Diablo® III

Death due to Waller Affix Bug, Please Address. (pic)

LOL "further investigating", this is just pure lazyness.

Hard algorithm?

if distance(spawned wall) - distance(player) == 0
--> don't spawn wall
else spawn wall
end
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 08:19 PMPosted by Xuu
funny, he's even on top of the wall of fire XD

.. That's not the OP. That is some other poster in his thread, if you could read, you would know the OP uses gloom/Lingering Fog. Neither of which was being used by the person on the fire wall.

Also, he person on the fire wall, was vortexed into the wall.

edit: I also think it is pathetic that someone reported the OP original post. Really? Wow, just wow...
Edited by MikeylikesIT#1314 on 4/23/2013 2:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Happens to my witch doctor all the time, since bears cannot break through walls I am stuck there sitting on pools of lava/dealing with arcane and cannot get lifesteal synergy going. I need a way out of that when spirit walk is on cooldown and walking around isn't always an option. I dislike being gibbed based on poor game mechanics, there should always be a way out of a situation with enough skill.

I love to compare a bunch of elites in an encounter as an obstacle that can be taken care of with enough gear and skill, but its annoying when it doesn't work out that way because of broken game mechanics. I would love if it kinda worked like that flash game "worlds hardest game" where if you run into stuff you die but it can always be avoided especially in high mps.
Reply Quote
Happens to my witch doctor all the time, since bears cannot break through walls I am stuck there sitting on pools of lava/dealing with arcane and cannot get lifesteal synergy going. I need a way out of that when spirit walk is on cooldown and walking around isn't always an option. I dislike being gibbed based on poor game mechanics, there should always be a way out of a situation with enough skill.

I love to compare a bunch of elites in an encounter as an obstacle that can be taken care of with enough gear and skill, but its annoying when it doesn't work out that way because of broken game mechanics. I would love if it kinda worked like that flash game "worlds hardest game" where if you run into stuff you die but it can always be avoided especially in high mps.

On witchdoctor, spirit walk enables you to walk through wall. Just sayin~
Reply Quote
Well, besides the obvious that this is not the place to address the bug, how is this anything more than bad luck/timing.

Just realized something, the OP is the same person who was complaining the other day. He was saying he has never died to anything other than Battle.net disconnecting him, and wanted rollbacks for battle.net disconnects.

Funny how this most recent death isn't his fault either....
Reply Quote

On witchdoctor, spirit walk enables you to walk through wall. Just sayin~

Doesn't help when your class is super squishy and needs to be dealing constant damage to stay alive. It's not as easy as when it happens with barb and having to deal with mana issues is enough of a gimp.
Reply Quote
Have to add something, the OP agrees with himself from a second account on the first page.....

Michael = runforit
Reply Quote
Elite affixes are in BETA...still..

Bugs that havent fixed like ... 8 years now? I wonder , so many internal testers , everyone said game is ready for release ? I dont get it.

Other than that ... too many unbalanced affixes on various elites... Its ridiculous to have the best gear possible for lets say MP0 and , faceroll everything and try to keep it safe ( because you play HC ) , youve killed all bosses and elites in your path on inferno , and suddenly X pack of elites with X affixes is bugged and OP that kills you even if you have 500 @ res and 65k life.

Game is far from being balanced and a great experience for oldschool gamers or newcomers. FAR sadly... And patches are so slow and changes not deep enough ... maybe diablo 3 will be ready to go in 2-3 years...toooo slow.
Reply Quote

Thanks so much for your reports. At the moment, our QA team is having difficulty reproducing this bug internally

I truly do not understand how they can have trouble reproducing something that occurs so often. As one person I can reproduce this several time in a few hours of sessioning...I don't see how an entire team can't manage.

To OP and other players who have lost HC toons to this; my condolences. I know I get quite angered when I die to this issue in SC where it's an inconvenience if anything.

Issues like this are one of the reasons I get so annoyed by people starting complaint threads about nonsense like legendary dyes and barb skills. Who cares about Barb imunity to CC when CC doesn't even work properly?

Core flaws to existing content needs to be addressed before considering adding or nerfing content.
Reply Quote
They have trouble reproducing it because the issue described is not a bug. What they are unable to reproduce would be a bug if it ever did happen.

