Diablo® III

To all the old WoWers

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Do you remember the Sun Well?
Reply Quote
The old WoWers should remember 10m scholomance, Sunwell is too newschool lol.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Mthead23

I would have to agree here.
Reply Quote
Can we get a Mod to ban him from the D3 boards? He's been spamming wow trolling threads all day it seems.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
03/18/2013 03:51 PMPosted by H3artless
Can we get a Mod to ban him from the D3 boards? He's been spamming wow trolling threads all day it seems.

I don't see how this is a troll.
Reply Quote
WoW started sucking with WotLK.

TBC was awesome; Not as awesome as Vanilla (World Dragons, BWL, AQ especially, Naxx, ZG), but still awesome.
Edited by IllIllllIllI#1363 on 3/18/2013 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile

I would have to agree here.

Ahh...the good ol' days of raiding Scholo. And ya just gotta remember loving those 5 man Strath CC-A-Thons. I mean, those were real tests of skills, not like these quick "wham, bam, thank you...yeah" dungeons we see today.

I miss the skill based dungeons of vanilla WoW. I do not miss Sunwell. I swear, every time I think of Sunwell the first image that pops into my mind is the old Start Screen from the Donkey Kong arcade that said "25m: How high can you get?", and in its place I'd see "25 Paladins: How many can you stack?".

Good times. :P

Edited by TheTias#1192 on 3/18/2013 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ahh...the good ol' days of raiding Scholo. And ya just gotta remember loving those 5 man Strath CC-A-Thons.

UBRS was the best imo. Long, lots of fun bosses, lots of awesome loot, and everybody wanted (needed) to run it. If you happened to be on a PvP server (I was at the time) then you might go for the raid, but wind up fighting the other faction for hours trying to maintain or take control of the area.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
03/18/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Ringo
UBRS was the best imo. Long, lots of fun bosses, lots of awesome loot, and everybody wanted (needed) to run it. If you happened to be on a PvP server (I was at the time) then you might go for the raid, but wind up fighting the other faction for hours trying to maintain or take control of the area.

Oh, I remember that. Some days it was fun to PvP, other days I just wanted my dungeon runs. Since at the time I couldn't raid, it was my "endgame" as it were.

I still preferred Strath though. More variety and skill needed to complete the runs.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I remember:

Six hour Black Rock Depth runs.

The globetrotting Princess quest line that had me doing my first Wow all-nighter.

The first time I stepped into Stormwind and heard the epic music.

The King Varian quest line that petered out in Dustwallow Marsh.

Getting owned by the plague-bearing cadaver mobs in Stratholme.

The entire 40-man raid being obliterated by Vaelastrasz's fire damage the first time I stepped into Blackwing Lair.

The first time I did the Tirion Fordring quest line in the Eastern Plaguelands.

Going to Stormwind Keep with Marshall Windsor and fighting Lady Prestor with Highlord Bolvar.

Onyxia deep breaths and -50 dkps.

Hearing "Too soon, Executus" for the first time.

It was all fun times ^.^
Reply Quote
Ah the good old times of LFG spamming for 15 man UBRS. 2 shotting mages in PVP with a rogue, Strat runs, yea good times....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
03/19/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Maoxx
Ah the good old times of LFG spamming for 15 man UBRS. 2 shotting mages in PVP with a rogue, Strat runs, yea good times....

Me fighting a rogue in Vanilla Wow:

You can't do that while stunned.

You are dead. Release?

And me fighting a rogue and warlock combo in Vanilla Wow:

You are dead. Release?
Edited by Bird#1227 on 3/19/2013 3:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Aside from world pvp, the best times I had were doing random stuff with my guild. Was in an all Druid guild on Perenolde called Druids of the Thorn. We'd do all druid stealth runs to quickly kill certain bosses for that fire resist gear for raiding. Eventually started doing some runs with rogues as well. Figuring out how to solo run to Mother Smolderweb for the Wildheart...Boots? (can't remember the piece now) was fun times.

Ooh ooh, how about the first time in Un'Goro Crater?! Minding my own business, killing some raptors when the screen is blotted out by a !@#$ing T-Rex (Devilsaur) that proceeds to tear me a new one. I swear those things were sneakier than rogues.
Reply Quote
I loved the massive battles while waiting to raid MC or BWL.....I was a rogue =p
Reply Quote
Tarren Mill vs Southshore was the good old days along with Scholomance and UBRS.
Reply Quote
I remember it, still like ICC better.
IceCream Citadel man...
it just wrapped up the Wc3 story arch at last,
and with an epic fight and ending cinematic.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Mthead23

and how many hours it took to complete lol.. Then they nerfed it to 5 man and still took forever to complete.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Wolfensteinz
Do you remember the Sun Well?

Lol. Remember it? I remember that guy always telling me "Remember The Sunwell" Brutallus made my armor break upon pronouncing his name.

03/23/2013 12:07 AMPosted by Karlsvarg
Tarren Mill vs Southshore was the good old days along with Scholomance and UBRS.

was it 15 man Scholo/UBRS? That was quite a bit ago. I can't seem to remember.
Edited by Sky#1683 on 3/25/2013 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
WoW started sucking with WotLK.

TBC was awesome; Not as awesome as Vanilla (World Dragons, BWL, AQ especially, Naxx, ZG), but still awesome.

ya i have to agree the only good raid imo was ulduar in wotlk. icc was eh and the tourney had a nice twist of no mobs. didnt enjoy cata for poo. tried the raids in mop the first 2 but they those were eh. i hear the thunder king raid is pretty decent though
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]