Diablo® III

How do you farm essence?

I meant if you get the checkpoint in town that happens if you walk too close to Leah that portal will disappear, at least it does for me. You spawn in game at the same place, but I just didn't know if you were losing that portal to WR by triggering the in town checkpoint. Sorry for not being too clear lol If I'm still not clear ur prolly doing it the way I'm trying to explain :)
Reply Quote
I don't understand the warrior's rest route over VOTA. Even on mp 10 , averaging 50 seconds or less for logging, killing ect, It account to 28 demonic essence per hour.

Some people claim they can get 60 demonic essences per hour in VOTA. Not sure how this is really possible but its certainly possible to get more than 28, more legendaries, more gold and be less bored.
Reply Quote
I don't understand the warrior's rest route over VOTA. Even on mp 10 , averaging 50 seconds or less for logging, killing ect, It account to 28 demonic essence per hour.

Some people claim they can get 60 demonic essences per hour in VOTA. Not sure how this is really possible but its certainly possible to get more than 28, more legendaries, more gold and be less bored.

I dont think a lot of people can kill quick on mp10. Doing only the WR route allows you to use insanity, marauders rage, and even earthquake for max dps output.
Reply Quote
Actually I am comparing WR route on mp 10 with VOTA on lower MP. For example I do VOTA on mp 6 and get at least 30+ demonic essence per hour. I think the one who claim 60 per hour do it on mp 0 or mp 1.
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 09:12 PMPosted by Pieton
Actually I am comparing WR route on mp 10 with VOTA on lower MP. For example I do VOTA on mp 6 and get at least 30+ demonic essence per hour. I think the one who claim 60 per hour do it on mp 0 or mp 1.

Yeah I was doing VOTA on MP5 tonight. I think its a bit more essence per hour. You can kill 2 packs within 10 seconds of each other. I think overall that is better drop rate for essences.

Thing that really sucks for warrior's rest is the walk in town, then the walk to elite, then relog time. That's a huge amount of downtime. I'm not sure how to reduce that. I think they made those walks on purpose. I think they even changed where you spawn in Act 1.

Rates, FYI:

MP 0: 15.0000%
MP 1: 16.5000%
MP 2: 18.1500%
MP 3: 19.9650%
MP 4: 21.9615%
MP 5: 24.1577%
MP 6: 26.5734%
MP 7: 29.2308%
MP 8: 32.1538%
MP 9: 35.3692%
MP 10: 38.9061%
Reply Quote
Up for more input, adding to sticky.
Reply Quote
Core and Tower1 both are linear and end at a waypoint. After that I usually do Keeps 3 until I find the entrance to Keeps 2. Keeps 2 is ok for essences and has great monster density so I like to run Keeps 2 with 5 stacks NV. Maybe I should try tinkering with Skycrown. I don't think the added health on MP10 is worth the extra 3% drop rate on essences. I have done VOTA and its ok but I'm sick of it ATM.
Reply Quote
I got sick of warrior rest.. vota etc. I using core of arreat. I'm So lazy to even quick create games.
Reply Quote
i farm demonic essence 2-8pcs per run mp5 for fast elite run
Vota > Cannon > Alcarnus > (optional) Oasis for key hunt + 3-5 elite
Soj ring helps a lot for fast elite kills
skills: hybrid tornado hota http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahZURQ!dZY!bZZZYZ

already tried mp8-10 but time killing elite vs essence drop makes mp5 more viable
Edited by elkarera#6933 on 4/2/2013 7:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have alot of luck running VoTA, Black Canyon Mines, then Road to Arcanus. Usually about 12 - 15 elite packs that yeild around 4 - 8 essences.
It takes about 15 min. on MP7.

almost the same..i like to clear all the elites in desolate sands to get as much NV stacks possible then go into VoTA average about 5 DE per run sometimes when i get lucky i bank 7 for that run. Also find it faster and easier on mp7 however if you do mp 10 i find it you get less DE but more legends
Reply Quote
Now I was doing vota runs on mp5 for a few hours and I am at around 2-3 essences from vota, mines and alcarnus. Am I missing something, like being on a wrong quest or is it just bad luck for several hours now?
Reply Quote
04/14/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Xedriell
Now I was doing vota runs on mp5 for a few hours and I am at around 2-3 essences from vota, mines and alcarnus. Am I missing something, like being on a wrong quest or is it just bad luck for several hours now?

Sounds like bad luck, I usually will change it up if Im getting bad RNG, Ill go key farm, or take out my aggression's on white mobs in the keeps :)
Reply Quote
1.08 bump

I still think VOTA is top dog here, maybe someone else has a different twist on it?
Reply Quote
VotA is definitely still beast, 7-9 elites, one at every turn, but I kind of like just doing The Festering Woods and Leoric's Manor these days since I've grown fond of a1 hehe. If you're lucky, sometimes you can get 5 elites (including 2 sub-zones and maybe event) in TFW and 2-3 at LM, 1 in the manor and 2 outside. I've also seen people just doing Warrior's Rest over and over again (taking all burst damage skills) with the portal.
Reply Quote
Anymore, i run BCM, circle around the place, killing elites, then WP to town, take your portal to VOTA, clear that, and go to path of oasis and search for the KW if you want the key.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 06:40 PMPosted by Rune
VOTA runs MP 8 so the elites die fast, I could go up but I like the quick kills.

Wow u can do mp8 quick kill without Hota..?then what's wrong with mine
Reply Quote
This is one of the ways i farm DE: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7713971379

Video inside :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]