. Give me a break. What a bunch of lame accusations with zero substance.
Edited by Michael#13785 on 3/19/2013 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]