Diablo® III

Death due to Waller Affix Bug, Please Address. (pic)

hmmm so far i see this
over 400 post that agree with OP
about 120 that attempt to bash/make fun of the OP
18 that disagree with the op
and 2 from lylirra.
yet they still want more proof? even though we have supplied numerous screenshots.

just sayin.
Edited by MikeylikesIT#1314 on 4/25/2013 2:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote

O
===OXO===
O

O = molten
= = (stuck in) wall
X = this is just u

situation above = deadly

o/
===oXo===
/o

o = plague
= = (stuck in) wall
/ = arcane
X = u

situation above = even deadlier

Ö Ö
====X====
Ö Ö

= = (stuck in) wall
Ö = (suicide bombers) kaBOOM
X = u

situation above = incubus

/off topic affixes are drawn badly

bbb bbbb
bbbbb VX bbbb
bbbbb bbb

b = brutal one-hitting monster, eventually with speed to cast vortex frequently
VX= u (vortex-ed u in horde of brutal one-hitters)

situation above = frustrating 4 all NO-barbs

/end off topic affixes are drawn badly
Reply Quote
S
http://i.imgur.com/pRuwCDI.jpg

TL;DR but I saw this and OOOOFFFFFFFF thats a crappy way to go.
Reply Quote
S
http://i.imgur.com/pRuwCDI.jpg

TL;DR but I saw this and OOOOFFFFFFFF thats a crappy way to go.

It was a crappy way to go, that's my screenshot. I literally melted in about 2 seconds with the fire grate under my feet. I was vortexed into that spot after re-positioning and avoiding previous walls. Once I was vortexed over the grate, those 3 walls spawned in the criss-cross pattern and the fire lit up just then. There was absolutely nothing I could do. I used Vault and my character spun in place with the animation, but didn't go anywhere and I clicked to move but by the time I realized I couldn't move, I popped a potion but was already dead with the fire damage and simultaneous hits from that skeleton and the elites. This was an HC character too, so bu-bye.

I saw a few posts above where people state that they have one way to move. This was not the case here. I'd like to see how you move out of that criss-cross pattern? Again, I tried to use Vault and my DH spun in place.

I don't mind dying to affixes in the game, monsters should be able to kill you and the game should be hard. The only thing that burns me is that I couldn't use in-game methods to try to escape (i.e. playing the game).

Also want to note that this happened to me a 2nd time about a week afterwards, though I did not die from it (probably because there was no Fire Wall :P ).
Edited by LordCaric#1868 on 4/25/2013 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 04:53 PMPosted by DarknessEyes
Anyone else want to suicide hes HC character to make a video of the bug? LOL

No I retired my Hardcore after inferno completion but my recommendation is to equip a windforce and laugh as everything is permanently stuck in the air from knock back and can't even encroach the screen. It certainly helped me out.
Reply Quote
no death but wall spot on me (can't move)

http://moicyp.perso.sfr.fr/diablo%203/Screenshot085.jpg
Reply Quote
Give players control over monster traps. Make walls and prisons breakable. Dying because you can't move is not a challange. It's challange when you can resist, when you have control over it. Please fix it.
Reply Quote
Yeah allowing players to break walls would be one way to go if the spawn-on-character flaw cannot be fixed.
Reply Quote
It seems that when mobs are on a different level than you (downstairs/upstairs or slight map bump recognizable by archon beam going into the ground) they sometimes can't adjust the wall properly.
Devs should look at that first.
Edited by alpahc#2190 on 5/7/2013 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Casual.. You think i didn't try to tumble or move out? .. come on man...
and @cereal#2894 (you're high number should be enough to realize you are scrub trash).. Buy gold? Funny how new players think the only way to make billions is by buying gold.. LOL. Ever heard of offering services in exchange for gold? I started this game on day 1(#1106), made lots of gold before inferno was even nerfed. You totally know what it's like to play hardcore, don't you? (tisk tisk@profile)
Move along please..Same to all you other haters in here..
Invading my thread with BS posts.. You should be suspended from the forum for a week but knowing blizzard, I'll probably be the one suspended.

Would be nice if a blue would address waller issue that SO MANY people have concurred with me on!!!

You are an utter failure.... Ill say it again. Yes you are trapped. But ENEMIES CANNOT ATTACK YOU WHILE YOU ARE INSIDE A WALL. And if an elite is killing you at all in the first place then you are not geared enough to be in that level. Get a damn brain.... It's diablo..... Not pony fun time land. with the magical gumdrop wizard.
Reply Quote
Casual.. You think i didn't try to tumble or move out? .. come on man...
and @cereal#2894 (you're high number should be enough to realize you are scrub trash).. Buy gold? Funny how new players think the only way to make billions is by buying gold.. LOL. Ever heard of offering services in exchange for gold? I started this game on day 1(#1106), made lots of gold before inferno was even nerfed. You totally know what it's like to play hardcore, don't you? (tisk tisk@profile)
Move along please..Same to all you other haters in here..
Invading my thread with BS posts.. You should be suspended from the forum for a week but knowing blizzard, I'll probably be the one suspended.

Would be nice if a blue would address waller issue that SO MANY people have concurred with me on!!!

You are an utter failure.... Ill say it again. Yes you are trapped. But ENEMIES CANNOT ATTACK YOU WHILE YOU ARE INSIDE A WALL. And if an elite is killing you at all in the first place then you are not geared enough to be in that level. Get a damn brain.... It's diablo..... Not pony fun time land. with the magical gumdrop wizard.

ive lost last night my HC twink with around 30 mio equip. got walls on me and than they crushed me down. today the same with my main char. god bless his equip was way better so i got away with 5% hp...

ive got the problem that i cant use any spell or potion when iam "stoned"...

Greez
Edited by Paladdin#2454 on 5/10/2013 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hate to necro an old thread but this "almost" killed my HC DH today as well.

I wasn't inside the wall per say, but due to the nature of the small hallways in the area I was trapped twice on my DH on the same pack. It was waller, molten, fast, {and arcane I think).... and I was unable to hit any mob as I was stuck between two walls and couldn't move in any direction while they placed molten pools on me.

I was stuck (not once, but twice) on the same fight and would have died without 50 discipline + prep in that instance. It's the kind of rush I play HC for, but honestly the waller shouldn't be trapping you, completely unable to take any action whatsoever while sitting inside several stacks of molten. If was any higher than MP4 I would have easily died with 500k eHP (900k with dodge). That level of mitigation shouldn't be so easily killed on only mp4. Perhaps it's an issue with the DH specifically, but I don't think having zero options other than spamming smoke screen is 'fun' play mechanics.
Edited by Madholm#1953 on 12/10/2013 8:43 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]