Diablo® III

Death due to Waller Affix Bug, Please Address. (pic)

If you want to recreate it maybe you shouldnt live so close to the servers.......*hint*
Reply Quote
Hello,

I posted about this as well. I find it odd you guys cant replicate it , because it happens quite frequently, all things considered.

Also, when i posted, i posted that it didnt happen to me this time, but instead, i watched a champ pack do it to one of their own kind. Check my post history, it was bloody pricelessly funny.

Yes, this bug very much exsists, and has many threads around here, as far as i recall reading (unless they got deleted).

We absolutely believe that the reports players are submitting are genuine (that walls are spawning on top of your characters); we're just having trouble recreating the situations you're reporting. That's why we're reaching out and asking for more information.

Wondering how things are setup when you are testing? i.e. do your test systems experience lag like the rest of us do? If it's a lag problem and your test systems have zero chance of lagging then, you will never reproduce the problem.
Reply Quote
It has happened to me a few times using my monk with FoT - thunderclap. I think it might happen when i teleport right as the elite would cast a wall where i would end up. But i was definitely "in the wall"

That being said i have not seen this happen very often and will not die from it most times. I would imagine that this would really suck in HC
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Shaman
It is possible, although i still think the wall is spawning behind you, so you would have to move towards the monster to avoid the wall. It is intended behaviour as the waller affix is meant to prevent you from running away.

Yes, it is indeed intended to block your path --- making it hard to get away. However, it was never intended to spawn on you. As a DH, this is fatal. You can't attack, since the large majority of your abilities are completely useless in those situations. You don't have "leap or Teleport". All you can do is spam Gloom or Smoke Screen and hope you can survive the duration of that wall while taking fire from Arcane Laser, desecrator, dudes who are swinging their deadly mace towards you...

We're not talking about running in a corner and being trapped there. I'm talking about being "jailed" in the middle of an open field. I can chain a couple of vault or use smokes screen to get away from traditional walls. I can't do anything when it spawns on top of me, except hoping that the AI is stupid.
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 4/23/2013 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They didn't fix it right then, by the look of the picture it seems like the DH is inside the wall... well, hope it is fixed, gl.
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 12:53 PMPosted by mikeab7925
DH seems to be the worse off when it comes to waller as there is no way really to escape it. all characters should have a way out of waller.

no character has a chance to escape them when they spawn diretly ON TOP OF YOU, which killed me a couple of times as well.

Waller is easily the most useless and anoying skill at the same time. In VERY small areas, it is easily one of the most anoying things that can happen. But I guess they do their job there. The real problem is when they spawn on top of you, which I consider a bug.

Dieing to bugs is not fun.
Reply Quote
I get stuck in walls all the time on my Demon Hunter (by stuck i mean completly unable to move my character) It's happened recently in my current build.

I always use vault, so that skill may have something to do with it.

Hope this helps!
Edited by Ephex#1640 on 4/23/2013 12:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hello,

I believe this just happenned to me as I was unable to move 100% and then died.

I was using whirlwind and a wall was already up.
Another wall came up, right on top of me and it basically snared my character, nothing to do but die.

After I died, my character model was still showing (instead of the grave) for a good few seconds, until the wall despawned from under me. (Then it switched to being a grave)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I've noticed this once on the stairs leading down in Act 3 Inferno, second catapult. Had a wall or two spawn on top of me and I could not move. Unfortunately, I do not have a screenshot or video.
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 12:05 PMPosted by CrniVuk
no character has a chance to escape them when they spawn diretly ON TOP OF YOU, which killed me a couple of times as well.

This . Even a barb cant leap out of the wall when your stuck in it.

Also, just wanted to say, i notice alot of people relating to lag with this issue, but i can clearly state for me, this is not the case. I never (ISP sometimes has issues, but i know its them, and rarely) experience lag playing, and yet, it still happens quite frequently,
Reply Quote
I'm surprised Blizzard is doing anything about this. I've complained several times about this and now they finally take a look? What happened to fixing this ages ago like back in 1.0.5 or earlier? What happened when you, Blizzard, said you fixed this and you didn't fix this?

The only way I know about getting out of this bug is you have to stop all actions, and restart all actions. In other words, if you're running and you get hit by a wall. Stop running and then run again in different directions to see if you get out of the wall.

Or how about the glitch in Core of Arreat? The second bend, before running straight to Azmodan, on the right side of the corner there is a hidden object there that always pushes you either left or right.

Or how about the defective party chat? Say I'm in a game with my friend and we leave and remake a new game. Every time we remake a new game the game kicks you out of party chat.

Or how about the lose of fury in multilayer games? Everytime I play 2+ players fury generation is 2-3 times harder to gain. No it's not because the other player is killing. The other player can't kill fast enough to even drop the mobs before I gain fury.

