Diablo® III

How do you farm essence?

I know this is probably repeat post, but i'm curious.

When farming mp10 i do the typical skorn / white pack, but when i get tired of that, i switch to my current set up, and run mp6 alkhaizer.

are there other optimal routes / builds?
Reply Quote
I switch between VoTA and Keeps 2
Reply Quote
I am doing VOTA clears just concentrating on elites, it has been good to me so far. I am doing mp 8-9, so whatever level you are comfortable with.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7980168853#1

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7924374293#1
Reply Quote
Im doing warriors rest runs, with insanity rune on WOTB.
Reply Quote
1. core of arreat checkpoint to keeps 3. 4-5 elites in about 3.5 minutes on mp8

2. festering woods- crypt checkpoint. kill elite and make my way to other crypt killing any elite i find on the way. 3-5 elites. really quick. on mp10, i avg about 30 seconds per elite.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Shaman

why not just do mp10 ghom if you are doing that?
Reply Quote
never tried it... does he have a better drop rate?
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Shaman

sadly i never thought of using insanity :-/ learn something new every day
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 03:18 PMPosted by LordZeus

Insanity+ earthquake :)
Reply Quote
I have alot of luck running VoTA, Black Canyon Mines, then Road to Arcanus. Usually about 12 - 15 elite packs that yeild around 4 - 8 essences.
It takes about 15 min. on MP7.
Edited by Araphel#1608 on 3/18/2013 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 03:25 PMPosted by RagingKoala

Insanity+ earthquake :)

Yeah I forgot about that combo too. I remember I used that to kill the butcher or someone for the first time back in the good ole 8k dps barb days lol
Reply Quote
VOTA runs MP 8 so the elites die fast, I could go up but I like the quick kills.
Reply Quote
MP8 VOTA runs til my eyes bleed. Seriously starting to hate that place.
Reply Quote
Ac2 assasin vault mp10 and blac canyon and I do the KW this is the best run for demonic for me

I use VOta for this run
Reply Quote
I find the warrior's rest run with the wrathquake build to be the place i get essences faster, but it doesn't give much xp or drops so i'm back to alk runs now.
Reply Quote
been experimenting with warriors rest wrathquake myself.
i figure 15 sec per elite and down time to restart, 2 elites per minute is pretty good.
best streak was 5 in a row.
longest streak without essence also 5 in a row.

edit:
timed myself to see how long it takes to kill the elite.. sure, the fight time for elites are quicker but i seriously misjudged that restart time and the time it takes to get to the portal and then get to the elite. takes me about 55 seconds to start game, kill elite and then have the game restart you in town.

i think its easier to just farm the woods with OPKS and thrive on chaos. you can get 4-5 elites in 4 minutes and not as boring as warriors rest over and over.
Edited by MiSo#1464 on 3/19/2013 6:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Warrior's rest Wrath/Quake is fastest way, but also most boring. I actually get pretty good legendary drops this way too, since everything in there dies in the EQ splash. It takes less than 15 seconds to kill the elite, and probably 15 seconds to get there. I probably spend another 5-10 sec looking at loot and relogging. It's hard to beat the kill time plus time between elites you get.

The only nuisance are 'shielding' mobs, but usually everything else is dead and I have enough time left on wrath to take out whatever shielded. Best build for my 2H Skorn barb:

Rend:Blood lust
WotB:Insanity
HotA:Smash
EQ:Path of Fire (65% damage projected forward 12 yards)
Battle Rage:Into the Fray
Overpower:Momentum

Ruthless, Weapon Master, Brawler

Run in, hit overpower, battle rage, rend. Smash away til you have enough fury for WotB, then EQ, and rend again after before smashing further. I have tried both leap and charge instead of overpower, but find overpower to be the fastest overall.

----

Alkazier route is not ideal for Essences because there is so much trash between elites. I think best routes for each Act:

Act3
-Core of Arreat (1-3 elites)
-Tower 1 loop (2-3 elites)
-Skycrown (4-6 elites)
-*maybe* Keeps 3

Act 2
-VotA (5+ elites)
-Black Canyon Mines (2-3 elites)
-Road to Alcarnus (1-2 elites)

Act 1 (Insanity reset @MP10)
-Warrior's Rest

Act 1
-Festering Woods Loop + dungeons
-Cathedral 3 (elite near WP)
-Royal Cemetery (elite near WP)
-Leoric's Manor (run backwards) -- if WW you pass through everything

Act 4
???
Reply Quote
Warrior's rest Wrath/Quake is fastest way, but also most boring. I actually get pretty good legendary drops this way too, since everything in there dies in the EQ splash. It takes less than 15 seconds to kill the elite, and probably 15 seconds to get there.

Don't know if you know this but if get the check pt in Warriors rest, tele to town, and avoid getting the other checkpt in town, you will have the port right into warriors rest when u restart ur game. When restarting the game, to avoid getting the in town checkpt walk under and to the left of the in town waypoint to the portal to WR.
Reply Quote
Not sure if I follow you... I get the portal to warrior's rest, but I start in town in the bottom right corner. Is there a way to spawn in game closer to the portal to Warrior's Rest?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]