For clarity: Waller champions will sometimes spawn multiple walls in a tight formation near a player, which can limit mobility. This is not a bug. However, if a single Waller wall is spawned right on top of a character, causing it to be unable to move, then that's a bug and we would like to know more about these situations.
Reply Quote
MAKE THE WALLS BREAKABLE!
Reply Quote
I think I had experienced several times this bug.
With one wall cast right on my head while I'm moving (crazy speed Berserk Barb playing rend-ravage run in keep2), i could'nt move in my initial direction, neither on the right or the left, meaning tat if i click on the side of the wall I'm traped. BUT, I always can go backward, in the exact opposite direction of where I was going while walled.

Draft :
X player
==== wall
o location of the mouse click.
1 vacumm : needed to organize the drafts's space, the spaces and tabs do not appear in the preview mode of the post.
In the drafts, the charactere was moving from the bottom to the top when he gets trapped.

Can't move:

11o
==X==

o
==X==

o
111==X==

o
1111111==X==

Never paid attention if this work:
1111==X==
o

What I do everytime to get "out of the wall":
==X==
11o
Reply Quote
There is always a way out, you can't count on your character's pathing AI, try click on multiple directions. But if you "happen to" stand on fire, or by a wall, or in a narrow path, it is called noobish. Learn to position next time.
Reply Quote
In one situation, you have monsters with the Waller affix spawning walls near a character in a tight formation, or adjacent to one another in a way that may limit where your character can go. This is not a bug.

Then it's poor design. A Waller should not be a jailer. Walls should redirect/limit your movement options, not eliminate them.
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 04:48 AMPosted by FrozenSoul
There is always a way out, you can't count on your character's pathing AI, try click on multiple directions. But if you "happen to" stand on fire, or by a wall, or in a narrow path, it is called noobish. Learn to position next time.

It's real simple to know when you're stuck, just click and hold your move button(not left mouse button) and move your cursor 360 degrees around your character. If your characters turns 360 degrees in an attempt to walk in all directions, then you're stuck. To suggest the players are incapable of this is insulting to their intelligence.

As I said before, I don't see the difference between their stuck by design and the bug. Both scenarios result in the same outcome but they only seem interested in the "bugged" version. And to be clear, having limited movement and no movement are different, but it is very possible to have no movement from multiple walls and this is intentional. If you ask me, it's "working as intended". Either way, the affix requires no skill, especially when combined with other affixes that won't allow you to avoid it, and it's only exist in the game to frustrate the player.

Have any of you felt great about yourself after avoiding a Waller disaster? I would think not because it's not up to you and you have no control over the situation.
Edited by Deadzors#1394 on 4/23/2013 5:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I believe I know exactly what the problem is. If your interested in finding out, let me know(Blizzard Reps ofc)
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 04:48 AMPosted by FrozenSoul

Actually your wrong, there isn't always a way out, usually yes. But not always. It depends if where your center is in comparison to the center of the wall. If they are parallel there is no way out(almost never happens but I've seen it happen twice out of the few hundred times a walls been placed inside me)
Reply Quote
Had that happen to me few times, once i had nice X of walls where i was in center of it, like it was saying "hit here".

Usualy bugs like that appear when you are next to natural walls (or columns) that are part of map and the walls made by mobs are repositioned by the game automaticly to closest proximity. Its same when you cast leap on center of a hole, it will either reposition you to one side of a hole, same if the waller create wall on natural wall, it will reposition it to then nearest edge, and if you are standing there, you will be inside the wall.
Reply Quote
my experience is if a wall lands on top of you you can only move in the direction of the wall. like if a wall is lined up east/west then you can only move east/west. It's like you are in between two parallel walls. if the wall on top of you gets intersected by another wall it blocks movement in that direction also. Not really sure what causes the wall to land on top of you though, it doesn't happen all the time but it definitely does happen.
Reply Quote
I don't have any videos and there is no rhyme or reason, but I sometimes get a waller right on top of me. Its aggravating because I have to try moving in a bunch of different directions before I can get out. Spawning in my face is fine, but they should not spawn directly on top of me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]