Diablo® III

Death due to Waller Affix Bug, Please Address. (pic)

It happens to me all the time, and is so annoying.
Reply Quote
I seem to have forgotten the "Take screenshot" key in Diablo 3. Can someone refresh my memory?
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 02:32 AMPosted by MikeylikesIT
funny, he's even on top of the wall of fire XD

.. That's not the OP. That is some other poster in his thread, if you could read, you would know the OP uses gloom/Lingering Fog. Neither of which was being used by the person on the fire wall.

Also, he person on the fire wall, was vortexed into the wall.

I think that was my post (can't find it atm). I was just adding to the thread with an example. I had been fighting and got vortexed to the fire grate and they immediately walled me in with the criss-cross over my character. When I hit Vault, my character spun in place and I was not able to move any direction (though tbh, there wasn't much time either). On top of being melted by fire, all three elites hit me as they leaped in with their attack. It was a bad situation.
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 07:14 AMPosted by Tilen
I seem to have forgotten the "Take screenshot" key in Diablo 3. Can someone refresh my memory?

prntscr
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 07:26 PMPosted by Lylirra
In one situation, you have monsters with the Waller affix spawning walls near a character in a tight formation, or adjacent to one another in a way that may limit where your character can go. This is not a bug.

While i can agree this is not a bug, you cannot say it is intended behavior either. Why? Because they dont spawn3 walls close limiting movement, they spawn 3 walls in a triangle preventing movent just the same as 2 walls or even a single wall (bug case) does. The area you can move on is practicly zero as far as gameplay goes as anny AOE based attack monster do will still hit you without being able to avoid it or fight back.

This brings me to the point that might help you out. Waller has no relevent CD and champion packs do not get a short term CD when another champion casts a wall. This means if 2 or 3 champions are in range all at once:

1. If a player is moving ==> gets facewalled ==> instantly turns a 180 for the new movement path ==> gets installed facewalled again ==> stuck. This mostly happens when moving at high movement speed (IE 24% + tactical advantage).
2. Player is moving ==> gets facewalled ==> instantly turns sideways ==> instantly facewalled ==> instantly turns again to the last remaining path == > instantly facewalled ==> boxed in with no way of doing damage or avoiding damage.

Case 1 is NP, heck even the bug case is NP. Surviving 1 wall duration shoudnt be a problem for annyone. Case 2 on the other hand... The problem with case 2 is that as soon as 1 wall breaks and you try to get free you instantly get walled of again and the entire cycle repeats itself.

And finally I have to bring up the agrument that waller shoudnt be a gameplay or pace of the game killer. It shoudnt be the affix that prevents you from doing anny kind of damage (mayor slow down) aswell as make sure you take all the damage with no counter play what so ever. Especially in case 2 where you are practicly doomed and unable to do annything to the point you wish there was a suicide button.. that in itself shows there is a mayor gameplay problem here (no chance/way to avoid/escape/break it).

But i gues we can go 1 fix at a time...
Edited by Skyqula#2879 on 4/23/2013 8:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well said Skyqula but case 2 is not a bug and won't be fixed. It is as intended and it's only purpose is to frustrate you. So, with that said, it works just fine :)
Reply Quote
Here is a video from my stream last night getting stuck in a wall.

http://www.twitch.tv/goldenshowaaas/c/2194649
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Teemo
Make the walls breakable!

Agreed. +1
Reply Quote
Hey all,

Thanks so much for your reports. At the moment, our QA team is having difficulty reproducing this bug internally, so we have a small request.
Thank you!

It seems to happen with higher latencies, ie server spawns wall next to your character, but then client tells server where character is actually is and unfortunately it's in the walls. Do you QA with 0 ping or what?
Reply Quote
AS many others, a confirm this bug still exists.

Sound like a "system choose where to deploy walls but it does it after a really short delay so the player has moved from original position" problem to me.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Hello,

I posted about this as well. I find it odd you guys cant replicate it , because it happens quite frequently, all things considered.

Also, when i posted, i posted that it didnt happen to me this time, but instead, i watched a champ pack do it to one of their own kind. Check my post history, it was bloody pricelessly funny.

Yes, this bug very much exsists, and has many threads around here, as far as i recall reading (unless they got deleted).

We absolutely believe that the reports players are submitting are genuine (that walls are spawning on top of your characters); we're just having trouble recreating the situations you're reporting. That's why we're reaching out and asking for more information.
Edited by Lylirra on 4/23/2013 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Now keep in mind that I've only seen this happen to me once so I cannot really give much feedback, but from just watching this stream should give a good indication on what to expect.

04/23/2013 09:40 AMPosted by trondog
http://www.twitch.tv/goldenshowaaas/c/2194649
Reply Quote
Hello,

I posted about this as well. I find it odd you guys cant replicate it , because it happens quite frequently, all things considered.

Also, when i posted, i posted that it didnt happen to me this time, but instead, i watched a champ pack do it to one of their own kind. Check my post history, it was bloody pricelessly funny.

Yes, this bug very much exsists, and has many threads around here, as far as i recall reading (unless they got deleted).

We absolutely believe that the reports players are submitting are genuine (that walls are spawning on top of your characters); we're just having trouble recreating the situations you're reporting. That's why we're reaching out and asking for more information.

I happens to me mostly when I'm attack + moving (not TR style or WW style). I mean, when I stop, shoot, and move back (kitting). It probably has to do with the game itself "predicting" where you're supposed to be --- and the moment they do that is when you are shooting, but the moment Waller comes out is when you're moving away.
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Shaman
CM's, it is not real, these noobs are trying to move to the wrong side.

It only happens when I play with my DH. Never happened with my Barb, Wiz, WD or Monk.
Reply Quote
Ah ok, so I wouldnt know right...
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 11:35 AMPosted by Shaman
Ah ok, so I wouldnt know right...

Judging by your builds (characters), I would say that you pretty much "charge" towards them. DH tends to "kite", thus moving back. It doesn't happen when you go to them --- it happens when you try to get away from them (from my experience anyway).
Reply Quote
It is possible, although i still think the wall is spawning behind you, so you would have to move towards the monster to avoid the wall. It is intended behaviour as the waller affix is meant to prevent you from running away.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]