Diablo® III

Two ways blizzard must improve D3 to regain fans

1) Offline mode. Especially now that it will be going to consoles.

2) Add mod support. WC3, D2 and WOW supported player made content and/or addons. This was a huge factor in their longevity in my opinion.

D3 is the black sheep of the blizzard family. Giving fans these two things would be a HUGE step in the right direction. My third step would be to drastically speed up content/patch/fix delivery. Especially when it comes to fixing itemization and adding items to spur the creation of interesting builds.
Edited by FrodoFragins#1142 on 3/16/2013 7:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My third step would be to drastically reduce the development cycle when it comes to fixing D3. Especially when it comes to fixing itemization and adding items to spur the creation of interesting builds.

Actually if anything the process needs to be sped up, delaying fixes especially itemization will only kill off the game faster. Games almost a year old now, and the patches that have been added haven't addressed the itemization issues even now.

In reality everything in your post should have been in the game on May 15th 2012 when it released.
Reply Quote
2) Add mod support. WC3, D2 and WOW supported player made content and/or addons. This was a huge factor in their longevity in my opinion.

+1

I still play TES: V to the day because of this. And I played WC3 a decade longer than I would have if there wasn't any map editor.
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 07:13 PMPosted by Kizmatti
My third step would be to drastically reduce the development cycle when it comes to fixing D3. Especially when it comes to fixing itemization and adding items to spur the creation of interesting builds.

Actually if anything the process needs to be sped up, delaying fixes especially itemization will only kill off the game faster. Games almost a year old now, and the patches that have been added haven't addressed the itemization issues even now.

In reality everything in your post should have been in the game on May 15th 2012 when it released.

Reducing the development cycle means pumping things out faster. But I reworded to avoid confusion. And yes they should have been there on release but my guess is the bean counters only saw $$.
Edited by FrodoFragins#1142 on 3/16/2013 7:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Never should happen. First of all blizzard would not gain anything. Shortly after they go offline we would see pirated,illegal , modded private servers up just like we saw in D2. It would be a loosing venture for Blizzard. Second fans would go to the illegal server where they could mod their god mode characters.
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Elderone
Never should happen. First of all blizzard would not gain anything. Shortly after they go offline we would see pirated,illegal , modded private servers up just like we saw in D2. It would be a loosing venture for Blizzard. Second fans would go to the illegal server where they could mod their god mode characters.

I'll just say LOL as I don't want the thread deleted. But let's just say it's already too late to worry about that. It also didn't kill D2 or WC3. Keeping players playing means you can get them to buy the expansions.
Edited by FrodoFragins#1142 on 3/16/2013 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
people want to play easy mode... its obvious
Reply Quote
I dont want to see the game flooded with gear equivalent to occy rings and whites in d2, thanks
Reply Quote

Neither of these fit into the business model of the PC version. So as nice as they would be, they will never happen.
Reply Quote

D3 is the black sheep of the blizzard family. Giving fans these two things would be a HUGE step in the right direction. My third step would be to drastically speed up content/patch/fix delivery. Especially when it comes to fixing itemization and adding items to spur the creation of interesting builds.

Go back to TL2.
Reply Quote

Go back to TL2.

TL2 lasted me a week. Try again
Reply Quote
Way one: hire blizzard north back. remake the game.
Reply Quote
Why so hostile towards two things that would be a huge thank you to the 10 million plus that bought the game. Player made content would likely be delivered much quicker than Blizzard could do. And if they're smart they can monetize some of them. Counterstrike, Team Fortress, DoTA and many other games were the result of developers letting their players base create content.
Edited by FrodoFragins#1142 on 3/17/2013 4:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think an offline mode and mod support are both good ideas. With the mod support though i think it would work best if we had some sort of steam workshop type of place. With some type of community voting system. So that way the community picks what they want and Blizzard can add the most viable top community picks to the game.
Edited by Shylowblade#1536 on 3/17/2013 4:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Gib me some infinite dungeon...
Reply Quote
Step 3:

Revive optional ladder system with no rmah
Reply Quote
As always, +1 for the offline mode, lost 2 HC characters today thanks to disconnects. Lame.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]