Or what about the rubberbanding? Is that ever going to get fixed? I still rubberband on a regular basis. Yes my ping bar is green and around 30.

Or what about using commas or period to separate the zeros in the AH? Don't tell me it's because in other countries they use periods and we use commas. Then why are you displaying in the AH when you search for items with commas? If you are displaying periods for other countries you are well capable enough to adding commas to when we type in numbers. No it's not that I can or can't count, it's proper punctuation. After many people started complaining about this one, specifically after i gave up, they are finally taking some initiative on it.
Edited by oddmut#1947 on 4/23/2013 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I NEVER have walls spawn so I cant move.

Where I think the problem lies though is in latency. I DO have walls that spawn on top of me all the time, but you CAN get out if you go ONE specific direction. It isnt as if the wall is in front of me, its like the wall is around me and I can only move directly backward to get out, which makes it feel like youre trapped until you go the one and only direction it lets you. That happens all the time. I have a moment of panic but playing a spin barb I make circles anyway, it lets me out but only the one way. Maybe with higher latency I would get completely stuck, but thats my experience.
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Lylirra
We absolutely believe that the reports players are submitting are genuine (that walls are spawning on top of your characters); we're just having trouble recreating the situations you're reporting. That's why we're reaching out and asking for more information.

Lylirra try suggesting that the problem can occur when:
Center of Wall meets Center of Player.

Also I have noticed, it usually happens when both a and b happen together:
a) You are surrounded by monsters
b) You are near a wall

Then the elite casts wall but the cast gets glitched as it can't be inside a wall or anything but us apparently. Also look into Destructible's altering the cast location. As well as select movement skills aka Vault, Leap, and skill where the character is moving, but is not running/walking.

This issue seems to occur quite abit, and seems dependent on more then one thing at a time, I'm pretty sure I've almost always been near a wall before they spawned their own walls.

Also I have never seen it happen to someone standing still(maybe just me) but it seems I'm always moving, and the few times I was perm locked in the wall, I appeared to move and meet the wall and as soon as centers meet then I'm actually stuck for good. If centers don't meet i can escape
Edited by Veracruz#1867 on 4/23/2013 3:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 08:50 AMPosted by Skyqula
1. If a player is moving ==> gets facewalled ==> instantly turns a 180 for the new movement path ==> gets installed facewalled again ==> stuck. This mostly happens when moving at high movement speed (IE 24% + tactical advantage).

I tend to follow this observation and tried then to recreate the situation, but after 3 hours of running around with waller monsters, with different running speeds, and got only one "stuck-like" situation. But after reviewing the video, I realized i was not really stuck.

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y979CyXT0GY&feature=youtu.be

And 1080p original version, downloadable here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/3327743465/Diablo%20III%202013-04-23%2021-13-40-32-x264.avi

So, if you review the video frame by frame, you can see:
Right when the monk just avoids the second wall, the third wall spawns right on him, so the character appears to be 'stuck' inside the wall.
During the play, I tried to move on the left, on the bottom, on the right, but was stuck by the wall (left and bottom sides) and stuck by the two monsters (on the right side).
But finally I managed to get out (frames 110 to 113) just before getting caught by the third monster (frames 115 and further).

I recall having troubles with walls in the past (while appearing like inside the wall, like in this video), but I cannot be certain I was stuck only due to the wall.

Hope this is helping
Edited by palsecam#2952 on 4/23/2013 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 04:45 PMPosted by palsecam
1. If a player is moving ==> gets facewalled ==> instantly turns a 180 for the new movement path ==> gets installed facewalled again ==> stuck. This mostly happens when moving at high movement speed (IE 24% + tactical advantage).

I tend to follow this observation and tried then to recreate the situation, but after 3 hours of running around with waller monsters, with different running speeds, and got only one "stuck-like" situation. But after reviewing the video, I realized i was not really stuck.

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y979CyXT0GY&feature=youtu.be

And 1080p original version, downloadable here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/3327743465/Diablo%20III%202013-04-23%2021-13-40-32-x264.avi

So, if you review the video frame by frame, you can see:
Right when the monk just avoids the second wall, the third wall spawns right on him, so the character appears to be 'stuck' inside the wall.
During the play, I tried to move on the left, on the bottom, on the right, but was stuck by the wall (left and bottom sides) and stuck by the two monsters (on the right side).
But finally I managed to get out (frames 110 to 113) just before getting caught by the third monster (frames 115 and further).

I recall having troubles with walls in the past (while appearing like inside the wall, like in this video), but I cannot be certain I was stuck only due to the wall.

Hope this is helping

It really looks like the mobs pulled you out.
Reply Quote
Not if you look frame by frame, especially from frame 110 to 113.
The monster pulled me out just after frame 114, there i went already "out" of the wall (on the top).
Edited by palsecam#2952 on 4/23/2013 5:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So getting Han Solo'd has been officially recognized as a bug? Nice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]