Diablo® III

Any news on the development of an Appear Offline option

(Locked)

Any news on the development of an Appear Offline option?

“Appear Offline” Option Coming Soon to Battle.net
by Blizzard Entertainment Sep 20, 2012 6:00 AM PDT 317

In the coming months, we're planning an update to Battle.net that will give you more control over your online presence when playing Blizzard games. Soon, World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, and Diablo III players will be able to select "Appear Offline" as one of their Battle.net social-status options (along with Available, Busy, and Away) for those times when they want to wander Azeroth by their lonesome, dominate the galaxy in radio silence, or slay demons in solitude. When you choose this option as your status, all of your Real ID friends, BattleTag friends, and character-level friends will see you as “Offline” in their friends list whenever you’re logged into a game.

The “Appear Offline” status option will be added to World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, and Diablo III separately in future updates for each game. For Diablo III, we expect to add the feature in a patch after 1.0.5. For World of Warcraft and StarCraft II, we expect to add the option sometime after the release of each game’s upcoming expansion.

Thanks for your continued feedback, and we’ll share more information on the availability of this new feature in the months ahead.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7315730/appear-offline-option-coming-soon-to-battlenet-9-20-2012
i guess soon™ is more than 6 months..

Bravo Blizz

really...
I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't like having a constantly open telephone line into my house. One should be able to choose not to pick up the phone. The "Busy" option really doesn't do the trick in this sense because messages still get forwarded to you when people choose not to respect that red button.

Some might find this a bit strange and that's ok.
Still, an appear offline option is important.
This option is a necessity, as well as having the online profiles optionally visible. It's ridiculous that they cannot add these simple options.
The introduction of the Real ID system and the following Battle Tag system marked the end of an era for many players. We used to be able to stay tight with a few people based on the character we were playing and we didn't dream of an overshadowing system such as this where we would have to be available at any time.

This had a lot of value and the D3 friend system facilitates no room for seclution.
04/03/2013 11:43 AMPosted by NBrad
they were hoping you forgot about it

Most certainly didn't ;-)
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon
I was just wondering if there are any news on the development of the "Appear offline" option. The old ways were certainly better in this case. The new ways are taxing too many good things.
It is kind of pathetic that this still isn't available yet. I'm so sick of logging in to check or put up an auction and then getting messages. I use to be polite and respond but I'm at the point where I just ignore people now.
03/23/2013 07:54 AMPosted by Otis
This option is a necessity, as well as having the online profiles optionally visible. It's ridiculous that they cannot add these simple options.

+1 Those right there.
View profile
What if I want to appear offline

By actually playing offline...?
What if I want to appear offline

By actually playing offline...?

Then you bought the wrong damn game. Shop smarter next time.
Any news..? We're looking forward to this :)
Would be great if you'd let us know how this is coming along.
I was also wondering what happened to the "Appear Offline" option.
View profile
The appear offline option will get implemented the same time offline mode is.
Bjornh, rest assured that the Blizzard staff is working full time to get this implemented. There have been many technical challenges to overcome, including one time when testing appear offline, it brought all of California offline instead. Please understand that our programmers are completely retarded but will continue 100% until it is complete.
I think this feature will be introduced on Blizzcon, then some release date should be known.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]