Diablo® III

Death due to Waller Affix Bug, Please Address. (pic)

42 Pandaren Monk
04/22/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Teemo
Make the walls breakable!

QFT
Reply Quote
View profile
Hey all,

Thanks so much for your reports. At the moment, our QA team is having difficulty reproducing this bug internally, so we have a small request.

Please publish geometry algorithm u use to create wals — and we will fix it.
Reply Quote
Hello,

I posted about this as well. I find it odd you guys cant replicate it , because it happens quite frequently, all things considered.

Also, when i posted, i posted that it didnt happen to me this time, but instead, i watched a champ pack do it to one of their own kind. Check my post history, it was bloody pricelessly funny.

Yes, this bug very much exsists, and has many threads around here, as far as i recall reading (unless they got deleted).
Edited by Homicyde#1226 on 4/22/2013 9:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice to see the OP quoting me, as I've had this exact problem multiple times.

In fact the last time was in the last few days, wall dropped right on top of me, jailed me and prevented me from running away from Desecrator/Arcane. I don't run with Serenity any more so even that couldn't save me.

This is one reason why I don't play HC. In SC, it's no big deal, but it feels mega-cheap to be pinned down and slaughtered like that.
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 09:06 PMPosted by ДекардКаин

I don't need the geom algo to fix it:

var wall = new Wall;

while ( wall.intersects( player ) ){
delete(wall);
wall = new Wall;
}

Reply Quote
I noted that many ppl said the OP is trolling. I have to congratulate them because they have never been trapped in a wall. I used "IN" behind "trapped", not "BETWEEN" because you are really in the wall.

Some ppl said that this might be because you are trapped between multiple walls, so you are stuck at one spot and cannot move at all --> so this is not a bug.

I tried this few times. It is obviously a bug as wall does not intend to do so. The proof is: when a wizard was trapped between the wall, she can teleport and escape. But in this case, you cannot teleport at all. This makes it even worse than JAILER, in which you can use teleport to break the root effect.

Hope this clear!
Reply Quote
There is a way out when the wall spawns on top of you, this has happened to me about 3 times now. Basically you have to try and move out in every direction and eventually the character 'finds' a way out. It still shouldn't appear that the wall is on top of you though.
Reply Quote
Here's another picture of a character being walled in. This happened on the day of the 1.0.4 patch when they reportedly fixed the waller issue.
http://i.imgur.com/mRdWeZf.jpg?1
Reply Quote
^Awesome pick. That is exactly what I was describing right after the blue post. That is what is happening. An "X" pattern with your character in the middle. Stop letting them crisscross walls!
Reply Quote
this actually happened to me tonight while i was doing vota runs
Reply Quote
I have many times had a SINGLE wall freeze me in place. I don't know if its lag or what but if blizzard doesn't believe us that this is happening with SINGLE walls. I will try my best to take a pic next time it happens, but i don't FRAPS often enough to show this off in a video. Just posting to increase the # of people this is still happening to.

We wouldn't make this up just to have you spend time on something that doesn't exist.
Reply Quote
I have this happen actually quite often as a DH. Im not sure what causes it but ill be using vault and caltrops when it happens. Might try testing this out.
Reply Quote
I don't ever remember having the criss cross pattern trap me, but many times I've been "glued" by a single wall. I find that the length of time your stuck in the wall is variable, sometimes it's for a fraction of a second and other times it seems to be a second or two.
Reply Quote
While i do not have video of this incident, i can attest that it has happened to me several times in 1.0.7
Reply Quote
Hey all,

Thanks so much for your reports. At the moment, our QA team is having difficulty reproducing this bug internally, so we have a small request.

This made me chuckle - because Blizz seems to be either unwilling or incapable of putting much effort into this game and it's (many) problems, meanwhile I'm quite sure some people within the D3 community would be able to fix this any many other issues if they were given the time and ability to do so.

Makes you wonder what they're all doing behind their closed doors aside from procrastinating and buying time by saying "Yeah we've been thinking about that..."
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 08:17 PMPosted by CyberGoat
I've never been in a situation where I couldn't move at all. Now, I have been walled and jailed simultaneously. That's never fun.

I agree that is not fun at all. I *have* been in the situation people are talking about, but it is very rare and if I don't have evasive fire as a skill, I just wait it out and hope to not die or I use smokescreen. I don't know if the bug still exists but this was a bug.

~Philoi.
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Teemo
Make the walls breakable!

Many have suggested this before and they never make it so.

~Philoi.
Reply Quote
42 Worgen Druid
04/22/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Ricsta

I don't need the geom algo to fix it:

var wall = new Wall;

while ( wall.intersects( player ) ){
delete(wall);
wall = new Wall;
}

Well that is a rather silly assumption to make considering you don't know what their code looks like. How do you know if they aren't already doing this? If you actually were an experienced coder, you'd understand that even if checks like these were in place (which they likely are), the bug can still produce itself through other means.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, its that this is the reality of the matter.

Anyway, if it does turn out to be a bug, I hope Blizz can get it sorted.
Reply Quote
I cannot believe this thread is still going... Elements of this gaming community drive me to despair.
Reply Quote
Ideas..

- Make walls breakable after 5x hit or more (in archon and WW).

- When champions have it, do not let them cross it. Only lay down walls on clean surface, kinda.

- Let them make a wall a bit further away from the player. This will make sprint + 24% movementspeed WW barb for example) not to be right in the wall when it happens.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]